1/1

Losing Grip

Everyone seems to think that Jongin and Kyungsoo relationship as the sweetest couple on earth but Kyungsoo didn’t think so. He still loves Jongin, though. It’s only the degree of love seems to decrease because of Jongin’s childishness. He used to love that childish side of Jongin but now he thinks it’s too much and not-so-appropriate in their age or even in public. He needs something new to spark the love which once on fire or maybe someone new? He doesn’t really know.

Jongin, on the other side, noticed Kyungsoo’s sudden cold shoulder towards him these past few weeks. Kyungsoo used to entertain almost all his requests (including his lame jokes) but lately, he realized that the older was always give too many reasons to avoid him.

“I’m tired, Jonginah. Can we do this later?”

“No, I don’t think that’s funny at all, it’s even sounds offensive to me”

“I can’t. I’m being swamped by all this past-due assignments”

And many more. Jongin tried to lessen it a bit but Kyungsoo still gives the same cold shoulder reactions.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

“Hey, what are you daydreaming of? Wanna have a lunch with me later?” Baekhyun, who is Kyungsoo’s co-worker a.k.a the only bestfriend who knows he’s gay, approaches him.

“Nothing. I’m just taking a break from all these papers” Kyungsoo replied Baekhyun, hesitantly.

“Should we go karaoke tonight? I heard that there is a new worker in that karaoke place which we’re frequently go?” Baekhyun tries to cheer Kyungsoo up but the responses are negative.

“The worker is a GUY ya’know! A. GUY. A. VERY. CUTE. GUY!” Baekhyun doesn’t seems to give up. He tried to persuade Kyungsoo by stressing the “cute” part.

Baekhyun knows about Kyungsoo and Jongin. He's even the only person who knows about Kyungsoo and Jongin. AND Baekhyun knows Kyungsoo had problems with Jongin. Baekhyun seems to know A LOT about Kyungsoo’s relationship, though.

The “cute” part still didn’t catch Kyungsoo’s attention. What’s caught his attention is the guy who is now walking towards their cubicles. Kyungsoo is swiftly sits straight right up and take a quick glance of his appearance (mainly his face and his hair) on the small mirror on his table. Baekhyun realizes that, and he quickly lifted up his head towards the direction of which Kyungsoo is looking right now.

The guy passes by Kyungsoo, who is now “pretending” to type something on his desktop keyboard, and gives a smile. Kyungsoo nods to respond, but still looking straight to his desktop screen. Still “pretending”. After the guy had passed by, Kyungsoo gives a quick grin. He doesn’t even care that Baekhyun is watching all his silly actions (and that grin).

When Kyungsoo confirmed that the guy was already nowhere to be found, he relieves a big nervous sigh, when suddenly Baekhyun is poking his rib.

“You are so naughty! Flirting with that guy while I'm still here, watching you go all silly and what’s up with that stupid grin? Do Kyungsoo?!” Baekhyun is now nearing Kyungsoo to get a clear picture on what was just happening.

“What? For your information, I am not flirting with him and THAT was not even my flirtatious smile or whatsoever stupid grin you were calling of” Kyungsoo mutters as his face is trying to portray an innocent expression.

“Do Kyungsoo, like I’ve only known you for three days! I know that you ARE flirting with that guy, I KNOW your flirting skills! Don’t’ you ever tried to bluff me!” Baekhyun mumbled.

“I AM NOT!” Kyungsoo just widen his eyes in order to hide his real intention (that he indeed was trying to flirt with that guy just now).

“Kyung, I am guessing that you might have problems or in a bad mood state with Jongin right now, but please don’t do that to him. Jongin’s a good guy, he might be childish in some other parts but he still take a very good care of you during our university years, remember?” Baekhyun tries to clear some of Kyungsoo’s bad thoughts on Jongin.

“If you think Jongin is such a good guy, why don’t you go and steal him away from me, I don’t mind. Not even close!” There is a very serious tone in Kyungsoo’s voices while he’s saying that. He knows Jongin had always be there for him during his university years, mostly the worst ones, but the love that he had for Jongin is slowly fades away. He’s honestly afraid of this might happen sooner when he and Jongin still in the lovey-dovey mode, but he never expected the thing he afraid the most has finally comes.

“Here you go, daydreaming again!” Baekhyun is poking Kyungsoo, again.

“No! I just-“ Kyungsoo muttered

“Okay. O-kay! I just hope you think deeply before you make any decisions regarding your relationship with Jongin, kay?” Baekhyun cuts him and continuing,

“Do you really not want to join me for lunch, Chanyeol is downstairs right now, waiting for us. Or, if you really want to talk “something” I can text him to go and have a lunch with his friends?”

“Uhh, no, it’s- it’s okay! You go and have lunch with Chanyeol. I don’t want to be a third-wheel guy!” said Kyungsoo following by sarcastic chuckles.

“We are not dating, for god sake, Kyungsoo! We’re just friend!” expressed Baekhyun, cautiously.

“Then, off you go with your “friend”! You don’t want your “friend” to wait you long right?” Kyungsoo says while stressing his tone on the friend word and making a quotation mark by his fingers, mocking Baekhyun.

“Ugh, whatever! If you happen to change your mind, just roger me kay?” said Baekhyun while grabbing his tote bag and hang it over his shoulder.

“Kay!” Kyungsoo replied short.

 

While Baekhyun is making his way down the elevator to meet Chanyeol, his thoughts about Jongin just now is keep replaying in Kyungsoo’s mind. Kyungsoo is in dilemma, honestly. Whether to just end this dull relationship (as what he thinks of) or sort it out with Jongin. He can never make a wise decision about this. So he just shakes it off, at least for now and heads to the company canteen to grab some foods.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is busy munching his sandwich and checking out his phone. He opened his twitter to check what’s new with outside world. Kyungsoo is kinda ignorant. He doesn’t even care what’s happening on his surroundings. Who died, who gets married, who just delivered, who’s with who, or whatsoever. He only knows about his works, works and works. He’s not that workaholic, though. He rarely got best worker of the month compared to Baekhyun. He only did the same routine over and over. Go to work, sleep, eat, entertaining Jongin, sleep, eat and go to work. However, he’s being thankful since the paycheck is quite big, even though he’s only a normal human resource officer. It might be due to the company is well-known worldwide so the salary is quite a satisfaction too.

He’s about to stand up and pushing his chair back when he felt his chair is colliding with someone else’s. He quickly turns his head to check out who is the person he almost bumped when suddenly he saw THE GUY who’s always caught his attentions all this time, is now smiling, and also turning his head to face Kyungsoo and considerately saying,

“Hey, are you okay?” That guy asks.

His right hand is touching Kyungsoo shoulder which for Kyungsoo, it makes the world stop (at least his world).

“Err, ehm, I..am..o-kay” Kyungsoo replies in startling voices.

“I am sorry, I didn’t see that you want to stand up too, it’s my mistake!” said that guy with a smile, the same smile he gave Kyungsoo before, when he passed by Kyungsoo’s cubicle.

“Ahhh, it’s okay, I am sorry too!” muttered Kyungsoo, anxiously.

“Ahh okay! I am Doojoon by the way, Yoon Doojoon!” the guy said and continues,

“You are Do Kyungsoo, is it?”

“Ahh yes, I am Kyungsoo, just call me Kyungsoo!” replied Kyungsoo added with a forceful yet nervous smile, a bit shocked on how Doojoon knows his name.

“You must be wondering where the hell I know your name, right?” added Doojoon, who is now changing his position to face Kyungsoo and so does Kyungsoo.

“Yes! Do we ever meet before? I mean- errr- I have seen you around our company and sometimes in our department, but we really never talk to one another right?” asks Kyungsoo, and this time, his tone sounds more firm.

“Yes, we never talked before, but I am coming from the account department so I’ve always went to your department to check some stuffs. And, I’m happened to ask your boss about you” replied Doojoon who is now the one who is giving a nervous yet questionable smile.

“Asking about me? On what?” Kyungsoo tries to hide his excitement in his voices. He could never thought the guy who is always caught his attention was asking his boss about him. It did sound weird.

“Ahh about that? It’s- a secret!” Doojoon replies while rubbing his back head and giving out yet again a very questionable smile.

Doojoon continues,

“I love that we are talking right now but too bad I have to go now, I have a meeting at two! It’s very nice to chat with you, even a short one, I hope we could talk more, or maybe have a lunch here sometimes, together?” uttered Doojoon, confidently.

Kyungsoo just nodding while processing every words that Doojoon had said just now. It’s happening too fast, he was saying THE words too fast, it makes Kyungsoo goes blank and don’t really know what to respond, just nodding.

Doojoon realized that and he just let out another smile.

“So, I have to go now, it was nice to talk to you, and finally sees you at this close!” uttered Doojoon, and he continues,

“See you again soon, Do Kyungsoo!” and he walks off, leaving Kyungsoo blinks his eyes several times, stick to the ground.

Doojoon turns his body and waves at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo replies his waves, but still blinking.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh before he enters his house. He is still confused about his relationship status with Jongin. He doesn’t know which steps should he make first to have Jongin to talk about them. He doesn’t really wants to go through that quarrellings phases because he doesn’t favors fightings. Moreover, he gets more confused on what just happened in the company canteen during the lunch-break with Doojoon. Too many things are going on in his mind right now. He let another heavy sigh before pushing the door. He needs to put those away because he is now will face a more serious issue.

“I’m home!” shouts Kyungsoo, which makes his whole house kinda shaking. He quickly removes his shoes and puts it in a shoe rack. While dragging his messenger bag around, he enters the living room, his eyes is searching for something, more to someone. He tries to find Jongin. Usually when he comes home at this hour, he would find Jongin was lying down in the living room, watching tv. However, today, he cannot find any of Jongin’s existence. He enters their room, still not there. Checks the bathroom, it’s vacant. Not at the balcony too. Then, Kyungsoo’s final checkpoint would be the kitchen, he thinks Jongin might be hungry and is busy cooking some foods. When he reaches the kitchen, Jongin still cannot be found. Kyungsoo is starting to think that Jongin, like finally (and so abruptly) is leaving him, for real. Kyungsoo should expect this would happen in spite of his cold shoulder towards Jongin, but he didn’t expect Jongin would leave him this sooner, and not even have the chances to talk, at least. Kyungsoo is starting to feel guilt when his eyes suddenly caught on something. It is a note, sticked to the refrigerator’s door. Kyungsoo nears it and grabs it. Written on that note was,

Kyung! I’m at the dance studio. I feel that I don’t dance for a long time now so I need to secrete some sweats off my body! Don’t be too worry okay! I will come back soon! Oh yeah, I cooked ramyeon for you, if you want to eat it, warm it first okay?! I miss you already….bbyeong

                                                                                                                                                                            <3 Chongin

 

Kyungsoo let out a smile. He folds the note and checking out the kitchen counter. Under the food rack, there is a bowl of curry ramyeon (which is Kyungsoo’s all time favorite ramyeon) and a plate of kimchis. Jongin knows Kyungsoo loves to eat ramyeon with kimchis. Kyungsoo plants a smile, again. He take the ramyeon bowl and put it in the oven. He moves to the kitchen table and pulling out the chair. He sits and unfolding the note again. Suddenly, Kyungsoo is crying his eyes out. He thinks he’s such a fool to do what he’s already done towards Jongin. Jongin knows everything about him, even his favorite foods but he’s too ego to see through that. It’s not only the matter of fact that Jongin knows about his favorite foods, but Jongin also was really taking care of him. And as a response to that, Jongin showed his childish side, not to suffocate him but to gain his attention, just that! But Kyungsoo didn’t see that at all. He’s only thinks about himself.

While he’s busy contemplating with his selfish-ness and ego-ness, he heard someone is locking off the door, he’s swiftly stands up and swept his tears away, standing there, not moving at all. He heard Jongin’s voices occupying their house. Despite his blurry visions due to the crying, he watches Jongin puts down his gym bag and moving towards him, in fast paces.

“Kyung! Are you crying? What is happening? Did someone rob our house? Did someone hurt you? Tell me, Kyung! What is happening?!” Jongin yells while checking out their surroundings and Kyungsoo’s body if he can find what is happening to his lover. Jongin’s actions hurts Kyungsoo more, he feel devastated. How could he’s giving a cold shoulder towards this younger boy who’s only wanting his attentions because he’s too swamped with works these past few weeks and he thought the younger’s childishness were annoying?

“Kyung? Kyung-ah?” Jongin still in wondering, shaking Kyungsoo’s body lightly.

Kyungsoo without any doubt, pulls Jongin’s body closer to him and hugs the latter, tight. He’s immersing his head in Jongin’s chest (even though it’s sweaty) and continues crying. Jongin’s quite surprised with that actions but he hugs Kyungsoo back while putting his chin on Kyungsoo’s head.

Jongin lets Kyungsoo cries for a while when Kyungsoo suddenly pulls his head back and looking up at Jongin, he tries to plant a smile on his sobbing mess face while murmuring,

“I love you Jongin ah, I am sorry for treating you bad these past few weeks, I’m a bad lover! I’ve only think about myself, and not you or our relationship. I’m such a fool for believing that I don’t love you anymore but no, it’s not true, I love you! I love you so much, please don’t leave me!”

Jongin just smile (but Kyungsoo cannot see of course) and ruffles the older hair.

“I am sorry too Kyung-ah. I know I’m giving you too much stress but I just want to maintain our relationship just like before. I couldn’t afford to lose you, not in a million years! I love you too, I want to grow old with you. I’m sorry if I’m behaving like a kid, I’m changing it now, I won’t bother you with my silly acts anymore, I swear!” muttered Jongin, softly.

“No, don’t change who you are! I fell in love because of your childishness, I love your silly acts! I love your lame jokes! It’s just sometimes I feel it’s a bit inappropriate in public, I don’t want to share your lame jokes or childish acts with public. I want to keep it to myself! I don’t want to share you with anyone! So yeah- I-“

Kyungsoo is not finishing his sentences yet but Jongin pulls his head facing him and planting a kiss on the older lips. Kyungsoo’s eyes goes wide and slowly shuts. For once, he feels that their love has sparks again. For once, the world has stopped orbiting, just like during their first kiss. Jongin pulls Kyungsoo’s body closer and don’t even let the older to catch a breath. Behind that kiss, there is a smile, a thankful smile which let all Kyungsoo’s fearsome thoughts goes away and Jongin’s satisfaction of winning his lover back!

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

THE END. LOL HONESTLY IT'S NOT THE END BUT I AM TOO TIRED TO CONTINUE!

AT FIRST I WANT TO MAKE THIS AS CHAPTERED FICS BUT IT TURNS OUT TO BE A ONESHOT /mianhae/

BUT IF ANYONE THINKS I SHOULD CONTINUE THE STORY, I WOULD!

Give a comment juseyo^^