FALLEN

FALLEN

I slowly opened my eyes. 
I was on my knee and my arms were tied up.
The light outside was too bright for my eyes after so much time passed in the darknessof my cell. My vision was blurry but I could Somewho recognize where I was. The breeze was feeble but chilly, with little to no scent but I could hear a faint noise that sounded like the stream of water and something cold was freezing my legs and feet. With these hints, the only place I could think of was "La rivière blanche"*; an all white looking haze river where sinner were sent to when they strayed too far from the path our Holy Father expected us to follow.
"La rivière blanche" was a beautiful, peaceful and surreal place where time didn’t seem to exist.
« For sinner Like me, huh ? » I thought in my head while smiling.
I shook my head slightly and then for the first time, since my eye-sight was slowly coming back, I looked around me and spotted someone standing in front of me. Without even seeing his face, I immediatly recognized him thanks to his scent.
I hurriedly looked at his face to meet his gaze. The look in his eyes was the same as before all this mess. Sweet, kind and loving despite the fact that of this was my fault. I was so sorry. He smiled at me and shook his head without saying a word. So, I too, smiled back. 
We smiled at each other without talking. After all, it wasn’t necessary. We both already knew what was going to happen to us. We even had plenty of time to think of it while being imprissoned. But that humiliating memory wasn’t that important since all I wanted to do, for the time being, was to drow myself in his warm and peaceful chocolate-like eyes.
All of a sudden, a pair of hands forced us both to kneel on the cold grass ground in front of "La rivière blanche". Two execution soldiers restricted our mouvements by pressuring us on our shoulders while another one was taking off our clothes. They left us both with only our loincloth on. Soon afetr, The elders, responsible of the ceremony, came. They was ten of them. I looked all ten of them in the eyes. They didn’t avert their gaze from mine but with the look they had on it didn’t make any difference. They were expressionless and their eyes as cold as the fantomatic mist lazily floating around us. Eight of the Elders gathered around us in a semicircle and bagan to chant. The ceremony was starting. Our lethal punishement was coming.
Except that… we didn’t care anymore.
We just wanted to pass the few moments we had left together by looking at each other smiling. Sadly, even this simple wish couldn’t be granted to us.
The execution soldiers blindfolded us while in the mist of our farewell.
I couldn’t see anything but I sensed someone behind me.
It was an Elder.
He put his hand on my , in between my shoulder blade. His palm was hot, too hot and an agonizing pain I never encountered before suddendly pierced my back. I screamed my lungs out and tears came out of my eyes. I tried to escape but the hand of that Elder seemed stuck on my back I struggle some more but the soldier was strong and thus keep a good hold on me. So, I could only cry out my sorrow whilst he was removing my wings away. A new howl came joining mine. It was his.
In my misery, I smiled because I wasn’t the only one hurting. He too was suffering just like me. I smiled and cried. Yes. He was suffering, scream and being torn appart. Just like me; because of me. I wanted to see his face but couldn’t. I wanted to speak but that too, I couldn’t. The only thing I could do was listening to his scream and tears.
After an endless time of torture, the Elder’s hand left my back and I was lifted back on my feet but I couldn’t stand quite straight. Someone’s hand came to help me and supported my wounded body. But soon I understood that it wasn’t for my sake.
That hand that seemed so kind a few seconds ago was only there to lead me to my death and as I walked, some enchanting voice chanted a threnody. No, that wasn’t it. It was a David’s Psalm.
I laughed. The psalm of the sinner for a sinner. Quite mocking aren’t you all ? The hand guided me toward "La rivière blanche".
The hand halted me. It was surely somewhere near the riverbank and someone forced me to go on my knee.
- Talk ! He is in front of you, sinner ! Somebody said to me.
I frowned. Even though he was supposed to be in front of me, I didn’t say anything. It wasn’t needed anymore. Instead, I recalled our first and last moment of intimacy together.

"He was standing on his sknee, in the long grass, , before my very eyes. My mouth went immediatly dry upon seeing him.
He was… stunning.
His body frame seemed frail and juvenile despite his advenced age. I took a step forward and extended my hand to touch his face. It was warm and soft. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it into his own, a smile illuminating his face.
I took another step. I was so close to him, I could feel his body heat spreading all over my skin. Slowly, I pulled out my hands from his to lift his delicate chin. His brownish eyes were shinning intisy, showing me just how much he loved me.I smiled happily. Then, he closed his eyes whereas his mouth was half-open, tempting me to taste it.
So I did. With haste, I took hold of his lips. His breath had a floral scent; it was a sweet fragrance of honey and roses. Soon, I noiced that all of his body gave out tha smell. I chuckled a little. His body was trying to seduce me when I was already bénite and spellbound.
My gaze followed the shape of his lovely mouth and slowly, gently I kissed him. His lips slightly flickered but with each kiss they started to gain strenght. He wrapped himself around me, his hand hangging onto my back. Soon after, our kiss became more and more passionate; almost fierce-like. While I was being intoxicated by our intimate embrace, he suddendly broke it. Confused, I looked at him.
His sweet body odor was at full blash now since his whole being was… excited. His expression was feverish. He wanted him. As much as I wanted him. But out of nowhere, he started to laugh. A pure crystal voice that was reverberating all over my head. He, then, grabbed my hands once again and pulled the both of us backward so I could fall on top of him. Our boby were tangled up. My skin, our skin could feel one another. It was a marvelous sensation. It was magical. But it was also a sin. The sin of flesh among ourself. Us, the purest ones.
We already knew that this degree of intimacy between us was forbidden by our father‘s law. We knew perfectly it was a sin calling for a deadly punishment. We knew it but could help it.
We gazed at each other. His eyes were so pure. His entire being was pure. And I was going to taint him. to spoilt him. To taste him. To love him. To mark him. And in the end… to kill him. Could I really do that ?
All of a sudden, he curled his arms and legs around my back and waist. His eyes were looking straight into mine. A strong gaze in them. He looked at me with an intensité that could burn, without faltering, once . It was as if he wanted me to understand that I could run away. His behavior was clearly telling me it was an invitation I couldn’t decline.
I smiled, nodding my head. He was right. I can’t run away now. It was far too late to do that. 
I tenderly his cheek and then kissed his lips. His entire body shuddered. I kissed him again, deeply, passionately. at the same time, my hands were wandering around his chest, belly and further down. He gasped a little when he felt one of my hand inbetween his legs.
I went back on my knee, in front of his thighs spread appart. Before doing anything, I looked at him. He smiled brightly back, petted and then kissed my left arm beside his small head. He was so lovely.
I smiled back at him, tears in my eyes, as I penetrated him. I his hair, closed my eyes and enjoying his sigh of pleasure.
We were violating the law. We were committing a sin. The sin of flesh."

A voice I wasn’t familiar with pulled me off of my sweet fantasie.
- Hey ! Sinner Angel of the second division, you really don’t have anything to say ? Hey ? Do you hear me ?
- No. I don’t have anything to say. 
- I see. Replied the un know voice. May our Father forgive you for your sin. He then added.
And without any other word or any warning, the familair hand pushed me.
When my body came in contact with the freezing cold mist of "La rivière blanche", all my strenght disappeared in a flash. Not only that, my body also started to become heavy the more I sunk into the haze river.
I panicked. I was tied up, blindfolded and sinking. My death was unavoidable. Scared. I was scared. I wanted to see him.
But where was he ? Was he sinking beside me or did they wait a little before trowing him in so we wouldn’t be able to die together even if we couldn’t see each other ? Was my brothers that cruel ?
I was sinking without any way to stop it. All I had left were darkness, the cold, my fear and my anger. Anger. The more I was sinking into the cold darkness, the more my anger grew. But what could I do ? 
I was tied up and blind. I was a dying person on borrowed time.
Why ? Why are they doing this to us ? Why are they killing us ? 
We didn’t do anything wrong ! We loved. We loved each other ! 
Was it such an revolting act ? Why humans are allowed to but us, Angels, can’t ? Why are you killing us but not them ? Why are we called sinner but not them ?
Is it bad to love ? Was… was It so wrong we had to die because of it ? 
I couldn’t think straight anymore.
The darkness was too strong. It was everywhere. It was drowing me. It was strangling me, suffocating me…
« We don’t want to die ! I don’t want to die ! »
I… I needed air.
Dark. It was dark. Too dark. Dark everywhere.
I couldn’t breath. Darkness… It was suffocating me. killing me. Surrounding me. It was scaring me. It was killing me.
The Darkness was everywhere. It was surrounding me. Creeping into me and eating away my raisoning, my memories. Turning my brain into a large land of nothingness...
« We don’t want to die ! We don’t… we don’t want… »


« I DON’T WANT TO DIE ! » I screamed while opening my eyes.
It was dark. I had air. I wasn’t suffocating. I wasn’t drowing either. Nothing was trying to kill me. I was breathing heavily, my heart was beating really fast but I wasn’t dead. I was alive…
It was dark. I switched my bedside lamp on and looked around. It was my room. I was in my bed. I sighed, reassured and shook my head.
- A nightmare... It was only a nightmare...
I laughed my fear off and tried to get up when everything became scary and strange.
I screamed once again. A sharp pain ran through my back. It was as if the skin on my back was being removed. It was an horrible… wait a minute... my… back ?
- It… can’t be… 
Slowly, I raised my arm up.

"I tried to escape but the hand of that Elder seemed stuck on my back I struggle some more but the soldier was strong and thus keep a good hold on me…"

I contortionned myself and twisted my arm for the sake of touching my back.
"… So, I could only cry out my sorrow whilst he was removing my wings away."

There was two scars on it that weren’t there yesterday’s night. The pain began to spread itself across all of my back to my arms. As if I was burning alive. I layed down streaming my lungs out. It was an unbearable pain. Tears were coming out of my eyes like waterfall. 
But despite the pain, I was shaking my head harder. It couldn’t be… it couldn’t…
- Kiseop ? Suddenly whispered a voice in the darkness.
I flinched as soon as I heard my name. I looked where the voice came. It was near my window. Someone… or something was standing there. 
Its eyes were glowing in a slight yellowish color. My mouth dropped open. I wanted to scream but no sound came out. I was scared but i couldn’t stop looking at that shadow... and that voice... That melodious voice clear like crystal and beautiful like no other. It was so familiar…
It sounded… the same as the one in my dream. I shook my head at the impossibility. Such a thing couldn’t be real. It can’t be happening. I was sweating and shaking like a leaf, scared out of my wits; heart pounding like crazy with puny breathing.
It couldn’t be real ! It was supposed to be a nightmare, a simple nightmare

- Kiseop, I found you…, replied the melodious voice, leaving the shadow. I found you at la...
But I couldn’t hear the rest of his sentence nor see his face as I was losing away my consciousness.

 

* "La rivière blanche" means "White river" in english