A Coffee Shop Romance

A Coffee Shop Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Coffee Shop Romance

Characters:

Tiffany Hwang, Age: 19

Ryan Han, Age: 21

Henry Lau, Age: 21

Taeyeon Kim Age: 20  

Sooyoung Choi, Age: 20

Seo Joohyun (Seohyun), Age: 18

Yoona Im, Age: 19

Krystal Jung, Age: 18

Cameo by Jessica Jung, Age:20

 

Scene 1- What shall we do today?:

Setting: College dorm lounge

[Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Sooyoung are already present on stage.]

Seohyun: [Enters] Hi unnies!

Taeyeon, Tiffany, &Sooyoung: Hey Seohyun! How was your class?   

Seohyun: A little hard, but great none the less. We got out a bit later than expected because the teacher decided to give us a surprise quiz at the end of class.  Sorry to have kept you all waiting. 

Taeyeon: Seohyun, don’t apologize. Even with the extra time to wait, we weren’t any closer to figuring out what to do for the rest of the day than we were an hour ago.

Sooyoung: Since we have no plans, should we just do something tomorrow instead?

Taeyeon: That would completely defeat the whole purpose of us meeting right now pabo!

Sooyoung:  Well, I don’t see anyone else coming up with any bright ideas.

Tiffany: Hmmm… Tae, do you remember if Henry said he was working today or not?

Taeyeon: Yeah, he said he had to work. Why?

Tiffany: We could go visit him at work.

Sooyoung: Fany, I don’t think that’s a great idea.

Tiffany: Why not?

Seohyun: Unnie, his boss might not like us visiting and distracting his employee. It could get him intotrouble. 

Sooyoung: Exactly.

Tiffany: Well, we could still go there and just hang out.

[Tiffany looked at her friends expectantly waiting patiently for their response. They all look at each other for a couple minutes and nodded.]

Taeyon: Okay, sounds like a plan. Where does he work Fany?

Tiffany: He works at a place called Moonlight Café. It’s a coffee shop that is super close to campus.

Taeyeon: Since you’re the only one who knows where this place is, you can lead us there.

[Taeyeon stands up and everyone else follows.]

Tiffany: Alright! Let’s go guys!

[They all exit together.]

Scene 2- Meeting Ryan:  

Setting: Moonlight Café

[Ryan, Henry, and Krystal are already present on stage.]

 Ryan: Iced Vanilla Latte for Jessica. [Jessica enters briefly to pick up her drink then exits] Thank you and please come again! Henry, we’re not so busy right now, why don’t you go

on your break?

Henry: Are you sure?

Ryan: Yeah, Krystal and I can handle it. Plus if we really need your help, I’ll just call you back to work.

Henry: Okay, thanks.

Ryan: Welcome. [Notices they need more vanilla, caramel and hazelnut syrup.] Actually Henry, could you help Krystal keep an eye on the place? I have to go to the back and get more syrup.

Henry: Sure. No problem boss man.

[Ryan exits and Henry takes off his apron before he sits in the coffee shop. As he sits Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Seohyun enter. They spot Krystal and Henry and make their way over to them.]

Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Seohyun: Hi Henry! Hi Krystal!  Henry, why are you sitting here? Shouldn’t you be working and helping Krystal?

Krystal: Hi unnies!  

Henry: Oh, hi guys. Um… yeah, but Ryan told me to go on break, so…

Taeyeon: Oh cool, we can hang out with you then!

[They all sit down by Henry.]

Tiffany:  So, we finally get to meet the great Ryan today, huh? Where is he?

Sooyoung: Yeah, where is he?

Henry: Uh, He is-…

Ryan: [Enters] Hello, welcome to Moonlight Café! It seems like you know Henry and Krystal. Um… I’m Ryan, the manager of the café. Any questions or concerns please let me or them know as soon as possible.

[All the girls’ faces (Tiffany’s face especially) are in awe because Ryan is so good looking. Sooyoung was about to answer before Tiffany cut her off.]

Tiffany: Um… yeah we all go to school together. This is Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Seohyun.  Oh, and I’m Tiffany by the way.

Ryan: It’s very nice to meet all of you. Please feel free to order whenever you’re ready.  [Pauses to think] Wait, did you say your name was Tiffany?

Tiffany: Yes, why?

Ryan: I can’t believe I finally get to meet THE Tiffany.  Henry was very adamant about getting me to meeting you.

Tiffany: Really? That was nice of Henry.  So, how do you two know each other?

Ryan: When we were kids, we took piano lessons together. 

Tiffany: You play the piano? I play the violin! That’s how I met Henry.

Taeyeon: [mumbles to Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter