Chapter VI

The Repressed Memories of an Elite

Chapter VI

"Hey uhm did you saw my earphones and phone? I think, I left them somewhere" Chanyeol approached us. "Funny joke bro, we all have that situation when we thought some things are missing, but the truth is ..." suho paused and pointed at Chanyeol's ear "it was just right there" he just gasp then just ignored what happened.

I was busy looking at Kai. Why him? 3 years from now? That's a short period of time. What if I just forget him? But... I'm too late. I sighed thinking the worst that would happen.

"You look troubled Jae" Chanyeol said. "I'm okay .. " I said in not so convincing tone. "Tell me what's bothering you please?" He said. "Have you ever had the feeling that someday... the person you treasure the most will just disappear... will j-ju-just be erased and forgotten?" He nod. "Ive felt that.." he said "and twice was enough" he continued. "Twice?" I asked. 

"I had lost two precious people in my life. Endure it, because you can't avoid it. You can only decrease the pain" 

"Why? Is someone you love dying?" He said

And in a moment of clarity... I asked myself...

Do I love Kai already? 

I gulped and shrugged at him. "I have no idea Chanyeol" 

"You have an idea , I know it but your heart denies it" he said.

"I l-lo"

He puts a finger to my lips and smiles 
"La la la la .. hey Jae hows your day? It was nice seeing you today" he said , pretending to not open such conversation a minute ago. 
I smiled 

"Lets just know each other" he said. 
"So what do you do? " he asked.

"Im...what am I? .. iam just this" I said. "That? Just that" he said emphasizing "just" 
" just is not enough to describe you, you are pretty, not cute, you are fragile, not strong, you are brave, but you are not a coward. " he said

"And YOU" he said pointing at me.
"You are HIS" he said pointing to Kai. I blushed by the sudden thought. 

"Well well you are a giant not like him" I said pointing at Suho. "Nor him" i said pointing at D.O. He laugh, his deep voice. "You are one fine man, yet you are also a young innocent elite" and I stopped. 
"Wait, how come you are an elite?" I asked. 

"Look, red ears" he said. Are my ears really red? 

"Both my parents are elite, but, heaven open there gates so early, and I.. iam there only heir. I keep the name, and I must be. I must remain to be an elite" he said.

"Im sorry, I didn't know... do you like being an elite" i asked.

"Happy to be their son, not to be an elite.. maybe some day when I get married , my wife, children, grandchildren all of my kin will be an elite. But that is not the reason why am I continuing to be an elite, for my past, for my parents and for my future wife. I want to build a family that will satisfy my wife" he said smiling.

"Your future wife's the luckiest of all" i said. 
He suddenly turns his head to me. "You got my attention dearie.. 
Aren't you will be the luckiest girl if Kai already marry you?" 

You do not know what you are saying I said to myself. Mentally scolding him. 

I just nod. 
"Music?" He said making a conversation

"Classic" i answered 

"Sports?"

"Chess" 

His eyes went wide. 
"Chess? Wow sad truth, Kai hates chess, true story" he said winking at me. 
I pout. Really? Aish!
"But i do like chess, you can play with me instead" he said.

"Lucky you are here" i said.
"Chanyeol, uh.. just to be clear.. Kai and me...were not... a couple" i said. 

He grinned at me. Is he teasing me. "You will be..." he said and I thought there was a word he would add. 

"Wait.. are you ready for the freshmen's night tomorrow night?" He said. 

Oh yeah... jeez that night again. I never attend those things. The prof just said bring a date if possible. Well, IMPOSSIBLE. 
"Hey, hey," Chanyeol said talking to the phone

"Yes, ive lost Jaerin tuuut tuuut tuuut" he said. 
I smiled. "Im sorry.. uhm nahhh I pass," I said. 

"YOU WON'T GO?!" He said facing me. 
"But...I.. Kai... " he mumbled.

"Didn't he invite you" he said. 
I shook my head. 
"He.. ask another girl..." I smiled. 
"WHAT THE?! THAT IDIOT!" He said.
"That's okay, i wont attend either," i explained. 
"You will. " he said.
"But.."
"No buts!" He said.
"I don't have anything to --"
He held my hand and stopped, he faced me and said.
"Will you be my date?"

What?! 

"Sorry, you lost me.." I said, confused.
"There are billion of girls out there" I said. 

"WILL.
YOU.
BE.
MY.
DATE?"

I blink and ....
Nod.

"Give me your address and ill pick you up" he said. 

"Are you su--

"Yes."