Special Girl

Special Girl - Hoya

— Hoya’s POV —

The beautiful rays of the sun happily shined down from the azure sky above, heating everything that the rays touched, I wondered slowly over to the place where my friends and I sat for lunch. Sitting underneath the broad branches of a tree, the sun carefully filtered through the leaves leaving light shadows amongst the blades of grass.

Sitting down on the grass, I pulled my backpack from my shoulder moving it to my lap. Slowly, I ped the main pocket of my backpack. Pulling out my small lunch, I set my backpack in front of my crossed legs. Watching people as they walked to their cars to get off campus, while others came out like a colony and sat together in a circle so everyone could see and talk to one another.

But I was looking for someone special.

"Yah Hoya are you looking for her again?” Dongwoo excitedly sat next to me as I nodded, still trying to find her. 

"Ah let’s help you look for her!" Sungyeol happily searched for her while the other members sat around.

"Why do you do this everyday if she doesn’t even know you exist?" Sunggyu asked leaning up against the wide trunk of the tree, contently trying to peel his apple with his teeth.

"Hyung that is an awful thing to say!" Sungjong snapped, hitting Sunggyu on the leg.

"Yah! If I was the girl I wouldn’t show up just because you were looking for me." Sunggyu mumbled as Woohyun came over and ruffled up his hair.

"You just don’t understand, Leader." Woohyun took a seat next to Sungjong.

"Ah I found her!" Sungyeol yelled happily as I quickly turned around shushing him.

"Look I found her, she is right over there!" Sungyeol called happily as I got up and pulled him to sit down. Covering his mouth, my eyes found her as my eyes got wide.

"Wah, she is looking really pretty today." Myungsoo came over and sat with his guitar as Dongwoo shushed him as I sat in a trans. 

My eyes followed you, walking over to the concrete, you sat down leaning against the brick wall of the school while your friends took their seats around you.

Picking up a little of my lunch I took small bites, watching you I couldn’t help myself but imagine sitting right next to you, taking with you, laughing with you, talking about your homework and the bad teachers with you.

"Hoya, Hoya!" Dongwoo waved his hand in front of my face, shaking off my day dream I looked over at him. "You better stop looking, she is looking over here."

Turing my head back to see you, there were your eyes, they were on me, for the first time you looked at me. I gave a smile trying not to look creepy or to scare you, slowly I raised my hand and waved slightly to you. Returning my waving gesture, you looked down and smiled, but I couldn’t help but smile brighter.

"She looked at you! She looked at you!" Sungyeol got up and jumped up and down before Woohyun had to get up and pull him back down to finish his lunch.

"Big deal" Sunggyu snarled.

"This is a very big deal! She waved at me when I waved at her, and she even smiled!" I beamed, ecstatic that you finally noticed me, nothing could stop me now. Feeling like I was on top of the world. I happily resumed eating my lunch.

Breaking the beautiful silence, the loud and annoying bell rang. Everyone gathered their things before swinging their backpacks back up onto their backs before heading to their next class like a bunch of trained monkeys.

"Let’s go to your next class, I’ll even walk you." Dongwoo happily offered as I nodded, pulling the straps of my backpack over my shoulders, we walked together as Dongwoo told me jokes to try and get my mind off of you but it wasn’t working too well. How I longed to hear you laugh at what I said.

Arriving at my class, I peered through the window. Finding that you were already in your seat, I leaned up against the wall as Dongwoo looked through the window as his bright smile curled onto his face.

"Wow, she is really punctual." Dongwoo commented as I tried to calm my racing heart, taking in a few deep breaths I tried to gather my cool before heading into the classroom.

"Go inside and sit next to her." Dongwoo pushed me as I refused to go in quite yet.

"I do sit next to her." I remarked quietly seeing the seating assignment on the board.

"Wow assigned seats really are the best!" Dongwoo saw right through me as I gave a little smile. "Just get her to laugh and that is the fastest way into her heart."

"R-Really?" I looked at him with big eyes, nodding furiously his hair bounced on the top of his head.

"Just try it, make her laugh and you will see." Dongwoo challenged before turning around and skipping off to his class that wasn’t too far from mine.

Taking in another shaky breath, I opened the door, keeping my eyes fixated on my seat, I tried not to mess up in your presence. Pulling out my chair, I slipped my arms out of the straps and put my backpack on the desk, looking over at you. I ped my backpack to pull out my notebook and a pencil. Sliding my backpack down to the ground, I flipped to a blank page while writing the date and my name at the top.

A soft noise came from you as I hesitantly looked over at you.

"Hi, looks like we are desk buddies." You smiled at me while your sweet voice knocked me out in one punch. Shyly I nodded my head.

"Hello." I quietly remarked while my heart ran a marathon inside my chest.

"My name is ________, what’s yours?" You curiously asked me.

"Lee Howon, but y-you can call me H-Hoya." I stumbled over my words as my eyes looked up from my paper once again.

"It is very nice to meet you." You concluded while the teacher headed to the front of the class.

Trying to focus was one of hardest tasks I had to do in my whole life, with you sitting so close to me, your sweet scent calling me to notice you, to talk to you.

"That is all for today." The teacher ended his lesson, turning my head to get another glance at you, you slipped your books into your backpack. The bell blared through the rooms again, standing up, you walked out of the room to go to your next class. My eyes followed you out of the room before I turned back to putting my books into my bag.

Heading out of the classroom the next batch of students began to come inside. Quickly, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them.

"Hoya, did you get her to laugh yet?" Dongwoo was super close to my face as I pushed him away so I could slowly make my way to my next class.

"No" I sighed

"Don’t worry, you will." Dongwoo reassured.

A few weeks passed, again I was sitting outside for lunch. Pulling out a notebook I began to jot down some ideas and words that I always wanted to share with you, but I was always too shy to tell you in person.

"Hoya." Woohyun shook my shoulder, my eyes lifted from the lined paper. "What are you doing?" He looked down at me as I covered my paper.

"N-Nothing." I stuttered closing my book as I gave him my full undivided attention.

"Anyways, have you confessed to her yet?" Woohyun knelt down next to me as I shook my head with wide eyes.

"No, I wasn’t thinking on confessing." I admitted

"Well you should, there is only a few months left before summer and then she might move. Now is your chance." Woohyun cooed.

"If I was going to, what should I do?" I looked up at him with a slightly pleading eye, his eyes got bright while a smile grew on his face.

"A song" Myungsoo overheard the conversation.

"Yeah girls like songs" Sungjong happily smiled. The notebook slipped from my lap.

"What song should I do though?" I asked

"What about this one?" Dongwoo picked up my fallen notebook. "It sounds really pretty, just like a confession." He passed around my notebook as Myungsoo smiled, sitting down he strummed a few chords on his guitar while Sunggyu came over and put in some suggestions.

Infinite gathered around collaborating the perfect confession for my perfect girl.

The next day at lunch was the perfect time, the sun was bright, I was wearing a button up shirt that was tucked into my jeans, even buying some flowers for my special girl. It was now or never. 

Watching her group of friends, Myungsoo patted my shoulder as I nodded, Dongwoo tagged along too as all three of us walked over to their group of girls. 

”_______?” I called your name, in response you raised your head while you friends looked over at me. “Can I ask you something?”

"Sure" You smiled brightly as I looked over my shoulder to Myungsoo. Lifting his leg onto a rock he started to strum some chords, finding my note, I began to sing for you.

Glimpsing at you without anyone noticing it became my habit
And sometimes, when our eyes meet
I become an actor acting as if it was nothing
Action, I often think about going to you and starting a conversation
But why do I always freeze when you just come in front of me?
I don’t know why girl
Oh my hairstyle is a bit better than the other men
The color of the brand new shirt I bought yesterday is a perfect decalcomanie of the blue sky
Today I want to hold back my pride and confess to you but
But it’s not that easy
I’m just staring blankly somewhere else

Beautiful girl
I really like you smiling by my side
You’re sparkling
To be able steal the beautiful you
I want you
Cause you are my

(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl
(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl

A chance to see you
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The thing I want is the bonus that is the weekend
If I could just see you coming to see me
I would give my everything
Whatever the price is
To do so, I need my unique charm that can appeal to you
Because the men are always lining up in front of you
I gotta K.O him
Baby lean on me comfortably
I won’t move
If you just come into my arms
I will give you everything
Just for you, I will make time
I want to confess to you and say that it’s daily
But why is the reality different from my feelings?
You don’t even know my name
I walk by you silently again today

Beautiful girl
I really like you smiling by my side
You’re sparkling
To be able steal the beautiful you
I want you
Cause you are my

(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl
(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl

Spring and summer, fall and winter
Regardless of those, you’re so beautiful
After seeing you for the first time, even when closing my eyes, I see your silhouette
Yeah so sweet so y hey
Nothing comes in my reach because of you
I, all day all night long
Yeah so sweet so y hey
Nothing comes in my reach because of you
I, all day all night long

Beautiful girl
I really like you smiling by my side
You’re sparkling
To be able steal the beautiful you
I want you
Cause you are my

(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl
(ooh) Special, (ooh) special
(ooh) Special, special, special girl


The beautiful song was coming to a close, Hoya had a bright smile on his face throughout the song, Dongwoo helped him perform the song. Other people gathered around while they put on a little show for you. Towards the end, Hoya walked up to you slowly, pulling some flowers from behind his back, you stood up from the concrete as he smiled at you, holding the flowers in front of him. Everyone became quiet.

”_______ will you be my special girl?” Hoya questioned you, your heart fluttered, not being able to hide your smile any longer, you took the flowers from his grip gently before wrapping your arms around his shoulders.

Nodding your head into his shoulder, everyone cheered happily. His hands wrapped around you while a big smile slid onto his face. Holding you tightly, Hoya’s dream had become reality and his heart has paved the way for his happiness. His ray of sunshine was in his arms, his dream was hugging him back nothing more could have been more perfect than that moment when you returned his feelings