Cliché

Cliché

 

 

It was another day to start. That’s what Thea thought. She checked her phone and the same frown came crawling to her lips. She was sad but more disappointed. It’s been consecutive days passed already and her boyfriend still hasn’t even given her a single beep. It doesn’t feel like she has a lover at all. She sighed and didn’t let it bother her. She still has classes to attend. So she went on preparing for school...preparing to look good for him.

 

 

“What’s with the long face?” Chryslyn giggled after catching up with her friend.

“Don’t ask.” Thea said with a sigh.

Chryslyn knew what’s going on. She grabbed Thea’s arm and pulled her to their lockers.

“Ok spill it. It is still about him?” said Chryslyn.

She crossed her arms and raised both brows, waiting for Thea to utter something. On the other hand, the latter looked somewhere else but her friend. Her hand ran across her arm and started hugging it.

“Baekhyun still hasn’t shown up to me.” Finally, she opened up. “I mean, we do see each other at school but nothing more. It feels like I don’t have a boyfriend at all.”

“Oh, speak for yourself. I’m having the same issue here. “ Chryslyn rolled her eyes and opened her locker.

“What’s up with you?” Thea asked as she shoves some books inside her locker.

“I heard that one of the cheer squad was throwing herself all over my Sehun.” She angrily said under her gritting teeth while she grumpily took her needed books and shove in some of her stuffs.

Thea smirked and said, “Boy you are in trouble.”

“No. They are in trouble.” Chryslyn smiled, referring to the girls swarming her boyfriend.

“Well that’s the spirit.” 

They high give each other, giggling as they went to their class.

 

 

Classes ended for the day and still, Thea haven’t seen a glimpse of Baekhyun. Not even his shadow around. She sighed in frustration. Before she went out of the school campus, she saw Baekhyun with Sehun. They were still in their jerseys. Both of them were shining (their skins) because of sweat. Thea smiled and was about to walk towards Baekhyun when the other players came and called for them. Before they completely left, Thea called out his name. She just wanted him to look at her even just for single glance…but she was failed. Her heart was like being crumpled when Baekhyun didn’t even dare to look over his shoulder. Maybe he didn’t hear her. Could it be? Or…

‘Has he fallen out of love for me?’ She thought.

 

 

Night came and Thea just finished her school works. She was about to sleep when she heard a loud knock. Nope. Not coming from her door but from her window.

“B-Baekhyun?”

She was surprised to see her boyfriend outside. It was a usual thing for Baekhyun sneaking in through her window during late nights because of their secret relationship (secret from her parents) but this—she didn’t expect it. He wasn’t calling her, no messages and even one look he selfishly kept to himself…why now?

“Hi.” He smiled as soon as Thea opened her window.

“What are you doing here?” She coldly asked that made the latter frown.

“Didn’t you miss me?” Baekhyun pouted.

Thea looked away. She has to look away. It was one of her weaknesses when it comes to Baekhyun.

‘If you only knew that missing you is driving me crazy.’ She wanted to scream at his face but instead she went to her study table beside her bed and her lamp.

Baekhyun climbed over her window and went to Thea’s side. He held her hand and Thea turned around to face him.

“I missed you.” His low voice was ringing inside her head.

“Did you?” Thea asked.

She wasn’t ready for this. She was still hurting inside. Those days she needed him…even simple greetings or look from him she didn’t receive any and now he’s there acting like nothing happened. It didn’t make sense at all. She was confused.

“What’s up T?” said Baekhyun.

His brows were pulled together and he was getting the feeling of rejection right now. He doesn’t have any clue of what’s going on.

“N-nothing.” She sighed.

She looked down not wanting to meet his gaze. Was he that numb? That’s what she thought because Baekhyun’s surely acting like everything was normal when it isn’t.

“T…are you mad because I didn’t look back when you called me?”

T. That’s what he calls her. And she calls him B. Simply; it was the initial of their first names. It wasn’t the sweetest and well-planned endearment but that’s made the two feel special and closer because it was unique. That’s what they thought.

“So you heard?” Thea said, raising her head and eyes glaring.

“I’m sorry. I wanted to but Chanyeol was being really loud so I had to deal with him first. I did look back you know. But you were nowhere.” He frowned.

Still. So he actually heard her. Thea just couldn’t believe what’s happening. She needs time to think. She needed space.

“B…I’m tired.” She softly said.

Baekhyun leaned and was about to give her a kiss goodnight but she looked away, dodging him. He exasperatedly sighed because of her cold treatment.

“I’m sorry. I’m just—I need to rest.”

Thea climbed to her bed and that left Baekhyun no choice but to leave. He went out through her window just like how he entered and closed it. Thea watched as he left. Her eyes were getting stingy and that moment, she just realized she was crying silently.

‘You’re so mean Byung Baekhyun…so mean’

She was still obviously sulking. Can’t Baekhyun see she was hurting? When he was there, standing in front of her, all she wanted to do was to engulf him in a tight hug that screams ‘I MISS YOU BADLY IDIOT!’ but her juvenile attitude got into her. So she came to her lame excuse just to stop the idle talk with him.

 

 

Next day was the usual day for Thea with still no Baekhyun around. She was getting used to it and it was killing her. She didn’t want to feel of getting used to where her boyfriend’s actually being invisible.  She wanted him back—around her…but she wished it in the hard way.

“Ugh…I hate my life.” She banged her forehead on her locker.

It was getting dark already and she hasn’t gone home yet. She didn’t feel like going home. There was something inside her that was telling her to stay. Was it because she was hoping to see him? A part of her was regretting of pushing Baekhyun away last night but the other part was also telling her that she did the right thing. It wasn’t that easy to act like everything was fine. Her stubbornness knows well. And then her thoughts were drifting her away again. Baekhyun should be the one who’s suffering, not her. That’s what she has inside her head. But then before she could start nagging herself, two bickering voices caught her attention.

“Look I told you! I’m sorry, ok?” Sehun was getting all frustrated as he pleased his girlfriend.

“Right.” Chryslyn mocked. “You have time for those girls and not for me. How nice of you.”

Chryslyn smiled but it was obvious that she was faking it. She then passed by Thea and went to her locker which is just beside hers.

“Hey.” Chryslyn said.

“Hey.” Thea shortly replied.

“Hi Noreen.” Sehun sheepishly smiled as he greeted Thea.

His greeting actually put a frown on her face. She just hated that name but Sehun kept on calling her that.

“Just how good are you in making people peevish?” Thea asked, glaring at Sehun.

“Oh beats me.” Chryslyn butted in while rolling her eyes. “Here.”

She handed him her stuffs then closed her locker. “Carry them, send me home then I’ll forgive you.”

“Do I get a kiss after that?” Sehun cheekily asked smiling ear to ear.

Chryslyn’s face flushed at his sudden remark. She threw her gaze away then looked at her friend Thea, shyly smiling as the latter giggled.

“I-I’ll see you tomorrow Thea.”

She then left while Sehun was trying to catch up with her pace, laughing his head off as he teases his girlfriend at her priceless reaction. Thea smiled as she watched the two couple walked away. Even though the two were bickering nonstop…

‘At least they’re together’ she thought.

She was leaning on her locker and was thinking about him again.

“A penny for your thought?”

Thea raised her head and found Baekhyun beside her, leaning on the metal lockers too. He sadly smiled at the girl and said, “Hi.”

“Hey.” She softly spoken, almost like a whisper but it was enough to Baekhyun’s relief.

At least she was talking to him right now without breaking the gazes between.

“Are you still mad at me?”

Baekhyun was trying to speak softly as the same manner she does. It’s almost like they were whispering and only them can understand even though sometimes each words came out inaudible.

“I’m not mad. I’m sulking.”

Baekhyun understands. He gently pulled her to his arms and held her carefully as he could. She was fragile right now. He knew he hurt her enough. Thea didn’t reject him anymore. She was tired of pretending she didn’t miss him.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled in her hair.

“Me too.” She said.

Baekhyun released the hug and grabbed her hand. Thea just found herself being dragged away. The look on her face was all puzzled but she didn’t bother to stop him. She silently followed to wherever Baekhyun take her.

“Baekhyun…”

She felt like her breath was taken away. They were in the rooftop of their school where they first met. The scene was just too beautiful. The city lights complemented the dark night perfectly. Thea was on the railings as the winds brushed against her hair. Baekhyun blushed. It was even more beautiful than the scenery.

“I hope you feel it.” Baekhyun said out of the blue.

“Feel what?” Thea asked with a questioning look.

“How much I love you.”

Her heart hurts so much. Not because of the pain—well yeah maybe but in a good way. It was rare to see Baekhyun’s soft side and also of too much feelings that it was hurting her inside. Her heart was pounding so strong that she felt like her chest would explode anytime.

“I brought you here because I want you to know how much you mean to me. That I still love you like the first time I saw you—right here in this spot…and fell in love.”

“Oh B—“ She was about to say something but he cut her off.

“I know I did something wrong. And I don’t blame you for getting upset.” He stopped.

Thea didn’t say anything. She was still overwhelmed of what she was hearing. Baekhyun took a step closer; taking Thea’s both hands in his. He looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled. Not because it perfectly fits in his, no. But because he knew they were perfectly meant for him.

“I was so dense. I’ve been practicing so hard that I have forgotten about my responsibility to you.” He paused, still looking down.

“I didn’t want to lose but then…it hit me. I’d rather lose the game,” He raised his head and stared deeply into her eyes. “Than losing you forever.”

Thea didn’t know how to respond to that. It was so sweet. So she cried. Baekhyun on the other hand panicked. He didn’t know which part he went wrong. He wiped her tears away and tried his best to calm the weeping girl.

“Ssh. I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong?” He scratched his non-itchy head.

Thea shook her head while wiping her tears. She sniffed, pouting at Baekhyun.

“O-ok. If I actually did something wrong again, I’m sorry! I-I’ll even take back what I said—ow!” He yelped when Thea slapped his chest.

“What was that for?!”

“Oh so now you’re screaming at me?” She crossed her arms, glaring at him.

“Why are you so bipolar?” He asked back.

Thea huffed and was about to walk away but Baekhyun grabbed her wrist just in time. He knew she hated when her question was answered by a question. He couldn’t help but chuckled at her attitude.

“Ok, I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

“Don’t ever take back what you said. Do you understand?” She coldly said while eyes glaring.

Baekhyun was almost scared by that. Yes, almost. He couldn’t help himself but softly laughed at his cute girlfriend, giving him that face.

“I promise.” He said and cupped her left cheek.

“You know, I would really want to kiss you right now but that would be just a cliché.” Baekhyun’s low voice made her heart flutter plus, his stare was just too beautiful.

“Cliché?” Thea grinned.

“U-huh. I know how much you hate clichés. So I guess…no kiss for you now?” He playfully wriggled his brows with a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

“Maybe…” Thea stared at his lips and she felt her blood rushing up to her face. She ran her hand to his nape and let their gazes met.

“…maybe this moment would be an exceptional.” She smiled before crashing her lips to his.

She tiptoed on her feet and Baekhyun pulled her closer, leaning down to bring her back on the cold pavement. She pulled out and smiled. Baekhyun though, looked so lost. He blinked his eyes several times before he came back to his consciousness.

“Oh I love clichés.” He said then pulled Thea for another kiss.

She smiled between the kiss and let it be.  The kiss felt surreal. Neither of them wants to stop. And that’s it, this is it for now. Let’s just say both couples settled down the fuss of their relationships.


Sooo...how was it? :))
I know this would be cliché but...
Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥