You Get a Treat

Circumstances: A Collection of KyuNa Stories

You Get a Treat

 


 

It was clearly unexpected. The look Kyuhyun had on his face resembled one of a little kid who was given something he cannot comprehend. It was just like a very complicated math problem that even he, as 'genius' as he was, could not solve, much less understand. The thing about the situation which confused Kyuhyun so much was not the cup of Gelato held out in front of him, but rather the person seemingly offering it to him. It was such a huge mystery to Kyuhyun, and if the day hadn't been sunny and bright, the world might as well be dark, lonely and chaotic; just as much as Kyuhyun's mind was at the moment.

"What is this?" he asked as he took the cup, still unconvinced and bewildered. It was not everyday that someone buys him something; he's the one who usually treats anyone else. He's all the more perplexed beacuse Yoona was not the type to treat him at all. Not unless he gives her something in return. It never occured to him as he sat on a deserted hallway in the SM building playing with his phone that Yoona would seek him out and bring him a cup of his most favorite thing ever, and used her own money to buy it.

"Eat it," she told him flatly.

"Why?"

Although he didn't mean to sound rude or trying to swat Yoona's offer to him away, the expression of disappointment flashed through her face. Yet it did seem appropriate to ask her. After all, this was probably the first time Yoona bought something without notice nor giving any clear explanation. And he was really wondering what this weirdo was thinking.

"Because you're cute."

And without any other uttered words, without giving him a last glance at his reaction, without looking back, Yoona walked away from him. Kyuhyun watched her retreating figure until she disappeared behind a corner and went back to his melting treat. He was all the more clueless at his best friend's actions, but decided he might as well eat the Gelato given to him. It was sweet. Yoona had given him his favorite flavor. She really knows me, he thought. As Kyuhyun happily finished his food, all thought and confusion at Yoona's actions was pushed back to the depths of his mind. He will never know why Yoona suddenly bought him a cup of Gelato, nor will he ever know that she had been observing him for the last ten minutes, giggling to herself at how Kyuhyun's various expressions were far too cute to resist.But he did assume that if he wanted Yoona to keep buying him food (beacuse we all know that he is such a shikskin), he will have to be something always.

"I guess I'll have to keep being cute."

 

 


A/N: short fic ~ it occured to me upon waking up. my mind thinks of the most ridiculous things in the weirdest times. but I don't mind if it makes me think of kyuna. anyway always thank you! :D