Fight and Accident

Sacrifice

“Hey, guys. Guess what?” Kris called entering the princes’ room.

“What is it Kris?” Suho asked.

“Soorin agreed to be our bodyguard!” Kris smiled.

“WHAT?!” A half of them exclaimed the other half shrugged, not really caring.

“Can she do it? I mean, she’s a g-” Sehun started.

“I know I’m a girl, Oh Sehun. But, your father insisted that I become your bodyguard. Isn’t that funny?” Soorin smirked.

Now the members, who weren’t paying attention, were paying attention. They want to see how Sehun would react to the way Soorin spoke to him. After all, she used his real/full name, which was normally only reserved for the princes’ parents and no one else (same with Kris’ real name: Wu YiFan, Tao’s real name: Huang ZiTao, Lay’s real name: Zhang YiXing, Suho’s real name: Kim Joonmyun, Kai’s real name: Kim Jongin, D.O’s real name: Do Kyungsoo, Chen’s real name: Kim Jongdae, Baekhyun’s full/real name: Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s real/full name: Park Chanyeol, Luhan’s real/full name: Xi Luhan and Xiumin’s real name: Kim Minseok.).

Sehun’s POV:

Heh…Funny…Instead of feeling annoyed, I feel a weird feeling in my chest, and my heart started pumping faster that usual when I heard my full name roll off her tongue and I definitely didn’t like it.

“Why would we need a female bodyguard? Has father gone out of his mind?” I asked.

“I wonder too…But, I did take down 6 guards in under 3 minutes.” Soorin said smugly.

“Because they weren’t strong enough.” I retorted.

“Oh? Then find someone who is.” Soorin said.

“Ok, me.” I said.

“Woah, woah, woah. Sehun, she beat Tao! She’s way over your level!” Luhan whispered.

“Listen to your hyung, Sehun.” Soorin smiled. “You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself in front of your hyungs!” She added.

“Oh, you’re so going to get it.” I hissed.

“Say, Suho? I won’t get punished if I got permission to beat him, right?” Soorin asked.

“Uh…right…” Suho nodded.

“Ok, garden. Now.” I demanded.

“I’m not allowed in the garden.” She shrugged.

“Well, I'm giving you permission so, let’s go.” I snapped.

“Ok, ok. Chill.” She sighed.

Before we went to the garden, we made a stop at the castle’s weapon storage.

“Which do you prefer?” D.O asked.

 

So many weapons to choose from… Soorin thought as she looked around.

“I’ll go with this one.” Sehun said taking a spear from D.O.

“A spear? I thought you were more of a bow-and-arrow kind of guy.” Soorin said.

“He does have good-aim. How would you know?” Lay asked.

“His eyes look sharper than the others same as Chen. Just like how I see that you, Lay, are not a fighter but, a healer of some sort.” Soorin shrugged still looking for a weapon.

Everyone was surprised by what she said. How did she know about their main-skill? Chen felt himself blush at the comment. Wait…Why am I blushing for? It’s just an assumption…Well, a really accurate one.

“I think I’ll stick with my hand-hand fighting. No weapons for me.” Soorin sighed; she couldn’t find a weapon that suited her.

“Spear versus hand? Not very smart are you?” Sehun snickered.

“None of these weapons suit me. This one’s too heavy,” Soorin started picking of a sword and tossed it from hand to hand. “this one is too large,” She said taking another larger sword. “and this-” She started.

“Why don’t you just use the dagger you hide?” Kris asked.

“Dagger? What dagger?” Everyone asked.

“No one was supposed to know that!” Soorin hissed jabbing Kris in the waist.

“Ow…How was I supposed to know?” Kris winced.

“Well, now that you all know…He means this dagger.” Soorin sighed flipping her dagger with one hand.

It was a very special dagger, silver blue metal (part of the reason why they’re called the Blue Arcana), a unique shape and a more personal special; it was a present from her mother and father.

“Cool! Why’s it blue? Where did you come from anyways?” Baekhyun asked wanting to give Soorin a hug.

“Personal space, Baekhyun. I don’t have to answer that question either.” Soorin stated taking her defensive position where Baekhyun’s neck nearly touched the silver blue blade.

“Woah, chill girl. You’re fighting me, not the idiot bacon.” Sehun said pulling Baekhyun away from the blade.

“Sehun! Respect your hyung!” Baekhyun gasped dramatically but, Sehun ignored it.

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s get it over with.” Soorin sighed placing her dagger back into its hiding.

>>Fast forward

“Ok, so how this is going to work is that whoever knocks their opponent down first win, ok?” Sehun asked.

“Got it. Let’s get it over with, I need to do something.” Soorin said. Like write a letter back to Jaerin.

“You sure you want to do this?” Suho asked.

“Yes, now leave before you get hurt.” Soorin and Sehun said in unison.

Suho nodded and left reluctantly to the join other members who were sitting on the bench, waiting for the fight to start.

“Ok! Ready-Go! Fight!” Chanyeol cheered.

Soorin and Sehun circled each other, until Sehun made the first move. He lunged at her pointing the spear. Soorin deflected it with her blade but, received a little cut on her cheek.

“Hm…You’re more skilled than I thought. You managed to pin-point my weakness in my block but, it’s your first time seeing me fight with a blade…Interesting.” Soorin smiled. Finally found a more worthy opponent. (Chen’s mind: Oh my freakin’ god! She smiled! Aadfasdfasd She’s pretty!)

Sehun smirked and tried to strike Soorin again but, this time Soorin blocked it perfectly. While Sehun and Soorin continued to strike at each other, Chen found himself completely mesmerized by Soorin. Ignoring the other 10 members, his gaze focused on Soorin and only Soorin. Beautiful long brown hair flowing with the air as she spun to dodge Sehun’s attack. Nice warm brown eyes with Alice blue sparkling in the sunlight. (Perks of having sharp eyes) Snow White-like skin (almost paler than Sehun’s) shining under the sunshine. And-

“Chen? Earth to Chen? Kim Jongdae!” A voice yelled snapping Chen out of his trance, it was Xiumin.

“Yeah, hyung?” Chen asked, his gaze not leaving Soorin.

“I’ve been like calling for 5 minutes!” Xiumin exclaimed exasperatedly.

“Sorry…What did you want to say?” Chen asked.

“I was asking about Soorin.” Xiumin sighed.

“W-What about her?” Chen stammered and cursed himself for stuttering.

“You seemed pretty captivated by her so, I want to know what you think of her.” Xiumin whispered.

“I-I…W-Well…” Chen blushed scratching the nape of his neck.

“Well?” Xiumin asked.

The two princes’ attention were capture by a fast swoosh in the air.

“Heh, nice try Sehun. But, not good enough.” Soorin smirked jumping over the spear Sehun swung abnormally quick, intending to knock her down. And gave him a roundhouse kick in the head.

Sehun fell to the floor in defeat, groaning in pain.

“Oops…Overdid it…” She chuckled apologetically. “Hopefully, I didn’t break his jaw…That would be bad…”

“Ya think?!” Sehun hissed.

“Look on the bright side! You can still talk!” Soorin laughed.

Sehun glared at the girl as Luhan and Lay got him on his feet and walked him to the castle’s infirmary.

“Oh, Chen. Catch.” Xiumin said and threw a silver canister at Chen.

“What is it?” Chen asked examining the canister.

“It’s ointment. And here’s a few bandages, rubbing alcohol and cotton balls.” Xiumin winked gesturing to Soorin.

“Wae???? Get Lay-hyung to do it!” Chen complained.

“Lay’s treating Sehunnie. So, you do it. Get to know your crush better too! Ah, Chen finally has a crush~Not those ty suitors trying to get him. A legit crush that he chose freely!” Xiumin teased.

“Yah! She’s not!” Chen protested blushing but, Xiumin already ran into the castle.

Chen sighed at his brother and walked towards Soorin who was picking up Sehun’s spear. It’s really nicely made…Light but, too fragile compare to the weapons Blue Arcana make. Soorin thought examining the well-crafted spear. She thought she didn’t get any wounds, until she felt a stinging pain on her cheek. She placed her hand on the pain and her hand came away tainted with blood. Just great… Soorin let out a sigh.

“Uh…Soorin?” Chen asked hesitantly.

“What?” Soorin asked.

“Sit down, please?” Chen gestured to the bench.

“I need to put this back,” Soorin said looking at the spear. “I come back later, I guess.” She added walking away but, stumbled thanks to her bruised leg and stumbled right into Chen’s arms.

“Ah.” Chen blushed. “A-Are you o-ok?”

“Ah, sorry. I’m fine.” Soorin replied pushing herself away from Chen.

“Yah, stop being stubborn.” Chen said irritated.

“I’m not!” Soorin protested.

“Then let me treat your injuries!” Chen said exasperatedly but, blushed as soon as he realised what he had just said.

“M-My injuries? Why would you want to treat them?” Soorin asked eying Chen weirdly. I thought he didn’t want to touch a peasant…

“Uh…BecauseIwanttoandXiumin-hyungwantsmetogettoknowyoubetter, wellitwasmoreofthefirstone.” Chen blurted out.

“What?” Soorin asked, she only caught the words ‘Want to, Xiumin-hyung and the first one.’

“Uh…Never mind, just let me treat your injuries…Please?” Chen asked.

“You’re weird, you know that? First, you said ‘please’ twice in front of me. And second, I thought you didn’t want to touch a peasant.” Soorin said.

“…That’s because…Baekhyun-hyung and Chanyeolie are most likely teasing Sehunnie, Lay-hyung is treating him, Xiumin-hyung and Suho-hyung are helping him, Tao is calming Sehunnie down, Kris is doing some kind of work, Kai has a fear of blood so he can’t really do it-” Chen said.

“Wait…Kai has a fear of blood?” Soorin asked incredulously.

Chen nodded and continued, “, D.O is most likely cooking something for Sehunnie-”

“Don’t you guys have chefs? Oh, sorry. Continue.” Soorin interrupted for the 2nd time. “As I was saying…And Luhan-hyung is running around getting the things Lay-hyung needs.” Chen finished. “And yes, we do. But, everyone calms down better with D.O’s food and I think Sehunnie needs it best.”

“Oh…Ok, well as long as you don’t mess it up even more, I guess I’ll let you treat my injuries.” Soorin shrugged walking/limping to the bench and sat down.

Chen sat down beside her and started treating the minor cuts littered on Soorin’s arms and legs. Flinching at the burning pain when Chen applied the rubbing alcohol on the cut.

“Yah…Can’t you be more gentle?!” Soorin hissed.

“Well, I'm sorry. It’s been a long time since I treated someone ever since we got some weird p- Uh, never mind. It’s normally Lay that treats us.” Chen stated.

“Fine, whatever just hurry up.” Soorin sighed looking at the opposite direction of Chen, at the forest.

She continued staring at the forest until she felt a hand angling her face and searing pain on her cheek. “Yah! What are you doi-?!”

Her speech was cut off by another pair of lips on hers.

“I-I d-didn’t…Uh…I-I m-mean…” Chen stuttered pulling back and stumbling over his words.

“N-No…I-It’s my f-fault…” Soorin stammered biting her lip. Well…That wasn’t the first kiss I ever had… She thought but, shivered at the horrid memory.

“H-Hey…What’s wrong? I-I d-didn’t m-mean to d-do that…” Chen mumbled blushing.

“It’s none of your concern.” Soorin said taking a strip of the bandage and place it on her cheek.

“S-Shall we h-head back?” Chen asked.

“Stop stuttering, you lame excuse of a human. We need to check on Sehun.” Soorin sighed.

“Well, sorry! That was my first kiss!” Chen retorted but, wished he had clamped his mouth shut.

That was your first kiss?” Soorin asked. “I expected you already had your first kiss…Well, lucky you.”

“Lucky me? How is that lucky?” Chen asked. Well, I guess I am lucky…Gave my first kiss to my first crush.

“You didn’t get yours stolen on purpose.” Soorin mumbled. “And I’m not saying anything else.” She added noticing Chen’s questioning look.

“Prince Chen! The 12 princes need to go on an important meeting! Please come this way to get prepared.” A maid informed, interrupting Chen from whatever he was about to say.

“Ah, ok. I’ll wait at the entrance of the castle for the princes. Bye.” Soorin waved but, the maid stopped her.

“I’m sorry, miss. The king requested that you also have to be prepared.” The maid said.

“Huh? Why? I’m not royalty; I’m just a simple bodyguard.” Soorin said.

“I cannot answer that, miss. I was giving the order by the king himself.” She said pushing Chen and Soorin into the castle.

The servant swarmed around the princes and Soorin, checking their measurements and everything. They were later pushed into separate rooms.

“Miss Soorin, may I call you that? Here are the few dresses that they asked you to wear.” A young maid, younger than Soorin maybe, asked.

“You may call me Soorin, what’s your name?” Soorin asked checking out the dress and makeup laid out on the bed.

  • Simple blue dress
  • Ankle boots
  • Light brown blouse
  • Brown belt
  • Simple eyeliner
  • Red lipstick

“My name is Krystal Jung.” The maid replied.

“Ok, Krystal. I leave the makeup to you then. Let me change.” Soorin smiled and changed behind the curtain.

When Soorin came out, Krystal stared.

“What’s wrong?” Soorin asked.

“You’re…you’re…beautiful!” Krystal squealed.

“Thanks. Ah, makeup is all messed up from crying.” Soorin sighed rubbing off the smudged eyeliner on the corner of her eye.

“Don’t worry, I got it covered!” Krystal smiled.

Krystal made Soorin sit down and immediately started removing and doing her makeup.

“There! Done!” She smiled, satisfied with her work.

“Woah, Krystal. You did an amazing job!” Soorin exclaimed examining herself in the mirror.


This is how Soorin looks after Krystal's makeover (Including the clothes)