Promise?

Sacrifice

 

"I'll be back soon....Dont worry, kay?" Soorin asked.

"You promise, right?" Her little brother, Jaerin, asked, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Yeah...I promise. Now go back to bed." She ordered. Tears threaten to fall as she watched her ill brother trudge to his room.

"Are you done?" The soldier asked. Soorin nodded weakly as she gets pushed into the carriage.

 

(The morning of that day)

"Horrible news!" A messenger shouted. Soorin's guardian, half leader of Blue Arcana, walked towards the messenger.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"They want a female!" The messenger exclaimed.

"They?" The guardian asked raising an eyebrow, hoping it wasnt the Dead Fangs.

"The Dead Fangs!" The messenger replied.

The Dead Fangs was a group that everyone feared, they were vicious. Rumour has it that they have 12 handsome princes but, everyone assumes they were just as cruel and cold as their father. The Dead Fangs demand a payement every year or two, demanding food, money, weapons, armour and even other people. And if we dont pay, they will destroy our village.

"A female?" The guardiam's face saddened, last time they asked for the same thing. The poor girl who was sent there had died. There wasnt much females in the village; there a few maids, a few teenage girls and another few children who were girls.

 

Soorin woke up to the sudden yelling of the messenger. Horrible news? Whats happening? she thought. Across the room layed her ill brother, Im Jaerin. He has a weak body, so he was often sick. Jaerin stirred in his sleep. Soorin got up and went over to the sleeping boy. She his hair and the boys eyes opened.

"Sorry, Jae. Did I wake you?' Soorin asked.

"Nope, Rinnie-noona. I cant sleep anymore." Jaerin smiled and tried to get up.

"Stay in bed, Jae. I'll come back with breakfast but, first, I need to check something." Soorin said pushing the boy back down.

"Ok...Come back soon." The little boy pouted.

"I will." Soorin chuckled and left.

"Your guardian wants to see you." A messenger said.

"I was going to visit him, thank you for telling me." Soorin said as she headed to her guardian's office.

"Hyundae? Its me, Soorin." She called.

"Yes, come in." Hyundae said.

"What do you need me for?" She asked.

"The Dead Fangs are back with another ransom." He answered bitterly. Soorin's face dropped. The Dead Fangs? They're back already?"

"What do they want this time?" Soorin asked.

"They want a female teenager." He answered.

Soorin's mother died after giving birth to Jaerin and her father died not too long ago. The clan started to panic because now they had no leader. Hyundae, a close friend to her father, volunteered to be the leader but, he was getting old. Hyundae suggested that Soorin should become leader, she was calm and collected but, get on her bad side, she's a walking hell and she has a sharp tongue. Her skin is fair, even tones. Her hair is long, dark brown and wavy. Her eyes were a beautiful warm brown with a tint of Alice blue but, can be as cold as ice if she wishes so. She was the beauty in the clan, everything was perfect from head-to-toe. But a female being a leader of a clan has never happened before, members of the clans objected because she was unexperienced. Hyundae taught her how to fight and all sort of stuff. When she became leader, the clan kept it a secret. The other clans out there still think that Hyundae is leader.

"Female teenager? Can you bring all the female teenagers here?" She asked.

Hyundae nodded and odered a few soldiers to look for the teenagers. After a few minutes, there were 3 young teenage girls standing in a line, fear was in their eyes.

"Why are we here?" One of them asked.

"The Dead Fangs are here again..." Soorin said as softly as she can.

"Please! I beg you! Dont send them off! They just truned sixteen not to long ago!" A woman cried barging into the room. The guards were about to kill the woman but, Soorin stopped them.

"When did they turn sixteen?" She asked.

"They turned sixteen 2 weeks ago..." The woman wept.

"Hyundae! We cant possibly send one of these three! They wouldnt survive!" Soorin exclaimed.

"I know...but who else do we have?" Hyundae asked.

"There's me." Soorin said.

"Oh, hell no. You are NOT going to be the sacrifice." Hyundae said.

"I am and I will. As a leader, I need to protect my clan. Even if I will put myself in danger. Isn't that what you taught me?" Soorin said firmly.

"Why do you have to have such good memory?" Hyundae sighed.

"Thank you so much! Lady Soorin!" The woman thanked.

"Your welcome, you all may leave." Soorin said. The 3 teenagers left the room, Hyundae closed the door.

"Are you crazy? Why would you send yourself?" Hyundae scolded.

"I'm not crazy. I couldn't possibly send one of those three girls, they wouldn't survive! Remember what happened last time?" Soorin asked with sad eyes.

The girl who was sent last time, when her body came back in a coffin. They were all heartbroken, especially Soorin, she was her bestfriend, Kim Joonhae. Her body was beaten up, bruised and cut.

"How could I forget?" Hyundae sighed

"Joonhae was 17 at the time...If we send them, they WILL be killed. So for their safety, I'm going." Soorin said.

Hyundae closed his eyes and pondered on what Soorin said. Finally with a sigh, he agreed to let Soorin be sent to the Dead Fangs.

 

After that conversation, Soorin went to the kitchen and got breakfast for Jaerin.

"Jaerin-ah? Its me." Soorin called softly while opening the door.

Soorin entered the room to see Jaerin curled up, crying.

"Why are you crying, Jaerin?" Soorin asked patting the boys head.

"How could you, noona? I thought you said you would protect me forever?" He cried.

"Jaerin....Did you follow me?" Soorin asked.

"Mianhae, noona...I couldn't help it." Jaerin apologized.

"Jaerin, I AM protecting you, along with the rest of the clan. If we dont give what they want, they will kill us all." Soorin said, her voice came out harsher than she expected.

"Just for today, can I stay with you? Before, you know..." Jaerin asked sadness in his voice.

"Ok, just for today." Soorin sighed.

They got dressed and met up with Hyundae in the training hall. Everyone was surprised to see Jaerin with her, normally Soorin wouldn't let him go outside of their room.

"Prince Jaerin! What brings you here?" Hyundae asked.

"I'm spending time with Rinnie-noona." Jaerin responded with a small voice. He never really got to know Hyundae well because he was always in his room.

"Well...We need to train Soorin a little. Before...you know..." Hyundae said.

Soorin took a glance at Jaerin, tears were threatening to fall again. She glared at Hyundae for mentioning that subject. Everyone knows that Soorin is protective over her brother, if he cried or get injured, she would destroy (hopefully not literally) whoever did it. She is an excellent swordsman and martial arts student.

"I dont think that will be necessary Hyundae, today I'll be spending time with Jae. Let's go." Soorin said walking away with Jaerin's hand in  her 's.

They walked to the garden and sat down. It was Jaerin 's first time in the garden, he looked around with  amazement in his eyes.

"What do you want to do, Jae?" Soorin asked chuckling at the boy.

"Can we stay here?" Jaerin asked before lying on the floor.

"Sure..." Soorin said lying beside Jaerin.

"Do you have to go?" He asked cuddling closer to Soorin.

"Yeah....The other girls still have a life before them they ca-" Soorin was interrupted by Jaerin's voice.

"You ALSO have a life before you! Do you just plan to throw that all away? You're just going to leave me like that? Are you?!" Jaerin yelled tears are once again threatening to fall.

"Jaerin, you know I will never do that." Soorin said trying to calm him down.

"Would you? You volunteered to be the scarifice! Thats practically asking for a death wish!" Jaerin screamed.

"Jae...Please understand, this is for the best for everyone." Soorin tried to reason the boy.

"Best for everyone?" Jaerin scoffed and stormed off.

"I'm sorry, Jae...Im really sorry." Soorin mumbled as she hugged her knees, tears were forming in her eyes.

"Hyundae...Would you quit hiding? I know you're there." Soorin said after regaining composure.

"Sharp as usual... Should you go after him?" Hyundae asked coming out of his hiding place.

"Leave him be...He needs time to cool off his head." Soorin sighed.

"While you wait, we need to prepare you." Hyundae said.

"Prepare me? For what? I already know how to fight pretty well." Soorin asked raising an eyebrow.

"No...I mean prepare you visually not physically. Come on, lets go." Hyundae sighed.

Hyundae guided Soorin to a room full of outfits. She walked around the room with amazement in her eyes. As she walked around, she picked out the clothing that caught her eye. Call her plain if you like. She chose a white tank-top with dark faded out jeans, a black hat, bracelets, a few rings and a pair of ankle boots. She ordered Hyundae to get out so she could change. When she called him back in, she posed as if she was a model.

"You are the beauty in the clan indeed." Hyundae chuckled.

He called a few maids over to do Soorin's makeup, even though she looked beautiful without it. When they were done, they bowed and left.

"I never thought you could be even more stunning than you already are..." Hyundae gasped.

"Thanks for the compliment, I hope it suits their taste." She said looking at herself.

"Its almost time." A messenger said sadly.

Hyundae and Soorin exchanged glances and followed the messenger. They went to the main hall and waited for the carriage that will take Soorin to the Dead Fangs. She looked around nervously, glancing at the hall. She saw a figure walking towards the main hall, it was Jaerin.

"You're leaving?" Jaerin asked bitterly with no emotion in his voice.

"Yeah...Look Jae, I'm really sorry. I wish there was another way but there isnt. But, I promise you that I'll come back, ok?" Soorin asked.

With those few words, Jaerin finally broke. Crying like there was no tomorow, Soorin felt her tears forming as well as she watch her beloved little brother cry.

 

(Present time)

After being shoved into the carriage, she looked out the window.

"Goodbye, my brother and Blue Arcana." She whispered and tears rolled down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away, not wanting the tears to mess up the makeup she had on.

The carriage came to an abrupt stop after a few hours. She was shoved off the carriage in a non-gentlemen like manner by the soldier. He walked her to the castle. People outside the castle wouldnt stop staring at Soorin. Others even tried flirting with her. Soorin ignored them, when they arrived at the castle. The soldier masked her face. Why didnt you do that earlier? She wondered through the mask. They walked to the main lounge and waited.

"Excuse me? What are we waiting for?" Soorin asked.

"Shuttup, they're here." The soldier replied harshly.

"They?" Soorin asked but the soldier didnt reply.

The soldier kneeled and greeted the people who were coming in formally. She looked up and saw 12 gorgeous men standing across from them. She couldnt see any specific details through the mask but, she can tell that their height is EXTREMELY uneven.

"Who's this?" One of them asked.

"One of the girls that your father ordered." The soldier replied.

Ordered? Im not an object! She yelled in her head.

"I really dont understand why he does this!" A woman's voice said.

"Whats wrong, auntie?" One of the boys said.

"Thats whats wrong!" The woman pointed at Soorin.

"She isnt even bowing to you! How impolite! Make her learn her lesson!" She yelled at the soldier.

The soldier got up and drew out his sword. He was about to strike Soorin when she used her metal bracelet to deflect the sword without looking. The 12 princes whistled in amazement. She knocked the soldier off his feet and stood on his wrist with his sword at his throat.

"Are you done? Let this be a lesson to not touch me." She asked venomously, glaring through the mask. The soldier nodded hopelessly. Soorin got off him and tossed him back his sword.

"H-How un-ladylike! That rogue behavior! There's No way She can be beautiful and pretty like me!" The woman exclaimed. Soorin heard a few of the 12 princes snicker.

"Remove her mask! We'll see the hideous she is!" The woman odered the soldier.

The soldier walked over to Soorin again and gulped.

"Dont touch me. I'll do it myself." Soorin said.

Removing her hat then the mask, she whipped her hair to the side and smirked at the woman and princes's speechless reaction. Suddenly the tall prince with weird elf ears bursted out laughing and the prince with high cheek bones joined also.

"Auntie Hyomi just got owned!!!" The tall one laughed.

"You're right auntie! She isnt beautiful and pretty like you, she's better!!" The high cheek bones prince laughed.

Hyomi became red with anger and embarrassment. How dare she?! This is humiliating!! She thought and stormed off without a word. All of the princes started laughing after she left. Soorin managed to contain her laughter and walked ovet to the soldier she nearly killed.

"Yah...Naega neomo mianhae (Hey, Im really sorry), are you hurt? I didnt mean to be so harsh on you." She asked smiling sweetly at the soldier.

The soldier blushed and nodded slowly but, his wrist were throbbing.

"Heh, you're lying. I didnt introduce myself earlier, I'm Im Soorin. One of you princes! Get me a cold wet towel!" She ordered.

"Woah....A peasant ordering us? Thats something new." The prince with no specific emotion said but, his voice had an irratated tone.

"You have no idea what I am. Now get me a towel or this knight wont be able to protect you all because he wont be able to move his wrists!" She snapped back at the prince.

One of the princes got up and got a towel for Soorin. Well at least, someone is concerned about him. Soorin thought as she wrapped the towel around his wrists.

"Ok, so what you're going to do is. Do not apply pressure on your wrists, avoid using them as much as possible. You need to rest for 2~3 weeks and you should be fine after that." Soorin told the soldier.

The soldier nodded while mumbling a thanks and left. Leaving Soorin alone with the princes.

"So, what do you want from me?" She glared at them.

"Woah...bipolar personality... I like." The tanned prince smirked.

"Oh, so you all are going to flirt with me and see if I fall for one of you, and in the end you'll break my heart and torture me? Is that right? Well to be you. I aint gonna fall for that!" Soorin said.

"Feisty one....Im Soorin, right?" The tanned prince asked.

"I dont think I need to tell you my name if you dont tell me yours." Soorin said crossing her arms.

"But, you told the soldier." The panda eye prince said.

"Yeah, but thats because I nearly broke his wrists." Soorin snapped back at him.

"So...what you're saying is...that if you dont know someone and you nearly kill him or her, you'll tell them your name?" The tallest prince asked.

"Then, can I do it, Kris?" The panda boy asked.

Do what? Soorin wondered. Assuming the tallest prince was Kris, he nodded at the panda boy. The panda boy charged at Soorin and knocked her down. Surprised by his attack, Soorin fought back. Prince or not, he is going down! Soorin thought as she kicked the panda boy off her and took position to fight. The boy got up and glared at Soorin. Apparently the boy was not used to someone kicking him. Taking position, the boy charged at Soorin once again but, to be flipped and crashed onto the floor. Soorin sat on the boys chest with her hand lightly clenched around his neck and a fist ready to strike.

"That was probably the WORST plan you ever had, Tao." A prince said picking Soorin up like she was nothing. The prince that picked her up was oddly cute, he kind of looks like a hamster in Soorin's eyes.

"Now will you tell us your name? You did nearly kill me." The panda stated.

"Argh, fine." Soorin groaned.

"I'm Im Soorin. Happy? Now who are you?" She asked.

"Whatever...Thats Kris. The one you nearly beat the crap out of is Tao. The one carrying you is Xiumin. He's Chen. Thats Baekhyun. The one smiling like an idiot is Chanyeol. He's D.O. Over there is Lay. The deer over there is Luhan. He's Sehun. He's Suho and I'm Kai." The tanned boy said.

"Should we keep her or throw her in the dungeon? Can I throw her in the dungeon?" Sehun asked. Clearly, he is still angry at Soorin for odering them and nearly beating the crap out of Tao. Tao was the best at martial arts and someGIRL comes and mopes the floor with him.

"Lets not...She's interresting." Luhan said.

"You know I'm still here..." Soorin tapped Luhan on the shoulder.

"Oh...Um...Well.....I guess you'll be staying here so I'll get a servant to show you your room..." D.O said.


Sorry it took so long~~~~

Enjoy reading!!!

XOXO~~♡

P.S I like calling myself Saito!

-Saito