The Siren of Seoul

Gotham Sonata

Her breath quickened hearing the sirens behind her, but that wasn’t was making her heart race. Maybe because he was in pursuit of her, he was always the romantic type. Selina heard of persistence but this guy was the definition. How long have they been chasing each back and forth? She wasn’t sure, but she couldn’t help smile imagining how cute he looked running. The slender face in her mind, and the dazzling smile that would light up on his face when she made a comment on his looks. It was like this was a routine for them. A chance for them to flirt and for a second letting them have a moment. So she stopped as soon as she backed her self into what looked like a dead end. She slinked as she turned back around facing the handsome young officer, “You’re looking good Officer. Like always.” Her leather catsuit blending into their dark surroundings. Her eyes now forming crescents seeing she was smiling, and he was staring through the goggles on her round face. He was a bit out of breath standing his ground as always, because with this girl— he couldn’t easily just take her in. Oh no, this girl always knew what she was doing. “You look wonderful yourself, you really know how to work that reject Catwoman costume to your advantage.” He jabbed and the girl smiled her toothy cat like smile. She didn't know if she should be upset because she had to stash what she was just stole, or just jazzed to see her favorite uniformed young man.

"I do her justice, don’t I?" She beamed with the sarcasm through the air as her heeled boots took a few steps toward the chief of police’s son Jung Soryong, "Don’t flatter yourself." He scoffed as grabbed her wrists forcefully looking into her eyes, and grew irritated seeing her smile unchanging. "Now.. this time you’re coming with me." He said keeping a tight grip on her wrist, letting go of one before attempting to grab the hand cuffs that would restrain the villain in question. "Handcuffs? Should I call the papers and say you’re a deviant?" She commented her lips playfully only to receive another eye roll from Soryong. Once he cuffed her and roughly grabbed her half yanking her to walk along with him. 

The thief just sighed, watching him like this was just such torture. “I’ll be calling them saying that I caught you Selina.” Her alias rolled off his tongue so smoothly. Same song and dance, it was great. He smirked to himself, this chase of theirs didn’t start until Soryong graduated from the police academy. Maybe it’s been six months? She had lost count, a petty thief being chased by the pretty boy cop—- not to mention said cop was son of chief? Oh how lucky she was, it was an honor in her opinion. “Maybe some other day.” She said planting a kiss on his cheek causing him to lose his grip on her arm for a split second. As soon as she broke away she stretched her arms over her head literally flipping forwards giving her some momentum to start making a run for it yet again. He didn’t even bother to run after her, because well this was them. As soon as his back up even caught with him asking him if he wanted to continue pursuit he just shook his head with a smile. “No, she’ll turn up as long as there is diamonds to steal.” He murmured touching the skin that her lips had pressed against, and hated that the smile only grew. "Jung.." His fellow cop said as he tapped at his shoulder. "You look happy she got away- your father is really counting on us to stop her. Don't forget." Soryong didn't say a word, he just nodded with an understanding expression. This was his chance to prove to his father, that he was capable of this job.

Yeah-- right. Catch her, that's what he should be doing right? 

A week later. 

Hyoyoung looked down at her wrists that were once bound by Soryong’s hand cuffs and smiled, seeing how she almost let him take her in that time. But she couldn't be caught just yet, though she wondered how he never connected Selina and her voice. Maybe because Hyoyoung wanted to sound more seductive than she usually did, and wanted to slap herself. What if she sounded to try hard seductive? Her alias was Catwoman's identity and she was the queen of seduction-- was she doing it wrong? Now the young girl worried of how lame she probably sounded those few times encountering Soryong.

“Yah.” Her co worker Hyorin said tapping her head with a book, earning a frown from Hyoyoung. She sort of—- hated Hyorin for all the wrong reasons. Hyorin had one of those pretty charismatic smiles, long pretty hair and her voice sounded well perfect along with everything else. Thick just where she needed to be, and Hyoyoung couldn’t help but be slightly jealous of her. Seeing how she herself was awkwardly taller than most girls, she had long hair but nothing as fabulous as what Hyorin seemed to do with her hair. Her body type though athletic wasn’t exactly the ideal type, but she knew she could easily snap Hyorin in half if it ever came down to it. “What? I’m doing my job.” Hyoyoung mumbled as she continued to shelve books, and rolled her eyes. “No, I was talking!” Hyorin whined. For girls that worked in a bookstore and cafe, they sure liked to chatter. More so, Hyorin liked to talk to Hyoyoung who didn’t want to listen. 

But— 

"Besides, did you hear? Oppa, almost caught that thief last week." That also irked her the way she referred to Soryong as Oppa, but she chuckled knowing the real story, "He did?" She said trying to act surprised, as usual Hyorin ate it up, "Yeah he was telling me about it! She’s really elusive, but I know Soryong will catch her. She stole jewelry, engagement rings for crying out loud." Hyorin complained shelving the book she chose to hit Hyorin with. Hyoyoung rolled her eyes, seeing how the engagement rings she stole— well the reason why she had stolen them wasn't anyone's business. She'd testify to this day it was for a good cause, but no one was going to hear her confess anything. At least not yet. "Maybe she’s too good for him to catch?" Hyoyoung suggested. The chime of the bell of the store made her jump slightly, but seeing Hyorin’s excited smile return to her lips it was obvious. 

"Sometimes I wonder that myself." The familiar voice that shook her a bit. But even she couldn’t hide the small smile that was on her lips. She turned around and leaned against the bookshelf, watching Hyorin give a flip of her hair and bat of her eyelashes getting his full attention. "Yeah there cop, little lady is giving you a run for your money." Hyoyoung said with a shrug. Though Soryong was staring at Hyorin, he glanced over at Hyoyoung who always seemed to be on the side of the illustrious thief. Out of all of the things, Hyoyoung wished she could steal— it’d be Soryong’s being, him all of him. Till there was nothing left to take from him, and in return he'd have all of her.  

"Maybe so.” He admitted but returning his attention to the much more preferred company. Hyorin could do whatever she wanted with him, but Soryong and her both knew when night fell, his attention would be on her. His gaze would be on her, and he’d chase after her as if she was the one. But he did come over to lean against the bookcase and now he was facing her, Hyo was frozen. Her confidence shrunk, and she nervously cleared . Hating how she could flirt and make goo goo eyes with the mask on, and without it. She was a normal young woman, “Tell me, do you really think she’s that great?” He questioned her casually, mimicking her posture. She chuckled softly. “I do, she’s smart and obviously you think she’s something.” Hyoyoung retorted. Soryong gave a sigh, “She’s a criminal, a criminal that can run in high heeled boots. So I knew she was dangerous the moment I saw her..” He chuckled softly before he started to speak once more, “Selina, is what she told me to call her..” He had told the two girls the story of how he and “Selina” first met. “She told me she was excited to see that it was me in charge of catching her. And when I asked her why me? She said she won’t be caught by anyone else, that it had to be me.” He said a dreamy tone in his voice. 

"So I do think she’s something.. she’s someone that shakes me around, and a lot of the time I feel crazy. Obsessing over where she might turn up next, if I’ll really be able to catch her.. she’s got me." Soryong said finally standing himself back up. Hyoyoung had to fight back the blush that obviously was trying to emerge. She felt so— flattered, and the way he looked as he talked about her, the dreamy look in his eyes. The young girl didn't even remember telling him that, but he remembered. "Yaaah Oppa you make it sound like you like her or something." Hyoyoung narrowed her eyes over at Hyorin now pulling Soryong away to get him his usual order at the cafe. 

"Yaah.. Oppa~" Hyoyoung mimicked her co-worker under her breath, then looked down at herself then back at Hyorin. What did she have that Hyoyoung didn’t? Oh that’s right—-

A target on her back. But she did have one thing, Soryong’s attention and Hyoyoung was just tossing up ideas to shake up the officer.