First Encounter

You Can Steal My Heart

People say money makes the world go round. 


Well, Baekhyun thinks not. He doesn't really believe that money should be the basis for human happiness, or contentment. Look at him, he's rich and his family is affluent but where is he? He's locked up inside a cage called a house and he doesn't have any freedom to do the things he want to do. Like study music for example. Or go to a university so that he can meet friends and save mr. Do the worry that he's the only one Baekhyun has as a friend. 

Days streches to years and it has been a lot of years since his mother died. Meaning, it has been a lot of years since he's been locked up in this big hellhole. 

It's been year since he's been out playing in the sun like a normal boy. So much sadness engulfs him when he remembers why.

Today, the sun is up. As if to mock him.

On days like this one, he wakes up when the sun hits his face, shining brightly. 

 

On days like this, he wakes up with a heavy heart. Just like always.

Getting up, he goes straight to his window and opens it wide before stepping out into his balcony. The wind blows past him, making him shiver. 

"Baekhyun," Someone calls from behind. 

Turning around, Baekhyun sees his stepmother grinning widely in her ridiculously red lips. Without saying a word to her, he turns back to watching the small birds flying by and the wide landscape of beautuiful summer trees before him. 

"Guess what?" She excitedly exclaims in what Baekhyun thinks as fake enthusiasm. 

"What." he answers glumly.

"Were going on a cruise!" tapping baekhyun by the shoulder, she tells him the oh-so-exciting news. 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, "I don't want to go. You guys enjoy yourself."

"REALLY?!" 

Baekhyun scoffs. Now, she really IS excited after hearing Baekhyun's reply of not going on the trip. Baekhyun knows that she'll be able to seduce his father into buying her stuff which aren't really needed as long as Baekhyun is not around. That way, she'll have all of Baekhyun's father's attention to her. 

"But why?" she asks, now faking sympathy. "It'll be fun if you come with us." 

The sunny weather seem to go gloomy as Baekhyun's mood goes down. "I feel sick." he says. 

Well, it's not actually lying because he's really sick. Not physically but emotionally sick of his life, of their money, and of the way they live like they're all strangers staying in the same house. "I think I'm going to stay here. Unwind. While you two are not around." 

"Hmm... okay. Well." She smiles brightly, not being able to hide her happiness. "I'll tell your father." 

Baekhyun nods.
---

The next day, Baekhyun wakes up with a heavy head. It's like something or someone is inside his head trying to pound it into two. He gets up and goes downstair for a glass of water when he sees his father and stepmother down the hall, all set to go on a 2 weeklong cruise across the caribbean.

"Baekhyun, are you sure you won't change your mind?" his stepmother asks. "Maybe you'll get well on the cruise, get some fresh air, you know." Even her voice sounds pretentious and Baekhyun is sure he won't get any rest even if it is what he wants to do. 

His head starts throbbing again and he squints his eyes. "No. No. I think I'll be better off here." He says, and goes into the kitchen, not sparing a glance at his father.

---

"Chanyeol!" 

Chanyeol raises his head from being rested in between his knees and sees Luhan smiling brightly at him. He squints from the sudden light invading his sight. 

"Hey. Are you ready?"

He shakes his head. This is very dangerous. And he fears that he might get used to breaking inside houses and that he won't stop. Nana had always told him that doing things the first time is hard but you'll get used to it and the second and third time won't be as hard. But right now, he's got no choice. He need this for Nana.

Luhan laughs. "You'll get used to it. C'mon." He says before pulling Chanyeol into their van. 

It's almost dusk, and the setting sun starts to paint the horizon a bright shade of orange and purple. There's a feeling of nostalgia all over Seoul and it somewhat dampens Chanyeol's mood, making him realize the danger in what they're going to do. 

"Hey, you'll be fine. We're here." Luhan taps his shoulders, and Chanyeol nods. 

With them are two more notorious thieves, Jongin and Sehun. Sehun is Luhan's younger brother while Jongin is his boyfriend. It's weird but this dangerous business had brought them together. Maybe because they've been in it for years and they're the only ones who know themselves well. 

"There it is." Luhan says, smirks, and then points to a roof that seems endless as the sky beyond the high wall. "There's our price waiting to be claimed." 

--

Baekhyun doesn't feel well. His headache has been bothering him all day. He couldn't even read his homework from Mr. Do which was supposesd to be submitted by the next morning. There is just no way he could stare at the words without wanting to barf his lunch out of his system.  Instead, he's sitting on the windowsill, looking out the vast expanse of their property. They own everything his eyes could see but there's really nothing to it. It's all just names and empty things. 

Standing up, he picks up his book from the floor where he let it fall earlier and makes his way out his bedroom, looking at everything they own makes him even weaker than he already is.

He goes to his door and is perplexed to find it already opened. The thought doesn't stay there for too long, though. Maybe he's just too preoccupied with everything that he didn't close it properly.

He steps out of his room, down the stairs, and into the living room where a grand piano is located. The one his mother brought for him back then. He sits on it, basking on the peace the empty house is giving him. It feels cold and the lights are out so it's pretty dark but it somewhat makes Baekhyun feel good.

Earlier, he asked all of their servants - Mrs. Kim the cook, Jongdae the gardener, Luna and Solji the cleaners - to just go and take a break from their work too while his father and the witch are still away. He told them it should be a secret. Mrs. Kim, who had been their cook since Baekhyun was a baby was  reluctant at first, knowing Baekhyun will get into trouble if his father knows all about this.

"I have guards." Baekhyun told her, "You don't have to worry ahjumma. I know how to cook too. Please. Just leave me alone for a whiler. Just until they come back." He pleaded.

He must've looked really pathetic that even the once headstron Mrs. Kim agreed to leave him alone.

So that's why he's here. Sick, yet somewhat contented at the newfound serenity of their mansion. 

--

Luhan, Sehun and Jongin went on to their respective assignments while Chanyeol is assigned the room on the end of the short hallway upstairs. Just one for you now because you're still a rookie. Leave the rest to us. Fighting!  Luhan had told him cheerfully. 

Slowly, he tiptoes towards the end of the hallway. 

He turns the doorknob slowly and peeks inside the room. His eyes start searching for things he could steal when they accidentally land on an angel. Chanyeol doesn't believe in cheesy lines but this one is really an angel without wings. Pale, procelain skin, raven-black hair, sharp jawlines that with them alone, he'll make humans kneel before him and worship him with all their hearts. Chanyeol might be exaggerating and candy-coating everything but that's how he really feels as he stays behind the door, his body bending forward, watching a really perfect creation look out the window.

Chanyeol doesn't know how long he has been staring but he almost pees in his pants when the angel stood up, and then bend down to pick something on the floor. Chanyeol scampers away, not even bothering to close the door behind him for fear he might get caught. 

He runs to a nearby room, gets in, and leaves a small space just enough to see where the angel is going. His hearbeat races a million miles per hour and he fears he might get an heart attack right there and then. The angel passes by the room, not a single bit suspicious of what's happening around him. This time, Chanyeol gets a good view of his face and Chanyeol, as embarassing as it might sound, knows he's right. The guy's face literally screams angel. Serene and explicitly beautiful no words will ever be enough to describe the beauty of it. But despite all that, the angel's eyes seem sad.

Chanyeol falls into a trance. He forgets the mission, his grandmother, everything. He couldn't get enough of the angel's face and so he ends up following behind discreetly. 

The angel goes to the piano on the living room and Chanyeol successfully hides himself behind a sofa. His heart is still beating so hard.

A beautiful melody sunddenly fills the air. It's so beautiful yet at the same time, it is filled with sadness and the notes sound like the cries of a broken heart silently screaming for some healing and care.

Chanyeol's heart breaks.

How can such an immaculate face carry such a heavy burden? 

--

Baekhyun stops playing, suddenly aware of eyes on him. He turns around abruptly but he finds nothing. Maybe it's true, the stories circling around the household about how their house is haunted. Ridiculous, he thinks to himself. He gets up from the seat, still feeling heavy and makes his way back to his room, hoping a good, warm shower will make him feel somewhat better.

The familiar scent of his room fills his nose and he realizes how much he missed the comfort of the place despite leaving for only a mere five minutes. This room holds so many memories for him and this is where his dreams are locked up and if he's not allowed to go venture the outside world, then this is the only place he'll ever want to be. 

He goes to his closet to grab a new pair of pajamas and then goes straight to the bathroom. 

The warm water pouring on his body feels nice and they seem to wash away his worries. He stands there, staring blankly into space, wondering what he did in his past life to deserve this kind of life.

 Maybe I was an assassin and I've killed thousands of people with my own bare hands. He smiled at the thought.  Or maybe, I was a drug syndicate, and I sell people for money. Maybe I was really, really bad. 

Baekhyun forgets how long he's been in there but when he stands up, the world seems to spin around. He manages to wrap his robe around him and get out of the bathroom but his bed seems too far away. He tries to get there but then the world fades into a swirl and falls into a dark pit of blackness. 

--

Chanyeol is worried. It's been almost an hour since the angel went inside the bathroom and he hasn't come out yet. Baekhyun hides inside the closet, just hoping to God things will go his way and that the angel wouldn't need anything from the closet again. Or else.

When finally the door of the bathroom opened and out comes a wet haired ange, Chanyeol fights the urge to gasp from too much fascination and closes the door of the closet hurriedly. 

He wills himself to stay in there just until the angel gets to sleep maybe, but he suddenly hears a loud thud and is forced to peek. 

When he sees the angel on the floor, lying unconcious, he gets out of the closet and picks the body up. Screw the mission. Screw Luhan and the crew.

"Hey, are you okay? Wake up." He shakes the body gently. 

"Wake up, please." His voice trembles from panic as he pats the angel's face. 

He's breathing. He tells himself. Maybe he's just sick. That's why he looked sad. 

Chanyeol picks the body up and places it on the bed. He takes it upon himself to dress the angel and it is not without any difficulty. Every single part of the angel's body is so perfect he couldn't stop himself from touching and caressing the legnths of the porcelain-covered build. 

Feeling like a real ert, he mentally slaps himself. He's sick. Have some decency. He scolds his ert self. 

He covers the angel's body with the blanket and wonders where their servants are. if they're so rich, they should have servants, right? But the house is empty. Maybe the whole family did leave and the servants are out partying. 

Chanyeol pushes the angel's fringe away from his forehead and studies the ethereal beauty. The long lashes, flickering so steadily, Chanyeol can tell he's dreaming, the long pointed nose, the pinkish cheeks and the oh-so-supple lips that Chanyeol - even before he can stop himself - dips his head down and gives it a taste. 

"So, you're here playing hooky with the Byun." Luhan's voice echoes across the room. 

Chanyeol stands up. "Hyung, I'm... I'm sorry." 

"Let's go. The van is already loaded." 

Chanyeol nods, "Oh.. Okay." He starts to follow Luhan but suddenly, Baekhyun's voice fills his ear. \

"Who's there?" 

Luhan turns around and sees Baekhyun sitting up, his fist rubbing sleep away from his eyes. 

"." Luhan whispers and grabs his pistol from his back pocket. He points it to Baekhyun. 

"Hyung, what--" Chanyeol jumps on Luhan just when he is about to pull the trigger. 

Baekhyun squealed. "Who are you, guys?!" He gets up  to get his phone but his knees are really weak, that he slumps back on the floor.

They get into a rumble. Chanyeol get hit by the pistol on his eyebrows where blood comes gushing out immediately. He gives Luhan a pretty strong counter punch on the fist the sends Luhan staggering. With a swift move, Chanyeol picks up the gun and points it on Luhan's forehead, effectively making Luhan surrender. 

Chanyeol heaves a heavy breath. "Hyung, He didn't do anything wrong."

Luhan glares at Chanyeol, "You're going to regret taking his side, Yeol. You will. I mean it." He says, and the he turns to Baekhyun who is still watching the two of them with tears falling from his eyes. Luhan runs away, leaving Chanyeol behind.

When the coast is clear, Chanyeol sweeps in and picks Baekhyun up from the floor. "Are you okay?" He asks, making Baekhyun lie on the bed.

"Should I be?" Baekhyun asks weakly, tears still falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun's body feels really tired as if he just ran a marathon. Even if he wants to ask the tall guy who he is, he finds it impossible to open his mouth again. So, Instead of talking, he turns away from Chanyeol and lets himself be taken away by his drowsiness. Maybe it was all just a nightmare. 

He closes his eyes, and everything is pitch black again. 

--

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HELLO! I've started writing again since I'm on vacation from school! yehey!
LOl i was wondering if anyone is still reading this fic so im updating it! HEHEHE! <3
it's really crappy and I dont know the outcome of this update because i havent beta-ed it nor re-read it.
I will edit this later.
 HEHE. I'm sorry. I will do a better job on the next update so if you end up reading this,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3