Did you miss me?

WonKyu Drabbles~

 

This was my entry in WonKyu Epoch way back in July last year. 

 

****

 

 

Kyuhyun rubbed the sweet scented oil into his master’s back as the other slaves rubbed another part of him dry and removed any hair that they could find from his skin. Once the man they were attending had been covered with a shendyt skirt that was slung around his hips, he left the room only followed by Kyuhyun. The heat meant that everyone was wearing the minimum needed.

Kyuhyun breathed deeply as he waited for his master to tell him what had happened in more detail than the vague rumours he had heard on the street. His master had been sent by General Djehuty himself to the Pharaoh Thutmose III to proclaim that the city of Joppa had been captured and was being punished in the Pharaoh’s name. The son of one of the General’s sisters, his master was a trusted officer under Djehuty’s command; not just anyone could personally talk to the Pharaoh and deliver the news.

Though he was the trusted one, Kyuhyun could sense his master’s displeasure at being sent back so soon and not spending more time in the city which was still being ransacked of valuables and goods. The other officers would have taken from the most valuable homes and seized the most beautiful and strong slaves, his master would have missed out of a small fortune. One good thing about being the messenger and being sent back was that he could live in the luxury of his own home, with his own slaves; besides Kyuhyun had missed his master’s presence and it wasn’t as if his master wasn’t already wealthy. Sleeping in the slave quarters rather than at the foot of his master’s bed was uncomfortable. And Kyuhyun’s blunt personality and the clear favouritism of their master meant that some of the other slaves were cold to him.

He frowned as his master as he collapsed on the stone seating next to water feature outside. The house, as all the largest wealthiest houses were, was situated along the river, with ponds around the grounds being directly filled by the Nile. When the larger, well-built man was comfortable he beckoned to the waiting slave who walked slowly over to his master, feeling put out by having to remain in the burning sun. His master might be able to tan and look god-like but he preferred the shade and his paleness was now part of his beauty. Many of his master’s acquaintances had tried to buy him because of his difference to the others who spent most of their time in the sun.

“Did you miss me?” His master whispered in his ear as he was pulled on the elder’s lap.

“Oh course, master. I missed you so much.” Kyuhyun spoke softly, practically purring as his master started to his hands over his waist, chest and back. He knew his master loved his voice so he didn’t want to hold back a sound as he was touched.

“I missed you. No one else held up to you.” His master continued. “I knew you would grow into a beauty when I saw you so long ago.”

“Yes, master.” Kyuhyun murmured. He remembered being bought to his master from a faraway place, delivered at a young age as an exotic creature to become a rich man’s pet. He didn’t remember where he was from originally, but no one looked anything like him. He was glad that his master was so kind to him.

“Do you want me to tell you what happened? I know you love to know everything.”

“Please.” His master always allowed anything that the younger wanted. He allowed the younger to learn everything a young master would be taught. This slave was better educated than some nobles were and he certainly had a sharper mind.

“The General was amazing. He arranged a talk with the rebel leader outside of the city. The leader made sure that none of us were present, he only allowed the General and he didn’t allow any weapons. It didn’t matter because no one can stop Thuti when he does something – the rebel scum was killed with Thuti’s bare hands.”

“Did that lead to the fall of the city?” Kyuhyun asked inquisitively.

“No. The General then sent a message to Joppa that the army had been defeated, that the rebels had won.” His master’s voice became awe filled as he recounted what had happened. “He sent a tribute to the Governor; 200 wicker baskets.”

“A tribute? How did that help?” Kyuhyun pouted because nothing seemed to make sense and his master wasn’t being fast enough with his explanation.

His lower lip was poked as his master laughed and continued, “The tribute, the 200 baskets, each had a soldier in it! The Governor took the baskets into the city before he opened them. When we were in we sprang out and captured the city like that!” He snapped his fingers causing the slave to jolt as the sound was next to his ear and the master to laugh at the others expression.

“And then I was sent back here to tell the Pharaoh the good news.” The master sighed as he nuzzled into his slave’s nape.

“Are you upset that you were the one sent back?” Kyuhyun asked in a small voice. He had been wishing and praying for his master to come back as soon as possible but he didn’t want his master to be upset.

“I was.” His master admitted, “But not anymore.” His master turned his head to peck a kiss onto his pouting lips. “As soon as I saw you, I was glad I was sent back.”

The slave smiled brightly enough to drown out the blaring sun and the master smiled in return at the beautiful sight.