THE LOVELY BREAKFAST

THE LOVELY BREAKFAST

a/n: Actually, this is the first time I'm having N/Leo pairing. But, I really tried to incorporate my OTP in here and didn't forget HyukBin as well. Also, I got inspired writing this after watching VIXX FILE.

I've just written it now so forgive me for typos and grammar errors. enjoy~ ^^

 


 

 

It was an impressive day for the Cha-Jung’s Household. The boys woke up one by one starting from the youngest, Hyuk, who is always so bouncy early in the morning. Hyuk then woke up his brother Ken next by easily climbing onto his brother’s bed just across his with his long legs and jumps around while he wails his morning call: “Kennie Hyung, wake up!”

Soon, due to Hyuk’s always cute persistence, Ken cutely woke up by rubbing his eye with the back of his hand then yawned aloud.

“Hyung! Let’s go! We need to wake up Binnie Hyung and Ravi Hyung!” He squealed and without waiting for Ken to reply, he dragged his older brother to the next room and both of them wake up Hongbin who easily woke up from their noise.

Then, the three of them climbed next to their oldest brother’s bed and started doing all sorts of waking up call, and by all sorts of things, there is Hyuk jumping on Ravi’s bed, Hongbin shaking Ravi and Ken who is using his favourite Pterodactyl’s voice, pitching clear and loud in all four corners of the room but to no avail, Ravi didn’t budge. He was a deep sleeper as he tends to always sleep late at night.

But, the three didn’t give up and at the end, after almost wasting all their energy for the day, Ravi finally budge and soon wake up but still sleepiness still lingers in his half-opened eyes.

 

“What exactly are you two doing here?” Ravi asked groggily then opens his mouth to let out a yawn.

“Did you already forget, Hyung? We will make breakfast today before Umma and Appa wakes up!” Hyuk exclaimed brightly.

“Ow,” Ravi tiredly replied then goes back to lying on his bed, still as sleepy as a koala bear hugging a branch for comfort.

“Hyung!” Hyuk shakes the oldest but Ravi just gestured his hand for them to move and go away.

“But Hyung!” Hyuk finally wailed and was about to cry. It was his idea that the four of them should pamper their Umma and Appa but his oldest brother didn’t want to do it together with him.

“Ravi Hyung,” Hongbin then called after seeing Hyuk will soon about to cry. He’s as sleepy as his older brother but he can’t say no to their magnae. That’s how much he loves his youngest brother.

“C’mon and get yourself out of your bed. Once we’re done, you can go back to sleep.” He reasoned out but Hongbin knew being a five-year old rationalist that he is, making breakfast is a huge task for all of them. They won’t finish before their lovely parents wake up. Not only because their age is too young to mess up in the kitchen but also because they really don’t know how to cook in the first place.

Eating is one thing and they love to eat mostly everything their Umma cooks (they eat everything their Appa cooks though). But, cooking and preparing is another thing.

“You sure, Bin?” Asked the sleepy Ravi. He then gets up when Hongbin nods his head and Hyuk cheered after that.

 

All four of them then came down the stairs and head straight to the kitchen. Soon after, loud noises and splashes can be heard. There was a carton of milk that was spilled on the white kitchen tiled floor. Ken accidentally brushed it off when he and Hyuk had a fight on a spatula. The handle got poorly detached from it even before Hongbin could stop them both.

There was also a frying pan flying away and ended up hanging in one of the hook of the chandelier just above the kitchen counter in the middle of the room. Ravi was about to retrieve it because he was the responsible on why it had went there but he was too tired and sleepy to take it back. He just let it hang in there and try to get another one, rummaging the lower cabinet for another frying pan.

And after throwing pots after another in search for another frying pan, he finally found it under a mountain of pots.

Ravi, since he’s the older and he knows how to open the gas stove, he was responsible in opening it and cooking the pancakes.

Once he sets the frying pan on top of the high fire and drowns the pan with plenty of oil, he goes down the stool he’s using to see how the pancake mixture is going on.

“Kennie? Is it done already?” He asks, still sleepy.

Ken, smothered with flour, milk, chocolate chips and egg yolks all over his face and his pj’s give an approving look and a thumb up at his oldest brother. He then stopped angrily mixing the mixture and hops off the stool in glee. He grabs the bowl next then gave it to Ravi who went back into his own stool in front of the stove.

The frying pan is already smoking in too much heat and the oil is already burning but Ravi didn’t seem to notice it as he was still, again, sleepy.

Ken then gave him the bowl and Ravi started pouring down all the contents in, in one go. Ravi, once again, didn’t seem to mind the pan overflowing. He’s too sleepy to care.

While Ravi is watching the pancake with two half-lidded eyes, Hyuk and Hongbin started chopping down the fruits that was fresh just a couple of minutes ago. Ken, who volunteered on washing them after his task was done had made the fruits went from fresh to softened by over handling. Of course, he didn’t mean it.

The apples now have brown spots, some of the strawberries become mushy; the bananas look dreadful but nonetheless, Ken was happy to be of help.

That’s A for effort in his case.

And since Hyuk is still too young to be holding a knife, Hongbin gave him a spoon and taught his youngest brother on how to make a spoon turn into a bladeless knife. (I won’t tell you the details. It’s magic.)

 

Once everything is settled and done, the four kids did a high-five and group hug for all their efforts. They all smiled seeing the huge chocolate pancake (which was burnt, by the way. The back was almost toast thanks to Ravi who woke up just as soon he smelled something burning and saved it before it could almost turned into a toasted pancake.), the bountiful amount of maple syrup on top and the fruits Hyuk had worked hard to cut.

 

They all escaped in the kitchen after Ravi turns off the stove and they all headed straight to their Umma and Appa’s room.

Once entering, the four kids all gasped seeing their Leo Appa sitting on the bed, already up and reading his book.

Leo then turned his attention at his sons and he smiles thinking of how dirty the kitchen has been if the four kids especially Ken was this dirty.

“Appa!” Hyuk called with a loud cheerful voice.

The four of them then went closer and Leo pats Hyuk’s head amusingly.

“I think I know what you all did down there.” He said and the four kids grinned wide, happy at the outcome of their ‘pamper project’.

“Can I go back to my room now, Appa?” Ravi spoke then yawned and Leo nodded at his oldest son but before Ravi could leave, they both crashed their knuckles together in a cool way like they always did.

“Come here, Kennie.” Leo then said and Ken gleefully takes his Appa’s hands taking him into his arms.

“Why don’t you wake up N for me? He would love to see you all waking him up.” Leo suggested then the three kids all cheered in unison.

Hongbin and Hyuk climbed up the bed and the three of them did their waking up call like they did on Ravi while Leo sneaked out of the room to witness in his own eyes what the kids had done.

 

Once seeing the horrible state of the kitchen, he couldn’t help but to shake his head while smiling. He never thought that having four kids, hyper little kids, would be so much trouble yet he was glad having them as his sons. He wouldn’t trade them for some other kids. They are his.

“Kids,” He said then sighs because as much as he likes the four making breakfast (looking at their piece of work on top of their dining table), there will be no next time.

So, before N could finally witness how his beloved kitchen turned out, he needs to fix it before he could hear a shriek. It was his duty anyway.

 

And after like a lifetime to Leo since Ken really made a huge trouble in the kitchen, he finally finished taking the kitchen back into what it was before, of course, not forgetting about the frying pan that flew all the way up to the ceiling.

He then finished freshening up and N did his face and changed his clothes, not forgetting to help the kids changed their clothes as well. Ravi, on the other hand was too stubborn to change and too sleepy so N didn’t push him.

Then they all settled down in the dining room, Ken was sitting on Leo’s lap while Hyuk, on N’s. N really looked happy though he knew it wouldn’t be so tasty. But, he was glad with what the kids had made for the two of them.

Leo seemed proud and the four kids were also proud of themselves for their hard work especially Hyuk and Ken.

“Shall we eat now?” N asked in glee and Hyuk and Ken cheered loudly while Hongbin who was sitting beside Ravi jerked the latter that made the oldest startled.

“Y-yeah…” He followed up, astounded; raising his fork tiredly and still has a difficult time waking up.

 

Jal meo-geot-seum-ni-da!”

 

~nom-nom~