( four ) a royal headache

Sneaking Kisses ( a jessber drabble collection )

"Just be up by 5 a.m and report to the hall by 5:30 a.m for daily briefings,be at the princess' quarters by 6:00 a.m and tend to her every need the whole day until she calls it a night. Are we clear?" The head maid pauses and turns around to face Yiyun,who had insisted on wearing the butler's uniform rather than the 'itchy and uncomfortable' maid uniform that didn't suit her style. Yiyun blinks and nods once,shooting the old lady a smile.

"I wish you luck,dear. You're the 6th maid this year to replace the previous one." She sighs as she turns around. Yiyun furrows her brows and tilts her head to the side. That many maids have resigned from being the princess' personal maid? Why?

Yiyun had never seen the princess before. She only knew that she was next in line to the throne and she had to find a prince to marry by her 20th birthday. The royal heiress was 19 and was turning 20 next year. She was a year older than Yiyun.

The boyish girl wondered how could someone expecte to be so regal and poised have had so many maids. Was it because she was a cold and heartless diva just as other people had thought royalty to be? She wanted to know.

"Coming through,princess on the loose!" A voice said behind them. Immediately,the old lady she had been folowing around stepped beside without looking back,causing Yiyun to do the same. A flash of blue flew past them and Amber saw the back of a short girl in wearing a knee-length dress,speeding through the halls on a kitchen cart with what seemed to be the head chef chasing after her.

"Princess,please!"

Yiyun blinked. That was the royal heiress?

 

Yiyun waited by the princess' quarters,next to two serious-looking men who were tall and looked quite big. Yiyun rocked on her heels as she whistled a tune,looking around. The men hadn't moved a single muscle since she came.

Suddenly,the girl she had seen from earlier was skipping through the halls,looking like a complete mess. With some of her hair out of its supposedly elegant updo and her dress covered in flour,no one who have thought that this was the princess,Jung Sooyeon. To others,she would have seemed like a complete mess.

But to Yiyun,she was beautiful.

Sooyeon flashes her a grin as she waves.

"Sooyeon. And you seem like someone who I'm going to get along with."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


410 words!
idk what happened. this was just an idea xD
i might post a short continuation of this drabble in the next chapter ;) ;)
If you need more jessber drabbles to satisfy your feels,
a very special friend of mine had started her own <333333
ouob

Hopelessly Devoted To You by Alexandriasterling