Heartbroken

Find Way To Live

It was afternoon when she reached the shore .The sun was blazing hot . However, a gust of wind cooled the scorching rays, leaving a pleasant and warm atmosphere. The gentle breeze that blew caresses against her face left a tingling feeling on her cheeks. Apart from the soft sound of the waves lapping the shore, everything was serene and tranquil. Except the turmoil in her heart.

She strolled slowly on the prickly, white sand gradually becoming oblivious to her surrounding as she contemplated her own love life or story. It seemed like only yesterday that Kris has asked her to marry him. Being engaged to him was like a dream come true after only six months of courting with few years as bestfriend. However she learned that her life would turned downhill quickly that she expected. It sems like today was a bad day for her. Her day started with her woke up late for work. Then, she missed her usual bus thus resulting getting late to her workplace. The chain continued with her experiencing number of unpleasant stares from her colleagues due to her sweaty looks. She even got a good scolding from her boss due to her clumsiness of misplacing important files for the scheduled meeting. The aftermath of that, she got fired. Because she could not focused on them. A call or a text from our loved ones' should be able to cheer our day but for her, it was like another brick thrown to her face. She never received one. Was today make-Hakyeon-miserable day?

Yay to me. Hakyeon cheered mentally.

But what had happened  was a puzzle to solve. Was it her fault? She wondered. Honestly, she had no idea at all. Later that same night, Kris told her as soon as she was just about to sit on her couch. He told her that he want to break up. At first,she laughed at his statement trying to deny the reality that seem to sink in her mind. But his voice was stern and serious. There was an edge to his voice. Silent engulfed her for that moment. She was completely dumbfounded when he told that he was seeing someone else. All this time she thought that he love her whole hearted but 'oh heart can change'. She could even heard her heart shattered in pieces inside her.

'How long have you been with her.' She asked calmly despite the overwhelming emotions.

'A year and half' was his answer.

'A year and half' she mumbled dumbly feeling betrayed. That long. And he never felt the need to tell me until now.

It was stupid if she said that she could not predict this coming. She already sensed something was off about him quite a long time. But she trusted him too much. Both of them started as bestfriends before it escalated to lover turned fiance. How could she not trust her bestfriend? But now she felt like a naive girl who know nothing about her about to be ex-fiance. She never despised herself  until now. She should believe her gut and follow it but she ignored it for love.

Love huh? 

There were clues. and signs too. When she gave him a rang out of blue, he sounded unhappy and grumpy. Usually he will be happy and sappy . He was  also often secretive about his whereabouts. Next, he always gave excuses. He was always "too busy" for me. He also never had enough time to give me a call let alone to have romantic dinner or going out for movies with me.

She did not cry. She decide to cry when she happened to know that Kris cheated with her another bestfriend.

What the hell!

That's the worst thing that she could ever consider. Ironic was it? To say that Hakyeon was dissappointed with them was an understatement. Betrayal hit her face twice by people who she appreciated and trusted wholeheartedly Had she knew that her so called bestfriend loved her fiance, she will gladly back off and let them live in peace. It was such a waste of time. She wasted her time for him for two freaking years and this was how it end.

Such a great end. Happy ending much?

Nevertheless, she never felt the need to beg him to stay. Well, why wasting time for someone that does not love you, right?

Her train of thoughts suddenly aroused by the light pitter-patter of raindrops on her nose. She look up to the sky. The sky was no longer bright. The sky was covered with dark ominous clouds shrouded the sun. A sudden bolt of lightning flashed across the dark afternoon sky. The coconut leaves swayed due to the strong wind. Soon, the calm sea turned into an ocean of fierce and turbulence waves. The rain turned from drizzles to downpour in a matter of minutes.

As she stood facing the sea, unaffected by the rising strom.Yeah, this was a crazy thing to do but she did not give a damn about it. She could hear the sad melody resonated instead of the raging storm. She took a deep breath and exhale slowly. She thought of all the fish in the ocean. They seemed carefree and enjoyed the exciting life of high adventure and risk, although for a brief span of time. Such a risk-takers. She chuckled  sorrowly to myself.

'It just another phase in life. It will passed through. I will move on with my new life. Find a new job and get those blissful life again'

She resolved to leave Kris in the past and live in the present life. She decide to live her life to the fullest and never ever turn back to her past. At least that was what she intended to do in first place.

It was easier said than done though. 

 


Never beg someone to be in your life. If you text, call, visit and still get ignored, walk away. It's called 'SELF-RESPECT' - Steve Wentworth