Chapter 1

Best Friend or Stranger?
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry. But I have an appoinment in 15 minutes. It's nice to know you, Han Minhee-ssi" said my 9th blind date as he stand up.

"Oh okay. It's nice knowing you too," I stand up and shake hand with him. After bowing to each other, he leave. 

I watch as he went out of the restaurant. 

*Sigh* 'It always turned up this way. They always leave me first. I'm not going to do this anymore even if my aunt kills me' 

I walked out the restaurant and headed to the Han River. The restaurant is just about 10 minutes from Han River. I glanced at my watch, it's already 10.45pm. I thought today will be different from any other blind date. I guess I was expecting too much. The street is still busy even at this hour. Many youngsters strolling and shopping. and oh I forgot to mention, couples. They are a lot of couples having a great time at the Han River Park. I'm 18 but I never had a boyfriend before. How sad my life is. And I don't know why on earth my aunt ask me to do this thing at my young age!

"Ahhhh I really should stop this" I said slowly as I searched for a bench at the park. Luckily there is an empty bench facing towards the Han River and is a perfect spot to sit alone. I paced up towards the bench before someone else got it. I sat down and sighed. Looking at my outfit today. It is so not my style. I always wear something comfortable and simple. Not as fancy as this. My feet start to feel the pain from walking just now. I never like high heels. 

'Ugh this heels killing me' I murmured while massaging my feet. The memory of my nephew asking forcing me to wear this heels hit me. She said that heels make a woman feels confident and beautiful.  I never thought that way tho. When I come home, my aunt probably blaming me again for this unsuccessful blind date. 

"Aishh! Why do I have to do this at this age!" I let out my anger and unconciously throwing my left high heel.

"Ouch! Who did this?!" I heard a man's voice. And other voices in foreign language. Mandarin or Cantonese, I'm not sure but I'm sure they are Chinese.

"Omo! What have I done?" I quickly grabbed my purse and cover my face. I peeked a little and saw a man approaching me. 

'Ottokke ottokke. What if he's a bad guy?' I took of my right heels and slowly stand up. 'Okay, in the count of three. hana, dul...' with that, I ran as fast as I could. 

-----------------------------------

Please log in to read the full chapter