My Turn To Cry

My Turn To Cry

    The weight of the earth pulled tirelessly at the heavy folds of skin that connected the light from the darkness. Deep pools of water threatened to topple over; wanting to create a never ending sea of burdened tears. Deep roads had found their way into the white skin that protected the cold from invading; their stronghold were failing minute by minute. Bitter frost consumed every pore; joints moved like icicles. Breath was frozen to wet lips, circulating through small lungs. A barricade had formed in the passageways that gave life to a being; air fought for a way out, but the force did not give up. The pressure that built up strained the once clear vision with tears, but the didn’t fall. They couldn’t fall. It wasn’t time.

 

The time added up to many years, many memories. The woman held too many. Only now did they call for attention. No, they screamed for it. They couldn’t be held in anymore, action needed to be taken. Whatever that was, the memories needed to disappear. He needed to disappear.

 

The night finally whispered its solution. It proved cover and protection, it eased the pain of leaving. He lay silently next to the woman. His arms wrapped them around a soft cloud that served as the gateway to sleep. He clung to it as if it was his most prized possession. He once held her like that. There wasn’t any sign of blemish, hurt, or worry on his dream state face. A sharp line marking his jaw cut through the falling air, shredding any particle that fell upon it. The same bags that showcased themselves on the womans face were receding on his, with every moment of sleep. The revenues of life told the story of many hushed kisses. His hair fell like feathers on the white sheets; the shade blended in with the hour. It was a sculpted mess; even in sleep he mimicked an untouchable being. His name was Jongin.

The woman wished once more to see behind the lashes that encased his sleep. Right now she imagined soft scenes and tranquil touches that sleep provided. With his slumber brought the noises of muffled tunes. The very source that pleaded to escape her lips flowed freely through his. It lined the room with his soft sighs and inaudible sentences that were confined to thoughts. Thin sheets covered his position, trailing down the white bone of his legs and running back up to the line of his collar. The linens encased the very man that filled many thoughts and memories. Even in sleep, he consumed every nerve of her body.

 

Those warm linens were also shared by another. The woman tucked her feet around the white, wanting to feel the same decadence they supplied him. She ured for the warmth, but she was met with nothing but same cold that sweatered her whole body. She was sitting up with her diminutive arms wrapped around curved legs. Skin was exposed over barren shoulders, having no protection but the air filled hair which ran lines down her back. Light covered Jongin beside her in the form of cotton, and dark, cold shielded the woman beside him with a lowered neck. She knew she had to leave him. The memories had to end at some point.

 

With icy limbs, the woman exposed her bare feet to the same expression. They met with the wooden ground, sending up the cries of many nerves. Breath still was trapped in , not wanting to expose itself for fear of waking the Jongin and washing over troubled tears. She knew they couldn’t fall yet; it wasn’t her turn. He didn’t like to see her cry, even in moments of joy. Tears were sign of suffering. They either showed the relief of pain, or they uncovered the underlying woe. Through tears, you saw the real trouble one was experiencing, He didn’t want to see any of that in her life. He wanted her to live happily with him, without any traces of the rain that fell from swollen eyes.

 

She was leaving for that reason. The tears needed to fall, she needed to release the confined thoughts to their physical form. She didn’t want to burden Jongin any more than she had. He was a pure soul that was discovering the wonders of the world laid before him. He was truly an untouched sculpture; untainted and unalloyed. The woman that now sat at the edge of the bed hid many tears, many demons. She had to let them go by herself. Maybe it was going to a bit challenging alone, but at least she wasn’t bring someone else down with her. She needed to break herself down and put back the pieces on her own. With him by her side, she would only chip away at his innocences. Many pieces to put back together meant more time, more tears. She had to do it on her own; she had to let him go. It would only take a few steps, a few actions to release Jongin from her burden. She just needed to take them.

 

With fighting joints, the woman got up from the warm prison. She quietly tip toed across the clothe scattered floor to the dresser. She pulled from its depths and pair of jeans and a plain top. She had already prepared for this departure for a bag of other items sat buried among the various treasures in the closest by the door. Many nights were spent with the same thoughts on her mind; should she leave or stay? Tonight just happened to be the night the decision was made. She was leaving.

 

Bare feet turned towards the door, but the frozen muscles wouldn’t allow her to turn. Instead, they stayed in a position that looked in the direction of Jongin, sleeping soundly on the bed. She kept her head bent, trying to force back the tears that were threatening to fall. They begged the lids of her eyes to let them taste air, they pleased with unheard cries. Her whole body screamed out in the same manner, she wanted to stay. Her body called for the warm bed, for Jongin to put his protecting arms around her. She just wanted to close her eyes and wake up in the morning to see him looking back at her. She didn’t want the tears to fall; neither did the he.

 

Small hands formed tiny little fists, fighting back every nerve that ran through body. With a lowered head, hair fell to cover the ashamed, painfully look the shrouded the womans face told. Breath was still trapped between bitten lips and aching lungs. With all those forces pushing against each other, the flood gates gave way. A single tear managed to touch cold skin. It ran like the first drop of dew; slow, but prominent. Even in the darkness, amongst all the cover, she was sure it could be seen a mile away. The inside fear had finally shown itself.

 

“Issda…” Stay... Came a distant whisper. The voice was potent and clear, as if had been speaking for hours on end. The young woman lifted her swollen face to meet the dark night. Despite the cover, she knew where the voice came from; she could see white eyes pleading with hers. Pools of distress had already formed within in them, corrupting the perfect picture they once possessed. “Issda… issda…. don’t go.” The now withered voice repeated over and over again as it fought back the oncoming tears. His eyes locked with hers and within moments, they were inches apart. She had gotten her wish: his arms sealed themselves around her shaking body.

 

Unlike the cold stature that consumed every inch of the young womans body, he was warm. His skin floated like quiet words over hers, offering its warmth and welcome. The ice was melting fast with each pore that was touched by his. His arm laced around the small of her back and the other threaded itself amongst the black of her head, pulling it down onto the pit of his shoulder. He held her like a crying baby, trying to calm the senses with his touch. The woman gave way to his warmth and strung her arms around his torso, caving into his body. The tears flowed freely now, macerating the thin shirt that touched his skin. They held onto each other with the same pressure that spilled the tears over. Not an inch went ungreeted, the same breath flowed through both of them.

 

“Joyonghaejida…” Be still… He whispered through a weak voice. It was unstable, quivering along with her tears. “Ulji maseyo… ulji maseyo… naneun geu nunmul-eul... bogo sipji anh-a… geunyang yuji” Don’t cry… don’t cry… I don’t want to see those tears… just stay. His voice was full of regret and distraught. He pleaded with her tears with each word that was released through those full lips. Jongin pulled away to look into distended eyes. Bags had formed to the size of clouds under his white eyes. The smile that use to be painted on them was washed away with the oncoming storm the tears threatened. It looked as if his features had aged many years with each second that passed. Lines carved out the tanned skin, replacing the smooth with worry. His faced now matched hers. She had broken him down without even intending it. She wanted to run away before this could happen, but she couldn’t escape his gaze even with the protection of the night. Their eyes received what felt like a thousand words, their thoughts begged each other for reason; where had the love gone?

 

A new pang of guilt arose out of the tears. All along her mind told her to get away from Jongin and let him discover his life without the pain hers brought. It screamed at her every night she sat in bed with him, it wanted her to leave so badly that it pushed tears to the surface. But her heart had always told her otherwise. Its words were more muted though. They were soft and restful. They carried no pain of leave, but rather promise of anew that  Jongin offered. Her mind had shrouded out those gentle whispers. Only now were they heard.

 

Jongin leaned in and touched his forehead with hers. “Na eomneun goseseon uljimayo naega gidael su-issneun eokkae laseo… Nunmureul useumgwa bakkwotjyo, oleunjjog? Issda.” Don’t cry in places without me because I’m your shoulder to lean on.  I always turn your tears into smiles, right? Stay. He said, in a flowing voice. His words lingered in her ears for a long moment. She felt the tears fell down her face and his pooled. He was right, everything he said was true. Leaving was wrong, she didn’t want to see him cry.

 

As the two lovers looked into each others eyes, the fountains were turned off. Tears ceased to be shown in the womans eyes, instead they were replaced by the love that flowed from the Jongin’s touch. He took away her tears with his embrace, he gave up his warmth and blended in with her cold. Now, water slowly trickled down his relaxing face. She gave her tears to him, the ones he refused to let fall.

 

An uneven voice met his, “Ye… ye, ye, ye…” Yes. She said over and over again, fighting down the silent thoughts and uncovering the whispers. Jongin let out a sigh and a multitude of tears rolled down his cheeks. A beam parted the once closed lips, her tears turned into a smile.

 

Jongin leaned down and greeted that smile with one of his own. Their breath flowed freely into each other as they sealed their lips with a kiss.