ch.1

my other life !

"this can't be the only choice we have ! "
"IT IS !! I'm afraid it's all we've left to do "
"but that means …. "

 

a group of people suddenly barges in and a tall shadow shouts  "you better hand us that baby ! "
" over my dead body !  " , " Himchan !! take her and do as planned "
" yes sir ! "
" nooo !! "

a baby's cry was the last thing heard before it all get's blurry again . that loud knocking on the door woke sujin up , she sighs , it's that same dream again , the one that chased her since ever .

-------------


SUJIN is a 20 years old anti-social girl whose day was just  full of books , her parents died mysteriously a couple of years ago leaving her alone with a decent bank account that is enough to let her steady her feet in this world , since they died she's had to take care of yourself completely  because all people she have ever known just turned their backs on her  when she most needed . one by one they've all gone .. and with their going her heart learned to close slowly until she reached the status she's in today . never trusting or believing in others and living alone always  .

----------

she got up and went directly to the door opening it roughly , she was totally ready to scold whoever was knocking  , much to her surprise though she found no one , instead , there was a huge bouquet of flowers on the step of the  door , she tried to spot whoever left this but couldn't so she carried it inside examining it carefully , a card was hidden between the flowers with her name on it and a " happy birthday " looking at it a quite sigh left her lips , today isn't her birthday  , thinking about it , it might be just a prank , or it's from one the guys who confessed to her and she turned down coldly . examining the bouquet for the last time her eyes spotted the clock in front of her to realize that she's late for school !

for her  bad luck the first class's instructor was Mr Kim , an arrogant diva who she always despised , she hated how he stares at her as if he's casting a thousand hateful curse upon her , or as if he's going to prey her at any second . Whatever it was she just couldn't figure it out and that made her hate him even more . she knocked on the door then opened it to find that demonic stare of his directed towards her , biting her lips and bowing saying she's sorry for being late she prayed that he will let her in peacefully.

- " if I were to let any student who is late inside that simply it won't be called collage miss, I assume that I'll find a report on my desk about alarm clocks tomorrow , hopefully that will give you some knowledge about that great invention and how to use it "
he says to her with that husky voice of his.


she heard her classmates' quite laughs and spotted him smirking at her , but she kept a fixed face on and answered him with " yes sir " cursing under her breath , her classmates kept whispering, pointing and laughing as she walked towards her desk but she ignored it all . deep down though she promised herself to revenge from that bastered Kim for today's mockery ...

until lunch break nothing really happened , but during her break she felt someone staring at her so she looked around to find no one, "it's just my imagination" she thought but she couldn't help but to feel crept out , that feeling went with her during the rest of her day ..

after finishing her classes for today she went to the library to write that stupid report mr kim asked from her , heading towards her favorite spot after picking up a few books , she noticed that the library wasn't as full as it usually is at that time of the day , most tables around her were empty and she found a happy birthday  card on her desk , a card that looks the same as the one she found this morning . without a name on it she assumed that  someone just dropped it there by mistake , she crunched it without a second thought then threw it into the trash and dug into her books .


 as soon as she finished she shoved her stuff into her bag on a hurry , today was kind of tiring and the only thing she could think of was the sweet pillow .  heading straight to her car she found someone asleep over the car's hood . she Moved closer to him slowly and carefully , trying to see his face . but felt something crawling up to her arm and grabbing her ,  she screamed and tried to pull her arm to let it free , just then she heard a calm voice , " stop screaming " said he , she looked towards him and found a set of brown eyes looking directly towards hers , her heart skipped a beat at that moment , pulling herself to the situation she's in again she took a step backwards pulling her arm quickly , he let it free softly this time while smiling , and she took the chance to take a quick look at him ,  brown-hair , fair look , handsome , EXTREAMELY handsome face , wearing casually and smiling confidently at her , the situation was really awkward and the only thing she thought was right to do is to give him a cold look and ask him to get of her car .
" you know that cold look doesn't suit you , sujin ."

her eyes widened the moment she heard her name and her lips parted as she was about to utter something but  didn't know what to say as a thousand question raged in her head . who is he ? how does he know her name ? what does he want from her ?
  he smirked looking at her shocked face and said  " happy birthday " she felt unsecure and thought about running the moment she heard that , but instead she gave him a confused yet conscious look and finally asked him " how do you know my name ? i'm sure we've never met before ! "

a wider smirk plastered on his face as he answered " yes we didn't , but your companion demon told me " .