Surprise

More Than Soul Mates

     "Are we walking then?" Kris looks between you and Minwoo.

     "Yup, let's go," you take Jiyong's left hand in your right, and Kris' right in your left. You begin your walk to the park, Minwoo leading the way. The whole walk is silent, and finally you arrive at the wide green field.

     You lead the men over to s large blanket on which Soohee is sitting. "Yay! People!" she sees that you brought guests and stands up. You let go of Kris' hand but keep hold of Jiyong's. You pull him over to the blanket and make him sit next to you, which he would've done anyway.

     "Come on, Soohee brought snacks," everyone accepts your offer and sits down in a circle on the comfortable blanket. Everybody snacks on the stuff Soohee brought and enjoys each other's company.

     An hour goes by without anybody's notice, and you start to think of the surprise you have for Soohee, which is now also for Jiyong. You keep watch of the street closest to your guys' blanket, waiting for something.

     After a couple minutes goes by, a silver car finally stops on the side of the road. "I'll be right back," you stand and approach the car.You get to the car and the passenger window rolls down.

     "You'll take good care of her right?" Tao really does seem like her father the way he always worries so much.

     "Yes, I promise," you turn to the little girl in the back seat of the car. "Lauren, do you want some of the watermelon Soohee brought?" she enthusiastically nods her head and unbuckles herself. You open the back door and let her out.

     Lauren opens the passenger door, "I'll be fine Appa, don't worry," she gets into the seat next to Tao. She jumps up and kisses Tao on the cheek, "bye bye Appa." She gets out of the car and shuts the door as you pull her pink suitcase out of the back seat. You put the suitcase in your right hand and hold Lauren's hand with your free one.

     You lead her over to the others as she adorably skips along with a smile. When you reach the blanket full of people, everyone's attention turns directly to the little girl holding your hand.

     "Surprise~! She's hanging out with us today, and she'll be spending the night," you set down the suit case next to the food and lead Lauren to your original seat. You sit down and she climbs in your lap. Jiyong, who hasn't spoken nearly as much as anyone the entire picnic so far, is just staring at the little girl almost stunned. She looks back at him right in the eyes and smiles.

     "I'm Lauren. Who are you?" she turns in your lap and you take your attention off Minwoo and Kris who are acting out Titanic for Soohee's enjoyment.

     "I'm... Jiyong," you can hear the hesitation in his voice.

     "That's a really cool name, it even has dragon (yong) in it," Lauren smiles, she loves dragons. "Will you be my pet dragon?"

     "Sure. What does a pet dragon do?" he's smiling too now.

     She stands and begins to count the things off using her fingers, "You have to play games with me. You have to read to me. You have to carry me around everywhere. And you have to let me sit in your lap," he deffinitely is giving her a totally different first impression than Chanyeol did.

     "Sounds good to me," Jiyong agrees and Lauren sits in his lap, making you smile at their newfound friendship.

 

 

Author's Note:

From now on I'm NOT posting Chapters on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I am posting them every other day of the week :)