New Employee

More Than Soul Mates

     You get in the bathroom and take a quick shower. You look through your closet to find a decent outfit for this warm summer day which has finally come. You put on baby blue undergarments and a tight white V-neck. You tuck the shirt into a frilly peach collored skirt that barely goes below your knees.

     On your feet you have on golden wedge sandles. You have always liked golden shoes and started collecting them after you got a job. You stroll into the living room and over to Yongguk who just stares at you in amazement. You reach your hands up to his neck and unclip the necklace. You pull it of his neck and put it around your own.

     You clip it on without much difficulty and smile at it as it rests barely below your collar bone."Perfect," you decide you're gonna wear it every day from now on instead of keep it in your pocket.

     "Yay," Sehun claps. "Nuna, it suits you well," you smile at Sehun.

     "I'll... be going, home... then..." Yongguk trails off as he continues to stare at you in awe. Sehun steps in between the two of you and snaps his fingers in front of the older's face. "...anyway, bye." He waves and walks out the front door.

     When the door shuts, you turn your attention to the only other person in the room. "Sehunah, since you have nothing to do, do you want to come with me and see Luhan?" he starts bouncing up and down at your words.

     "Of course! But I'm cooking us breakfast first," he runs off to the kitchen before you can say no, tripping a couple times on his way there. You go to the bathroom and do your morning routine.

     You walk into the dining room and see that the table is all set for two people. There's Korean pancakes, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal, a Korean-American breakfast, your favorite.

     Sehun walks in the room and sits down, "Omma taught me how to make the food taste good instead of tasting like poison while we were on vacation. So you won't die from eating it, isn't that great?" he has a big smile on his face like he really killed his family with his cooking. You sit next to him, and begin eating. The two of you enjoy your breakfast and you help him clean up when you're both done.

     You walk to work listening to Sehun describe his vacation with his parents and three cousins. Listening to him calms you down from the worry about what the new employee will be like and wether she's really as nice as Luhan says she is. You wonder why you didn't try talking to Sehun after you told his parents what happened and he gave you the necklace. He's absolutely delightful, so why didn't you befriend him sooner?

*     *     ​*     *     ​*     *     ​*     *     ​*     *     ​*     *

     You reach the ice cream shop at 7:28 and Sehun holds the door open for you. As soon as Sehun walks in the door, he screams, "LuLu! I want ice cream cake!" Sehun runs into the back looking for the older boy. You follow behind in case he trips or something.

     "Why are you here Sehunie?" Luhan is more than confused. His jaw drops to the floor when he sees you, "...you.. you're..... early?" His eyes look like they're gonna fall out.

     "Yup, and Sehun made me breakfast," to this Luhan pouts in jealousy. "It was awesome, Luhan you should come over to try it some time," he really should.

     "The new employee'll be here any minute so let's go outside," Luhan grabs Sehun's hand and leads the way. As soon as you get outside, you see a man and woman sitting in front of the shop in a convertable.

     "Boss!" the woman practically jumps out of the car towards Luhan. "I'm here, only one minute late," she's the new employee. She's a beautiful Canadian woman, she looks Amercian, but Luhan told you differently yeterday. Her hair is a chocolate brown, matching her eyes, and her skin is a little darker than Luhan's. She's tall thanks to her long slender legs.

     The man in the car has caramel brown hair, and unlike her, he's Korean. He's handsome and cute at the same time, and kinda looks like a bunny. "Just call me Luhan, all my employees do," he gestures to you.

     "Hi, I'm Inyoung, it's nice to finally meet you," you sweetly smile as you speak.

     "I'm Sooji, my name is Korean because I was adopted, just so you know. That's my husband," she points to the jolly man in the car. "His name is Onew."