Better Safe Than Sorry

More Than Soul Mates

     "Happy 19th Birthday..." your mother speaks with no emotion attached to her words. "...Now get out."

     You walk out the front door and slowly start down the sidewalk towards your best friend Soohee's house. No wonder she took yesterday off work to help me get moved into Soohee's, you think to yourself. At first you though she was finally doing something nice for you, but it doesn't look that way now.

     You get slower as you go, now barely dragging each foot like a bag of rocks. It's been lightly rainging since before you left the house, you don't even notice how drenched you are.

     You reach a park and lie back on the grass. Sohee doesn't expect to see you home at her house until around 10pm. She knows you well, and she's convinced that you should celebrate your birthday with the freedom of zero supervision. Even if that means that she can't come with you, because she knows she'd be yelling at you to not do stupid things the whole time. Besides her, there aren't many people who even know that you're moving out today, or that it's your birthday. Everyone else just thinks you're busy with an upcoming test, or something of that nature.

     Siting up you examine your birthday attire;

  • Black, short-sleeved, T-shirt.
  • Really dark, navy blue, skinny jeans.
  • Black and white converse shoes.
  • And a purity ring. A promise to yourself that you won't be 'naughty', and that you'll be responsible.
  • On your right wrist you have three black ponytails. Which are more there for comfort than to actually be used.

[FLASHBACK]

-12 Years Ago-

     "Appa, what's this?" you ask, pointing to the scarlet red ribbon wrapped in a bow around your right wrist.

     "A way to tie things off," he heplies, patting your tiny shoulder. You look up at him, 100% confused. "As long as your right hand has a collar, it won't get jealous of your left hand's purity ring", he points from one hand to the other as he addresses them.

[END OF FLADHBACK]

     You sit there for a minute, wondering if he looks any different. You've been keeping up with him via email, and an occasional text here and there. But you haven't seen his face since he left.

     A frighteningly loud crack of thunder makes you jump out of your thoughts. You suddenly feel cold. Really cold. You stand up and wrap your arms around yourself, shivering. Wondering what time it is, you reach into your back pocket searching for your phone. Only to remember that you forgot it at Soohee's yesterday.

     Balls.

     Quickly you shuffle through the grass, towards the road. Looking around, you turn in the direction of your new home, again, and start moving. You're not moving very fast, which isn't surprising. Seeing how uncomfortably your cold, wet, clothes cling to your skin. You're definitely gonna get sick. You mentally scold yourself.

     You see a young man leaning agianst a building on the other side of the road, barely sheilded from the rain by the inward doorway of an open pawn shop. Even from across the street you can still make out some of his features. He has large lips, and looks kind scary, but in a hot way. The only way to describe his hair color, is burnt copper. You can see his well toned arms because he's wearing a black tank top. One odd thing you take note of, is his killer collar bone, athough you don't know why you'd describe it that way.

     He stares back at you, and you get this feeling to keep walking. Even though he starngely seems harmless, you'd rather be safe than sorry. You take one step, and don't feel too well. Obviously from being in the cold rain for so long. Your legs start to shake, barely holding you up. You can''t keep it up any longer, and fall to your knees.

     The sound of footsteps barely reaches your ears, as they get closer. A hand warms your shoulder a little as you squint your eyes tin an attempt to see properly. The young man you saw before waves his availible hand in front of your face, slowly.

     "Hello? Miss, can you hear me?" he looks sincerely concerned. Loud thunder claps warn the two of you that lightning is striking nearby. You both jump a little, moving you closer to eachother. The two of you are honestly a bit scared.

     A bright light shoots down and attacks the ground around 20 meters from where you two are. You both see the electicity crawl at you through the water on the ground faster than the speed of light, and everything goes black.

 

Author's Note:

Hi ^^ this is my first fanfic EVER. Please don't hate me if it , wether it be now, or in the future. Tell me what you think PLEASE

PS: I already have the 2nd and 3rd chapters written (I started writing this story 3/24/14, today is 3/25/14) I write it down in a notebook, then update, to ensure quality satisfaction. I am really attentive to grammer, so Expect zero spelling or punctuating errors. If you have any tips let me know ^^ (I'd really truely like to hear your thoughts)

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE FIRST CHAPTER

(EVEN IF I'VE ALREADY UPDATED, I'LL STILL READ ALL COMMENTS)