Chapter 1- Miss Tiffany Hwang

Because it's you!

I have been thinking a lot lately... About  life, dreams and about what people expect us to be.
5 years ago I would have never imagine being where I am now.
5 years ago...everything changed...because I met you...because it's you.
This story is my story, her story, our story
.

 


 
 
 5 years ago....
 
My flight just landed to Incheon airport. I was still tired from my long 13hours flight. I was waiting at the baggage claim still no realizing where I was. The reality slapped me once I put my feet out. The cold wind, the snow, for sure I wasn't in California anymore.
Still a bit lost I was searching for my driver. My secretary told me that the company will send someone to pick me up at the airport.
I finally spot a middle age man with a black suite and a board with my name on it.
-"Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang." I smiled to him
-"Miss Hwang, Nice to meet you. I'm David, your new assistant. Welcome to Korea." he answered me while grabbing my luggage.
I was studying his face. He was around 40 years old, honest eyes, dark short hair put on his right side. A big smiley on his face.
I surprised myself thinking that soon he will become my best ally, my confident and my friend. That was what his honest stare told me.
-"Nice to meet you too David. Please take care of me" I winked.
-" I will try my best Miss Hwang" he giggled while opening the car's door for me.
-" So where are we going? I asked
-" I wasn't sure about your preference so instead of renting a flat for you, I just prepared you one of our suite on the same floor than your office. Your belonging are already there".
-"Oh" was the only think I was able to answer.
I wasn't a big fan of living at my work place. Don't misunderstand me even if my workplace is one of the most luxurious hotel in Seoul, I wasn't found of staying there as I like separating personal and professional environment. Anyway for the timing being I will cop with that.


After almost 45min drive David point me a tall and luxurious building, The W Seoul Walkerhill.
Back to the States I was working for one of the most luxury group of hotel and I had just been appointed as the revenue manager to the W here in Seoul.
Being half Korean/American by my dad and half French by my mom, I grew up between US and Europe. I graduated from one of the most famous French hospitality school. After my mom death I end up back to US with my dad where I found a job at my current company.
When I had been told that I will have to go to Korea to take care of one of our new property, I was very surprised. To be honest we never really talk Korean at home. Daddy was born and raised in US. Of course I learned the basic with my grand parents but still I was a long way from being fluent.
As I always been curious about this far away land that my grandma was talking so much about when I was young I decided to accept the offer.
And here I am.
 
Once the car parked in front of the lobby I was welcomed by my new employees.
David showed me the way to my office/suite located on the 30th floor.
As soon as I opened the door I was subjugated by the view. A full panoramic view of Seoul.
-"Whaaa Awesome" was the only thing that I was able to articulate.
David couldn't hide a small giggle.
-" I'm glad that you like your room Miss Hwang"
-"David we are going to spend a lot of time together so just call me Tiffany please"
-" Araso" that was the first time that he answered me in Korean.
-" Can we keep it with English for now? I still need time to adjust myself to Korean" I pleaded
Before living me alone David gave me my new smartphone, my corporate ID which will give me access to the whole hotel and my schedule for the week.
 
Finally alone and after a good hot shower I popped up in my king bed size. So comfortable.
I grabbed my phone  and called my number 1.
-"Hi Daddy"
-"I sweetie. How was your trip? Do you enjoy Seoul?"
-"Trip was ok. Didn't had time to go around yet. Still a bit jetlag. I just wanted to call you before going to bed to let you know that everything was ok."
-"Go to sleep now Hon. I will call you tomorrow, ok?"
-"Love you daddy."
-"Love you too Hon."
Just a few minutes after hanging up I was already falling between Morpheus' arm.
 
I woke up the next morning by a waking up call from David. He reminded me my appointment in 2hours with the board directors.
 
I went to the bathroom for my morning routine, grab a pair of jeans, a white tshirt and a light pink sweat shirt before going down to take my breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.

 


 
Today, again, I still wonder.. would have I met you if I just decided to order room service instead of taking this elevator???
 
 
 
 
 
Ok guys. Here we go with the 1 chapter. Taeny will meet each other in the next chapter so be ready!!!
Hope that you enjoyed reading this ;)