Tearing open old Wounds

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't until a few days later that worried me. I knew it was going to be a bad day from the start. "Baekhyun, wake up. Please," Nicole whined. She was probably going to wake me up to go skating again, which I liked because I had actually gotten good at it.

"I'm so tired, Nicole.... Five more minutes," I begged. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of bed. I got dressed and a little later, I was already putting on skates on a log by the frozen water. She quickly forced them on and started swishing along the ice, waiting for me to join. When I did so, she grabbed my hand and skated slower, even though we both knew we were capable of more speed. Soon enough though, I felt her hand detach from mine. 

I watched Nicole swiftly skate in an eight pattern, dotted with her little spins and poses. I waited for her to come back and ask if I would come with her, but she was interrupted right before she was able to. Her skates collided and twisted in such a way that caused her to fall. I dashed to her side and kneeled in front of her. "Are you okay?" I asked. Nicole lifted her head up to look down at her feet, only to whimper and slump back down. I allowed my eyes to glance at her feet. Her left ankle was bleeding heavily, having a deep open wound the size of the skate blade.

Wait. She put her right leg out to the side like a ballet dancer before she fell and must've wobbled as it came back down, so her right blade penetrated the ankle. "Nicole?" I asked, but she broke out into tears. "Can you get up for second? We need to move you," I stated, but she shook her head.

"I can't move it..." She sobbed.

"I know. I need you to get off the ground, so I can help," I responded calmly. Nicole brought up her upper body and her knees, so I picked her up and brought her to the snow, where I put on my shoes and grabbed hers, taking her and the skates with me. When I got there, Yuri was making breakfast. But Nicole spoke before I got inside.

"Don't show Yuri, please," she pleaded while I stood at the door. My eyes widened at her request.

"Why not?!"

"She'll get mad at me," she responded.

"She's your cousin. She won't get mad at you if you're hurt," I said, going inside.

"What happened to her?" Yuri asked in concern, gasping when she noticed her dongsaeng's ankle. "Oh my god! What did you do?!"

"I told you," Nicole whimpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter