Chap 16

The Single Daddies Club

            “Ok. What was that.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “That.

            “Hmm?”

            I stared at Miyeon with as serious a look as I could muster but all she did was smirk back and sip on her latte.

            “Ohhh,” She sighed. “You mean agreeing to go camping?”

            “Yea, that might be it.” I said sarcastically.

            “I thought it would be fun!”

            “Do explain.”

            “I don’t know,” She sighed again with a smile. “They all just seem like such nice guys. And you really seem to enjoy hanging out with them. I guess I’m just a bit jealous. I wish I had guy friends like you have them.”

            Did I hear that right? She’s… jealous? I couldn’t believe my ears.

            “So you just want to get to know them better?” I asked.

            “Yea! Most of the guys I know are such pigs. With no sense of maturity or responsibility.” Miyeon explained.

            “I wouldn’t call them mature exactly…” I pointed out.

            “That I definitely know.” She laughed. “But they are more sensible than first meets the eye.”

            “And how do you know that?”

            “Just… just by the way they act with their kids.” She replied with a small smile. “They really care about them, you can see it in their eyes they would do anything for their babies. It’s so refreshing to see guys with that much compassion.”

            I looked at Miyeon in utter disbelief for a moment as I tried to process her words. Maybe I was just too used to being around them to see how special their relationships really were. I guess I could understand to someone on the other side how the boys could appear. They all were in their positions by no planned means, but they were all determined to live their lives to the fullest and make the best out of every situation. Life was harder on them than most other twenty-some year olds, but they never let their hardships discourage them.

            “They are pretty special.” I said after a while. “I guess I never really thought about them like that.”

            “Even if life is hard, they don’t let it get in their way.” Miyeon stated. “That’s what makes them so attractive, in my eyes atleast.”

            “Huh.” I muttered.

            “Oh come on.” Miyeon laughed.

            “What?”

            “Do you seriously not find any of them even the slightest bit attractive?”

            “I wouldn’t go as far as to say that…”

            “So you do!”

            “And I wouldn’t say that either.”

            “Sure.” She raised an eyebrow.

            “I mean, they are good looking sure. And they are all really nice, but…”

            “But…?”

            “I just can’t bring myself to see them that way.”

            “Hmp.” Miyeon huffed. “Well, I sure can.” She giggled.

            “Please.” I begged. “Please don’t tell me you mean Luhan.”

            Miyeon threw her head back and cackled.

            “Goodness no!” She guffawed.

            “Good!” I breathed a sigh of relief. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, he’s a nice guy and all, but he’s not someone I see as proper boyfriend material. Atleast not right now.”

            “But maybe later?!” Miyeon asked, trying to trip me up into admitting something.

            “Maybe…” I teased. “If he matures a bit more. But not for me. For someone else.”

            “Fine, fine.” She replied, not totally buying it.

            “But back to you.” I said, switching the conversation. “Who is it that has your attention?”

            “Yixing.” She replied bluntly, surprising me. I didn’t think she would tell so easily.

            “Really!?” I said, a bit shocked. To be honest, I was almost 100% confident she would say Jongin.

            “Mhmm.” She said with a dreamy look in her eyes. “Besides the fact that he’s totally hot,” I rolled my eyes but she just laughed and continued, “he’s such a sweetie. He always wants to talk about certain dances and ask me about my classes at school. Plus he and Bing are so, so cute together.”

            “Well, if it had to be someone,” I replied, “I’m glad it’s him.” I gave her a reassuring smile.

            “Do you think he likes he back?” She asked, suddenly worried. “He’s not… seeing anyone? Is he?”

            “Not that I know of.” I replied.

            “What about…” Miyeon trailed off.

            “What about what?”

            “What about… like… Bing’s mother.” She said quietly.

            That I was not as sure about. From what Kyungsoo had told me, Yixing was dating a Chinese girl a few years ago that he followed to Korea. When they moved here, that’s when she got pregnant and they had Bing. It seemed like a happy ending for the happy couple, but it all ended when the girl was called back to China by her family. I’m guessing they weren’t so happy about the whole illegitimate-child-in-a-foreign-country thing. But, according to Kyungsoo, Yixing still had strong feelings for her and was waiting for her to come back. Even if she hadn’t spoken a word to him since she left.

            “I don’t know who she is.” I replied honestly. “But I do know they haven’t spoken in over a year.” That seemed to be enough information to bring a smile back to her face.

            “So you think I have a shot?”

            “There is no harm in trying.” I said with a smile.

            “Great!” She squealed. “I can’t wait for this weekend! I think I’m going to tell him how I feel.” She paused. “It’s going to be so much fun!”

            “Yea, it will be.” I agreed.

            “So.” Miyeon said firmly.

            “So?”

            “I only know Junmyeon, Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol, Jongin and Yixing, but there seemed to be like thirty guys at that meeting.”

            “Twelve, actually.” I laughed. “Not quite thirty.”

            “Anyway, that leaves six that I know absolutely nothing about!!” Miyeon said dramatically. “Tell me about them!”

            “Like what?”

            “Like anything I should know!  Maybe their names to start? I want to make a good impression.”

            I laughed, but complied. “Ok, so Junmyeon and Kris as like, the leaders of their group because their kids are the oldest.”

            “I got that impression of the two of them.”

            “Yea, well out of the twelve though, neither of them are actually the oldest.”

            “Really? Who is then?”

            “One of the other guys, Minseok. He’s the oldest, even if he doesn’t look it. And he doesn’t have a child. His kid is actually his nephew, but when his sister passed, he became his guardian.”

            “Oh, that’s so sad.” Miyeon frowned.

            “It is, but they are happy they have each other. His nephew’s name is Jin. Jin is a… character. Really cute kid, you’ll love him.”

            “Ok!” Miyeon said. “Who’s next?”

            “Oh! Remember the boys who opened the door when you walked in?”

            “Yes! They looked so similar, they were even wearing the same clothes.”

            “Yea, they are twins. Daehyun and Daehyuk. Their dad’s name is Jongdae.”

            “Is there anything I should know about them?”

            Oh where to begin. I sighed.

            “They are definitely the troublemakers of the group. Something goes wrong? You will definitely find them at the scene of the crime.”

            “Aw, that’s so adorable!”

            “Laugh while you can, their antics are only funny when you aren’t experiencing them first hand, trust me. Especially Daehyuk, when he’s around, make sure you have a tight grip on your pants.”

            “What??!”

            “He has a strange… habit. Jongdae swears he’s working on it, but right now just be on guard.”

            “Noted…”

            “Oh!” I remembered. “Another thing to be wary of is Baekha.”

            “Who is Baekha?”

            “Baekhyun’s daughter. She’s not a trouser-philiac or anything, but she has lungs of steel.”

            Miyeon just stared at me with confusion.

            “If she’s crying, make sure you are a good twenty yards away, or with a good set of earplugs.”

            “Ohhh, got it.” Miyeon nodded. “Tell me about your brother!”

            “Well, his name is Kyungsoo and his son is Kyungbin. He’s a really great guy, I couldn’t ask for a better brother, truly. He’s kind of shy with people at first, but once you get to know him he’s really very funny and caring.”

            “You guys seem to have such a good relationship.”

            “We do. We’re all each other has…” I trailed off.

            “Oh,” Miyeon said softly. “Your parents…?”

            “Aren’t really around anymore.” I replied, not wanting to get into it. My mother had passed away when I was a baby, so I don’t remember her at all. As for out father, he had remarried when we were older but once he had kids with his new wife, he kind of started to act Kyungsoo and I didn’t exist.

            “I’m sorry.” Miyeon apologized.

            “Don’t be.” I said, not wanting to have such a gloomy atmosphere. “Where was I? Oh right, the last two boys.”

            “Who are they?”

            “Tao and Sehun. Along with Jongin, they are all the youngest. Tao has a daughter, Nabi who is just about the cutest thing in the world. He loves to dress her up and it’s adorable.”

            “Aww!” Miyeon squealed. “And Sehun?”

            “Sehun… where to begin.” I pondered. “He’s the youngest and definitely the least experienced, but he’s got a huge heart. He’s really trying for his daugher, Sehee. He may not know what he’s doing and he messes up a lot, but absolutely everything he does, he does it for her.”

            “Oh, sounds like you like him.” Miyeon chuckled.

            “Did you forget what I said earlier?? Or are you just messing with me!?” I asked, frustrated with her teasing.

            “Hmm, probably the second one.” Miyeon laughed again, clearly enjoying my discomfort.

            “You know I can still tell the boys you changed your mind about going camping.” I threatened.

            “No!” She shouted. “Alright, alright I’ll stop! I’ve had my fun.”

            “Good.” I said, finishing my coffee. “Oh, and one more thing you should know, I kind of haven’t told the guys what your first name is.”

            Miyeon laughed. “What? Why!”

            “Because Luhan was bothering me about it, and I figured it would be more fun if he didn’t know.” I chuckled. “And I’m right.”

            “Okay, so should I tell them?”

            “It’s up to you, only Kyungsoo knows because I slipped up and told him by accident. I kinda told them your name was Juju.”

            “Ju Juju??” Miyeon sputtered. “And did they believe you??!”

            “For the most part, no, although I’m not 100% sure about Chanyeol…”

            “That’s too great.” Miyeon smiled. “I’ll come up with a good way to tell them, promise.”

            “Awesome, I can’t wait.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey ya'll! Sorry this update is kinda short, I've been having a bit of writer's block lately and have been super busy with school ending >.< Ahh!! 9 days until I graduate I still can't believe it... Anyway I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU! For everyone who has subscribed, I just surpassed 100 subbies and I'm totally thrilled!!! Really, I can't believe it I'm so glad you guys like the story and I hope it's funny/entertaining bc half the time I feel like I'm just writing whatever random crap just pops into my head and I ramble and stuff and... yea. Lol thanks again! And oh yea! Please comment! :)