11 minutes after 11~~~

11 minutes after 11~~~ Min Yoongi (Suga) x OC Kim Lina

"Annyongggg LINA" Yoongi the newest intern at SoKO bakery yelled from across the street

"Oh my dear Lord, Jesus help me!, Ae Mi don’t look and keep walking" grabbing your best friend’s hand and hurriedly moving her along the streets of downtown Seoul.

Ae Mi gasped and giggled as she linked arms with you, you pulled your coat closer and you skirt further down your knees “oh my gosh, Lina it’s that cutie from the library, what is he doing at the bakery?”

"he works there" you replied bitterly, trying your best not to dart your gaze back at a certain chuckle and aishh, that girl directed at you.

"Urmm, Lina how many jobs does he have exactly" as she started counting off her fingers "he works at the library, Lotte Mart, the garden center and now here at the bakery, does the kid really not have any friends"

"Well...he kind of needs all those jobs" you replied, being careful with your words was key.

"why?" Ae Mi asked confused

Looking down at your feet, you noticed the scratch on your Steve Madden boots, that wasn't there this morning as the two of you continued strolling, you never understood why it always filled you with guilt whenever you or anyone spoke about Min Yoongi “he has to look after his little sister” i lied.

"He doesn’t have…parents?" she asked cautiously  

You sighed “No parents, well kind of yes..but”  as you realised that your tongue had spoken a bit too much out of place, kicking a weathered stone, you contemplated your options. Maybe 3 years was too long, and you pretty much had christened yourself the worst best friend anyway. So what was there to loose. I had made my decision.

Whilst taking a hold of her both of Ae Mi's shoulder, she stopped, startled a chunk of sesame bread still half way in , her glasses slid down the bridge of nose at the sudden motion.“Ok, Ae Mi what i’m about to tell you now, is strictly between you and me, i will hunt you down, if you tell anyone else, OK?” 

She gulped, as she swallowed the remainder of her snack and nodded her head in agreement, taking a deep breathe, here you go, you thought

"Min Yoongi was born in Daegu, his Mother died after giving birth to him, his father was some sort of big man, part of government, worked for the President, when Yoongi was about 13 years old his father was caught for corruption and drug smuggling, 2 weeks after his father, was found in his car at the end of a Daegu highway, dead with a pistol in his mouth. For the next two years, he relied on his older brother Minkook,who was a gambling addict, he gabbled a lot of the family’s money leaving 14 year old Yoongi with practically nothing, after his brother was taken down for illegal black market gambling and repetitive at the local brothel, Yoongi fled from his home and started living on the streets, he wasn’t anything like the men in his family, he knew he wasn’t put on this earth to commit the same crimes as his father and brother. So he made the local street market his home, because he start doing everything from shoe polishing to selling corn to washing cars, until one of Ajhussis gave him in to the local authorities after Yoongi caught pneumonia from spending the night under a tree as a thunderstorm took over the city. The authorities handed him over to the local Catholic orphanage, where he was then bought up by the brothers for the next two years"

"So that’s why he’s so efficient at Sunday School"

"Yep exactly" as you recalled him totally slaughtering Jung Heeyoung for his argument on adultery.

"so he graduated high school and moved to Seoul??" Ae Mi guessed

"Not….. quite" you really didn’t know how to approach the subject….lightly 

"Ae Mi remember the summer when my Dad was suppose to take us to Japan for the week "

"Yeah" she sighed from the memory of disappointment "When he had to go to New York for a business trip instead and you all went with him, so we couldn’t spend one day of summer together and i had to help out help out at my Grandma's restaurant everyday, i don't think i would have forgotten Lina" she shrugged, as she started retying the bow in her hair  

“We didn’t go to New York”

"What?" asked Ae Mi confusedly, untied bow, mid air still in hand. 

"My family and I went to Daegu, Reverend Jinwoon had called our family because he wanted us to do him……. a favour

"urhhh….ok….go on" being careful with her words, she thought she knew where this was going, but the way you had been acting for quite some time now, anything could surprise her.

"He wanted my family to look after a certain 16 year old boy, that had been living in his orphanage for the last…..two years

Ae Mi’s jaw dropped, looking back at the bakery that was long gone “Yoongi” she whispered

You nodded “Yoongi, that weirdo from Church, the guy who gave us a 25% discount on the chrysanthemums, the sales assistant who helped us take the ttbokkiei chips down from the top shelf……is my adopted brother”

Jung Ae Mi was in a state of shock, she had known you ever since middle school and the two of you never had secrets, you had even told her when you had a huge crush on her older brother Hoseok, so how on earth did you hide an adopted brother for THREE YEARS!

"I just don’t get it" Ae Mi sighed, all the colour drained from her face "why did you keep it from me?, why didn’t you tell me, he’s only an adopted brother, don’t tell me your ashamed or embarrassed by him….Lina seriously" she crossed her arms "that’s disgusting, that’s nothing to be ashamed of"

As Ae Mi looked upon your sheepish expression, you realised how bad this looked, especially ironically as you were made the chair of the philanthropy body at school, but you could never say, you could never tell her or anyone, how last year your adopted brother would come into your room in the middle of the night, asking if he could sleep in your bed, he had never done anything to hurt you, instead it was him that was hurting. His nightmares had got worst, the day he found out his brother had been realeased from prison, and he told you that you held a certain calming aura around you, which he wished he always had. It wasn’t like the cases you hear about in the news, he never touched you inappropriately, but instead it was…you, one kiss a rainy night changed everything, you didn’t want a brother anymore, you wanted Min Yoongi, who after that kiss, held you close and made you realise that this could never be, but then wrapped an arm around you whilst pecking your forehead, he told you stories about if all the things that you could do if the two of you were together,painting all these beautiful daydreams.

But alas you were his younger sister, the rock bottom, the disappointment, from then all the loving gestures from your side had completely diminished, only stone cold gazes were met. There wasn't anymore warmth between you and him, even though he continued with his ridiculous cheery facade, like nothing had happened that night, and you were once again the 15 year old he met 3 years ago.

But right now, coming back to reality, Ae Mi had just helped you out, looking back at her, bow in hand, she let her hair fall loose, because she had a bigger situation here, she shook her head. You spoke intertwining your fingers together.

"Yes your right….i was embarrassed of him" embarrassed with myself  "i’m stupid,i’m sorry"  

"pabo-yah!" she said as she linked arms with me "never hide things like that from me ever again" as the of you entered one of the many cosy coffee shops in Seoul.

"by the way, when do i get the official meeting the hot adopted older brother notice"

you smiled at her, as you rested your head upon her shoulder

"soon, very soon" 

and tried your best not to burst out into tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two blocks away, after being gone a long time now, a recently new intern dried his hands on his apron, putting the last few cookies on the counter and covering them with a glass lid, at that moment between icing sugar and chocolate chips a little smile broke out as 11 minutes past 11,showed on the second hand clock in the patisserie and a certain boy originally from Daegu wished the same wish he had been making everyday for the last year and knew he would be making the same wish till it was his time to depart.

He wished that he hadn't met a certain younger sister, three years ago and if they were to be reborn again, that God would let them meet in circumstances, where they could only be strangers towards each other, and everyday it was a different scenario, a burger shack in North Carolina, an overnight train to Paris, an Opera house in Sydney, a ballet show in Moscow and even a ttbeokki stand in Hongdae, the few moments of bliss would make his day. Like always 11 minutes after 11, for as long as he can remember there was that millisecond of hope where he thought….it was possible.

"by the way the name's Min Yoongi" the young delivery boy for Roger's burger shack, turned around, extending a hand from the various large boxes he was holding.

"Oh nice to meet you" she copied the gesture and replied sweetly.

"I'm Kim Lina"

_________________________________

*hides* i don't know what to make of this story, this was a drabble i posted on my main blog last year, i tweaked and extended it, to increase the proximity of feels.......yeah because that's really necessary for this boy :)

Tell me what you think of it, thank you for reading!

~~~~Rizz