We finally meet

1-4-3-7

I

See

You

 

 

 

Yixing was playing with his guitar when a leaf landed on his notebook. He smiled. It was autumn already, his favorite. And just in a snap, he had new idea to make a new song. At first, it was a random strumming until he found the tune he wanted. He strummed again. Yes, that was the one. The melody that will accompany the falling leaves. Now, he needed the suitable tempo for it and ballad was more suitable also it was his style. The garden was filled with melodious strumming. The falling leaves were also part of the whole show. Some students were willing to stop to watch and neglected their destination to the library. Impromptu lyrics came as Yixing was enjoying his new found melody and he closed his eyes while singing.

When he finished his song, loud clapping and cheering greeted him. He was startled because whenever he was composing, he was already in a different world. He gave a shy smile and kept on bowing until he finally left the garden. He adjusted his guitar strap and put the notebook in his backpack. The wind began to blow softly but it was cold so, Yixing shuddered especially when his sweater was opened widely around his neck area. He pulled the collar up and buttoned his sweater. Earphones plugged and hands in the pockets, Yixing leisurely walked along the library. He wanted to enjoy his second autumn in this country and walking slowly towards his next class was a must. He glanced in the library that was pretty much empty and his sight caught on a boy probably a freshman judging from his looks. The boy was sitting alone at the table and surrounded by mountains of books. He looked delicate. His hair was colored softly with light brown and tint of red. He was autumn in the form of a delicate boy and that thought made something inside Yixing fluttered.

The library was almost empty so, some student began to lose control of their voices and talked loudly. That delicate boy shouted and began nagging those students. His loud voice somehow reached Yixing’s ears and he froze on the spot. That image of autumn just disappeared along with his echoing voice. Noted, he will not make noises in the library that he rarely visited but, still he will follow the rules. He unconsciously nodding his head and suddenly, he thought of something. He let out a soft ‘OH!’ and looked at his phone to check the time. There, a painful realization. He was late for his class. And his notification was full with miss calls and messages. All from his friends and some understanding lecturers. He fastened his probably loose shoelaces and ran in full speed like always…

He was late for class but, all of his friends defended him from the lecturer’s wrath. He was lucky to have them all.

In the dance studio, Yixing’s mind was at ease and all the dance steps he remembered really well because of his continuous practice. He obeyed the instructor’s order to take a rest after several attempts though. He just sat on the floor while all his friends occupied the couch. He read the messages that he received not awhile ago while drinking water. Most of them were just ‘Where are you?’ or ‘You’re late!!!’ Suddenly, one message stood out. From the campus. Saying that he will have a roommate starting from tomorrow. He swallowed his water hard and began to cough. His worried friends checked upon him and some just started to laugh. It was a funny sight especially it was involving Yixing.

Yixing thought, ‘That was fast…’

 

 

Reddened leaves fall

My name you call

 

 

 

Yixing never had a roommate for almost two years and he never knew why. He planned to ask the dormitory department but, ‘somehow’ he forgot. Until a couple of days ago, Yixing went to the student affair department to request a leave for him and his crew for a dance battle. It was rare for him to do an errand well, not because he was unreliable but, he was forgetful. He sat on the waiting seat as they were quite busy for the moment when he heard an almost loud commotion. The dormitory department staffs were sighing loudly as they were having a meeting.

‘This kid again…’ Yixing heard and he leaned at his side to peek inside through the crack of the door. He was worried because everyone in that department was stressed and he knew stress wasn’t good for health. He listened attentively but, still missed ‘a few’ details like what was the student’s name, his problems, why he was their root of problem and so on. But, what he knew was, they need a room and Yixing’s was vacant. He stood up with a smile because their problem will be solved and everyone will be happy plus healthier.

Yixing slowly knocked on the door and everyone unconsciously brightened up because, hello, the angel had arrived. He lightly bowed and said his suggestion.

“If you want a room, mine is available”, he heard a few cough because anyone could misinterpret his words and let’s be honest, it wasn’t going to be a nice thing. A short moment of silence before Yixing was surrounded by them and they rejected his suggestion. He was confused with the sudden strong disagreement. Though never said it out loud, he was their angel. That kid was everyone’s nightmare and that was known by everyone except the innocent angel. Yixing was known as the angel probably ever since he arrived in the university. He had a magical effect on anyone that came close to him. When you talk with him even for the first time, you’ll like him, he was that type of person. He will talk to a random stranger on the street and they might chat for a long time. His friends understood him so well that even if they saw him playing basketball with some random group of people, they will never be surprised.

“But, I never had a roommate for almost two years. I’m becoming lonelier…”  Yixing said with that sad puppy eyes. Everybody clenched their chest to prevent their heart from literally falling to meet the hard marble floor. His eyes were beginning to water though, he wasn’t. Everyone mentally torched themselves up when they reluctantly agreed. They told him that they’ll message him when the date was confirmed. He left the department excitedly that he almost forgot to finish his errand. Actually he had forgotten it but, the lady from the student affair managed to catch him before he started to run in full speed.

From here, you might guess why Yixing never had roommate. It was their ‘protection’.

 

 

A chord strummed

A song hummed

 

 

 

Yixing’s thighs began to go numb. He was late for his dance practice but, he couldn’t leave him alone. It was a shocking scene; his roommate was giving some greeting that were stuttering which caused Yixing to find it hard to process when suddenly he just collapsed. Yixing thought he was having a heart attack and when he landed on his thighs, Yixing panicked and froze on the bed. He wanted to call the ambulance but, his phone was nowhere to be found. Worst, when he noticed that boy had a peaceful (?) face plastered, he thought that boy was going to the other side.

Thankfully, that boy didn’t go blue or anything stranger so, Yixing slowly calmed down. He chose to wait for him to wake up and properly greet each other. His mp3 and phone were unconsciously left in the studio. He didn’t know what to do in the mean time. So, he let his eyes wandered on the sleeping boy.  

Something fluttered in him as he observed the delicate feature of his new roommate. It was familiar but, he couldn’t remember. That light brown hair tinted with red reminded him of autumn and when the morning ray illuminated it, it was beautiful. His face was a mix of elegance and fragility but, he radiated a charismatic and manly aura. With such features, Yixing knew this person was special and it wasn’t only because of sole beauty but, something more. He needed to find it so, he wanted to know everything about this person. It was normal for Yixing to curious to anything new though sometimes he was oblivious to it. But, this one wasn’t curiosity, it was different. This fluttering feeling inside was new to him. What is this?

 

 

I

Meet

You

            In their room that is too far from the campus. It is near the garden and every day, without fail, leaves or flowers will land in their room. Luhan will whine about how the room is dirty but stops when he sees Yixing picks up them with a smile and saying they are beautiful.

 

I

Know

You

            Luhan and Yixing. A language major student and a double major student of music and dance. They both have completely different images in front of everybody. The roommate from hell and the angel from heaven. Both of them accept each other the way they are.

 

I

Want

You

            They both see something in each other that they cannot comprehend. It is an instant attraction but not reckless. They will not regret their decision. It is mutual.

 

I

Like

You

            They accept each other. They know each other too well that there is nothing wrong with either of them. It is okay to have that personality. It is okay to have fears. It is okay to be yourself. I’m here for you.

 

I

Love

You

            Luhan is the first one to notice it is beyond like. Yixing knows but, it takes longer time for him to understand that feeling.

 

            That night, Luhan didn’t pick up Yixing from the studio. No calls or messages left. Yixing arrived to their room and found it was empty, no Luhan. He sat on the bed feeling worried and made continuous phone calls to Luhan. No answer. He fell asleep in the midst of waiting.

            Yixing woke up with a plastic bag blocked his sight. The smell of take outs caused his stomach to start strumming its imaginary chords. Luhan. He was holding the plastic bag from Yixing’s favorite Chinese restaurant. They both settled at the mini table in the middle of their room to have their supper. They began eating but stopped when the worried Yixing cried. He was happy that Luhan was alright. Luhan hugged him tightly and let out an embarrassed laugh.

            Luhan plan was a romantic surprise dinner but it didn’t work out well. He was stuck in a long human traffic line. Yixing’s favorite restaurant was really famous so, Luhan had to wait for a long time to order and relatively longer for it to be prepared. Luhan was prepared to be laughed at but, Yixing was blushing after he heard ‘romantic’. Luhan cupped his mouth when he finally noticed of what he had told Yixing.

            Luhan completely erased all his other ‘romantic’ plans and said flat out, ‘I Love You’. He was crimson red and Yixing turned ‘.jpg’.

            That was how Luhan and Yixing became LayHan. Though, it might don’t turn out to be a romantic love story but, for their cases, it was… normal (?).    

 

I

Love

You

Forever

My Angel

 

 

 

“Xingxing!”

Luhan waves his hand excitedly as he runs toward Yixing. It is already midnight but, it seems like early in the morning right now for Luhan. It is cold and Yixing hugs himself. Luhan notices and pulls Yixing towards him with great force. Yixing lets out a surprised gasp as he is embraced by Luhan’s two strong arms. He smiles shyly as he feels the hug is getting tighter and replies the hug with almost equal the force but, he can’t match Luhan’s strength or stamina. They both stay in the arms of each other and feel the sudden heat increase. They part only to look at each other. They know what they want right now and no words are needed.

They walk towards their dorm with their fingers intertwines each other and unfading smiles.