Chapter 7

My Crush is the Nerd.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Haeri's POV

 

 

It's been a week since the talk with Baekhyun in the nursery room and the whole week that passed, I followed his words. He told me not to waste my time, I did it, he told me that he hated peoples in his past, I also did it by ignoring him like what he always done to me. Thank goodness that I've managed to maintain it that way until now despite I was hurt inside.

 

It would be a lie if I said I didn't hurt at all, it did hurt me, a lot. I get hurt by physically, mentally and foremost emotionally, I just didn't show it that way. Yes, maybe at first I looked like a walking body without a soul that I made my family worried about me.. I felt guilty for behaving like that but what can I do? But as the time passing slowly, I soon found out that it was useless to dwell in the past plus seeing Baekhyun didn't even bother about it anymore. Since than, he acted more cold towards everyone, but he seems to hate me the most in this world. Once, I tried to follow his action, everytime Taehyung and his friends bullied him or whatever, I just let them do it. I didn't defend him and I didn't even care about it and of course all I did was just an act.

 

As usual, Daehyun gave me a ride to school, today would be officially been two weeks that I assumed myself had 'move on' but my feelings towards him didn't. I'll just have to endure it and make myself believe that this feeling will fade away slow—no, the faster the better.

"Haeri, don't forget to eat your lunch okay? I don't want to hear anything from Jihyo about you not eating anything during lunch, AGAIN. For pete's sake, you lost weight a lot. I want to see my sister's chubby cheeks again," Daehyun said through the car's window with a playful and worried face. I gave him a smile, poor my brother, he must be worry about me "Don't worry oppa, I'll promise that you'll never hear such things again," I confidently said while pretending making a vow with my hand.

He shook his head and chortled, satisfied with my childish action. "Keep the promise sis, or else I won't help you with your practise with mom." he laughed slyly and bid me goodbye before drove off to his college.

 

"Good... good morning Haeri sunbae*,"

a boy greeted me nervously just when I'm about to enter the school building, I guess he must be a hubae* since he called me that way. I know that I was quite popular but I didn't know that my popularity would reach till the hubae students because this would be the third time that a hubae came to me.

"Good morning too... Jungkook,"

I greeted back as I took a glance on his nametag, 'Jeon Jungkook'. Well, I don't want to look conceit, though. Besides, they are my hubae and they looked cute. The boy blushes after hearing his name being mentioned, he covered half of his face and let out a cute giggles. This boy named Jungkook is handsome not to mention that he is cute too, I wonder if he even younger than me. He looked tall, though.

 

"I'm your hubae by the way, I believe that we're just one year apart. Jeon Jungkook,"

He introduced himself although I already said his name, receiving his handshake, I introduced myself as well.

"Jung Haeri, nice to meet you Jungkook." I gave him a friendly smile, "I thought that we're at the same age, you know." I joked.

Jungkook giggled after hearing it still feeling ashamed that I was being friendly to him. "You know, I have this one friend that always talked about you. He always said that you're so beautiful and seeing you now, I don't doubt his words anymore. You are so beautiful, nuna." he finished his words by flashing his eyesmiles.

I blushed upon hearing the 'nuna' words, it was my first being call like that. "Err. Thank you?" I seriously don't know what to say.

Then a sound of footsteps was heard, running towards us. Before we could turn to look, a hand wrapped around Jungkook's neck, as if trying to choke him.

"You bastard! I told you not to meet her! What happens with your promise??"

"Hyung! I was curious that's way I'm here!"

"Even so you promised that—"

 

Watching the two of them being so close..? I interrupted them, "Taehyung, you know him?" Both of them stopped with what their were doing just now and focused on me, while me stared them back with a questioned face.

"Taehyung hyung's my cousin, nuna. And... he's the friend that I told you earlier" Jungkook said w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter