Lucky Toss - Sequel

Lucky Toss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J E O N J U N G K O O K

Flashback seven years ago...

               "Promise me you'll come back, Nami." I told her. No, I can't let her go to Canada. She stared at me and gave me a smile.

               "I'll come back, Kookie. But, since I'll stay there to study, I may not be able to contact you..." she said

               "What? No! Nami, this is too much. You'll go to a far away place and stay there for a long time then I won't be able to talk to you?" I told her. "You're my best friend. And...I have a crush on you."

               She looked at me. "You're also my best friend.. And I have a crush on you, too." she said. she said. All the anger I felt became joy. I smiled.

               "Okay, just promise me this: once you come back here, I'll ask you to be my girlfriend and I'll give you a kiss. Araseo?"

               She nodded while smiling. "Just wait for me, Kookie. It's just five years. When I come back, I'll buy lots of banana milk for you!"

               "Just five years. I'll wait for you Nami!"

 

***

               Bumping at this girl, it feel like a deja vu. That was when I first met Nami...

               I was waiting for the school bus to arrive at the bus stop. I have been waiting for almost fifteen minutes when I saw the school bus turn at the corner. I hurriedly went over to it, but I bumped into someone. A girl, wearing the same school uniform the girls at my school wore. She must be from my school, but she didn't seem familiar though. I bent down to her books and banana milk and picked it up for her.

               I bent down to the ground and was about to pick up the girl's things when I saw the book. It was an old, familiar book. Wait, these two books are the books Nami used to read when we were little. And...A banana milk? And then I remembered that I have to give this girl her things.

               She bent down beside me. "Sorry. I didn't see you there."

               The girl bent down beside me hurriedly and about to get her things, but I already picked it up for her. I looked at her, and she grabbed her things from my hands and said thank you. "Sorry. I didn't see you there." It really is a deja vu! She said the exact same line Nami said. Her voice... sounds a bit like Nami's voice.

               I said, "It's okay." then I gave her her books and banana milk. She took it and said, "Thank you."

               I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter