chapter 1

하룻밤의 연인
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                               

It was hard for Chanhee. It was his first day in New York and he was already lost, clueless to where he was. It would have been easy if he read that English book during the plane ride but he slept throughout the flight. And only if he could have Byunghun’s English skills.

So now, Chanhee was wandering New York City alone and hungry. But it did feel a little nice to not have everyone crowd him, it was only crowded because of everyone being busy. Everywhere he looked, he could see either people talking on the phone or to a friend, with a cup of coffee. Which reminds him, he needs one badly.

Chanhee checked his pocket for spare change, but all he had was Korean currency. Lost and hungry, and his legs started to ache. Who knows how long he has been out walking mindlessly?

Maybe Chanhee could find a fellow Korean who might show him the way, but there was none. All he saw were Americans, and he didn’t know how to speak English at all. Even if Chanhee was desperate, he wouldn’t want to be embarrassed with his English skills.

“Hi…are you Korean?” Chanhee said with a strong accent to a bystander that he thought might have been Korean.

“Huh? No, sorry.” Chanhee’s hope went down the drain, as the guy awkwardly left. That guy looked 100% Korean, for sure.

                                                 

Chanhee walked into Starbucks. His legs ached from all the walking and sitting down would really help. And he was parched too, but he had no money on him.

And then he heard an angel, an angel that spoke Korean. With no hesitation, he speed walked over to her table and tapped on her shoulder.

“Huh?”

Chanhee didn’t expect her to be… so pretty, and that’s caused him to choke up. He was too busy staring into her eyes to notice that she was confused and a little annoyed by him.

“Do you need anything?”

It took a few moments for Chanhee to realize what was coming out of . One because he couldn’t help but stare at how her lips moved and two because he simply couldn’t understand what she was saying.

“Are you… Korean?”

The moment the girl nodded was the moment Chanhee jumped in joy and hugged her. The jumping caused a few people to look and the hugging made the girl embarrassed, but Chanhee didn’t notice because he was too busy being excited.

“I need your help.” Chanhee spoke in fluent Korean.

“Uh, with what?” The girl nodded looking confused.

“I’m lost and I need your help to get me back.”

The girl looked to her friend, who Chanhee didn’t notice before, and they spoke English which Chanhee couldn’t comprehend. Her friend was fairly pretty too, she was American.

“Do you know where you’re staying?” She asked while pulling another chair out for Chanhee to sit on.

“The Hilton, but all I see are shopping malls and trees.”

“Of course, you’re in the shopping district. All you’re going to see are malls for miles, hotels aren’t in a 5 mile radius.”

Chanhee was about to say something, but stopped because he was attempting to make his stomach not growl. His attempt was in vain because a loud growl erupted from his stomach making the two girls laugh. Chanhee was red with embarrassment.

“Do you want to eat something?”

Chanhee shook his head, but once again his stomach betrayed his mind and growled. And then he heard the screeching of the girl’s friend’s chair and noticed that she was leaving. Not that he cared because he was no help to her.

“I forgot to ask you for your name? May I know it?”

“I’m Chanhee and you are?”

“I’m Hilliary, but my Korean name is Hyemin.”

Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter