Myungsoo's Perfect Date

Myungsoo's Perfect Date

                                                                 (5:37 PM)
"Sorry I’m late," you panted as you caught up with Myungsoo at a local shopping center. You ran there, not realizing the time until just ten minutes beforehand.
"It’s okay, are you all right?" he asked, looking worried.
"Yeah, I’m fine. I just lost track of time, that’s all."
Myungsoo smiled and patted your head. He asked you to wait at a bench as he ducked into one of the shops, stating that he’d only be a minute.

You huddled up and stuck your hands in your pockets. Although Spring had just arrived, the air was still too chilly to go out without a coat. All you had on was a hoodie, as running late made you forget to bring something heavier.
Within minutes, Myungsoo returned, carrying a small cardboard box.
"What’s that?" you asked curiously.
"A surprise," he said with a smirk. He handed the box to you, and said, "Make sure you don’t tip it over, or it’ll be ruined."
You nodded and held the box carefully in your hands. Shivering slightly, you readjusted your hoodie.
Myungsoo noticed.
Without hesitation, he took off his coat and placed it around your shoulders.
"But, Myungsoo—! Won’t you be cold?" you asked, feeling hot in the face.
"I’ll be okay, I’m wearing black," he chuckled. "It attracts sunlight."
You smiled at his humor, but felt guiltier than before.

The two of you walked down the streets of Seoul, admiring the surrounding shops from afar. You chatted with Myungsoo about how things were going lately, and he shared events of what’s been happening with Infinite. They were pleasant conversations, but all was cut short as Myungsoo suddenly looked up at the sky.
"Uh-oh, we have to hurry or we’ll be late!"
"Late for what? Reservations?"
"No, you’ll see when we get there," Myungsoo tore his eyes away from the sky and gave you a reassuring smile. You couldn’t help but notice the cute dimples that appeared on his face, and smiled back.
He offered to take the box from you, holding it in one hand and holding your hand with the other.

The further you walked down the road, the smaller the crowds became.
"This way," led Myungsoo through a path in a nearby park. It went in a slope, between trees and bushes of all sorts. Where he was going, you weren’t sure, but by the way he navigated through it so smoothly, you were sure he’d been there many times before.
Finally, the two of you had reached an end. On the top of the hill there sat a bench overlooking the horizon.
Myungsoo motioned for you to sit down beside him. The view was magnificent! Living in the city, it was not often you got to see a sight like this, and sharing it with Myungsoo made it even better.
Suddenly, the mention of being late made sense. He wanted to watch the sunset with you. How sweet!
"This is amazing, Myungsoo," you said as you gazed at the sky. Myungsoo smiled and put an arm around you.
The two of you sat in silence, enjoying each others’ presence as well as the view.

"Do you want to see what’s in the box?" asked Myungsoo. He opened the box slowly, and inside there were two pieces of cake. He lifted one up and brought it to your face, smiling as you took a bite.
"Good?" he asked.
You nodded enthusiastically, and he laughed. You lifted up the other piece and he took a bite, nodding as he chewed. You giggled as you noticed a bit of icing on his nose.
"What’s so funny?"
You pointed to the tip of your nose and he blushed, quickly wiping his own.

The two of you happily finished your cake and cuddled up together under Myungsoo’s jacket, watching the sun set and the stars come up.