My Destiny

My Destiny

You smiled to yourself as you watched B.A.P’s recorded performance on Music Bank. He hadn't changed at all, since the times you were together from high school, you were sure of that. Sometimes, you would wonder if he still remembered you. Without you knowing, tears had already started to form in your eyes and fall down your cheek. When you realized it, you shut off the television and buried your face in a pillow. You knew you shouldn't have fallen for him. Not when he was already a trainee. You knew that he was going to debut, so why? Why did you fall for him?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

When you got to school, the next day, there was a bunch of girls crowding around the door to your classroom. You sighed and pushed past them to go inside your classroom. For a fleeting second, you thought you saw someone familiar. Someone with blond hair. You shook your thoughts off and sat down at your desk, burying your head in your hands.

"Yah, do you remember me?" someone asked. You looked up. You remembered him but you didn't want him to know that.

"No," you shook your head.

"Oh," he looked down, sounding hurt.

 

"Jagiya!" he gave you a back hug as he kissed your cheek. "I missed you," you laughed. "Why didn't you call? Did your phone run out of battery or something?" he turned you to face him.

"Aniyo," you shook your head, smiling.

"Then why?" he pouted.

"You were busy. I didn't want to disturb you,"

"Still. It's been two weeks,"

"Mianhae," you apologized, smiling. "I'll make it up to you,"

"How?"

"What do you want?"

"Kiss," he pointed to his lips.

"Oppa~"

"Jebal~" he whined.

"Arasseo, arasseo," you smiled and gave him a kiss on his lips. It was only supposed to be for a second, but before you could pull away, he wrapped his arms around your waist, deepening the kiss. "Oppa!" you blushed when he pulled away.

"Saranghae," he told you.

"Nado saranghae..." you replied. "I missed you a lot, oppa,"

 

There were a lot of things you wanted to say to him, but you couldn't. Sighing, you stood up and went up the stairs to the roof. It was snowing lightly, which made you remember a lot of things. When he confessed to you...

 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oppa,"

"I know I don't deserve you, but I really do love you,"

"Pabo,"

"What?"

"I love you, too. And who said I don't deserve you?"

"Me,"

"Crazy kid,"

"Mean," And with that he kissed you, snow falling overhead.

 

And most importantly, when he broke up with you...

 

"I don't think I can do this anymore,"

"Oppa,"

"What's going to happen when I debut? We won't be able to see each other often,"

"Still,"

"I don't want you to get hurt. So maybe it's better if we just end this thing,"

"Oppa, please,"

"I'm sorry. I have to. I only care about you. I'm doing this for you,"

"You said you loved me,"

"I do love you,"

"Then why are you doing this if you love me?"

"If you don't break up, you'll just get hurt,"

"I don't care. I still love you,"

"I feel the same way, but..."

"But what? You can't do this anymore? You're choosing your career over your girlfriend?"

"I'm really sorry,"

"Fine. We're over, then,"

"Promise me one thing first,"

"What am I supposed to promise you?"

"Don't forget me. That's all I'm going to ask you,"

"I can't promise you that,"

"Please,"

"I'll try,"

"Gomawo,"

 

You closed your eyes as you let your tears fall. You weren’t stopping them from coming this time. Seeing him on television hurt you, but seeing him in person... It made all the memories come back. All of them. Seeing him makes the hurt much harder to go away. How were you supposed to forget him when you could see him?

 

"Jagiya," a soft voice said. "Mianhae, and... Saranghae,"

"Why are you telling me that now, Choi JunHong?"

"Seeing you cry hurts me a lot, you know,"

"I don't care,"

"You promised,"

"Yeah, so? People break promises. It has always been like that,"

"I know. Do you know why I did that, then?"

"I don't want to remember,"

"For the last time, remember for me,"

"Because you didn't want me to get hurt,"

"Exactly. So why are you hurt?"

"Because I see you now,"

"Jagiya,"

"Don't call me that anymore. Stay out of my life,"

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I love you and I always will,"

"Why should I care if you love me or not?"

"Because I know you feel the same way about me,"

"How are you so sure?"

"You wouldn't be crying right now if you weren't,"

"Oh. Right,"

"So it's obvious that you still love me. Not like the others, not like a fan, but the same way you loved me before,"

"Things change,"

"Your destiny doesn't though. It's been three years. If we weren't meant for each other then I'm not supposed to be in love with you anymore. The same goes for you,"

"Zelo,"

"Don't deny your feelings. What if you see me loving someone else while I'm the person you still love? If it's like that, then we're not made for each other. Love is supposed to hurt. You have to make sacrifices before you get a happy ending,"

"How do you know that?"

"I know. Because I know how that feels,”

“What?”

“Let me ask you something,”

“And that is…”

“Since we broke up, did you develop any feelings for other guys? Or was it always me?”

“It was you. Just you,”

“Then you really are my destiny,”

“And you’re mine?”

“Obviously,”

“Don’t be sarcastic,”

“Sorry,”

“You really didn’t change, Choi JunHong,”

“You love me anyway,”

“Aish… This-” you started to say when you felt lips on yours. He was kissing you… Why?

“Care to finish your sentence?”

“Um…. Never mind,”

“I thought so,” he smiled softly.