Hesitating Lips

Hesitating Lips
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Sandeul POV***

The waves reach my feet. The water goes in between my toes. It tickles a bit, but feels pleasing. I look up at the sky and soak in the warm rays. The smell of the salt along with the soft clashing noises relaxes me. I put my arms in the air and run into the water.

My clothes absorb the water and become heavy in a matter of seconds. I jump around, feeling delighted. The seagulls fly past me. I smile brightly when I see other people around me having fun.

“Sandeul hyung,” Gongchan yells. I look at him. “We have to get going!”

“I barely got in!” I yell at him.

He nods no at me and motions me to get out. I twirl around in the water one more time. The water clashes against me. A drop of the salty water makes it into my mouth. I wipe my face and slowly walk back to the shore.

“It’s finally spring,” I tell Gongchan when I reach him.

“Yup. Jinyoung hyung is going to be mad that we’re taking forever to get back,” Gongchan complains.

I pat his back as we walk up the steps out of the sand. I drop my sandals onto the concrete then slide my feet in. Gongchan does the same.

“It’s a beautiful day, but…” I tell him.

“But what?” he asks.

“It’s missing something,” I reply.

Gongchan opens the door to the restaurant. I enter and spot Jinyoung right away. We both walk over to him. Jinyoung drinks out of his glass.

“Why are you drenched in water?” he asks.

“The water was calling out to me,” I tell him.

“We agreed on entering later,” Jinyoung says.

“No you agreed on that,” I reply.

Jinyoung nods his head in disagreement.

“Can I this meal?” Gongchan says.

We look at him. He’s smiling while looking at the menu.

“Why are you asking us?” Jinyoung says.

“Ok what about you guys?” A deep voice asks.

Jinyoung and I look at the waiter surprised. The guy stares at us. His pen is touching the memo pad as he waits for us to speak. Gongchan begins to laugh.

“Hyungs you guys are slow,” Gongchan laughs at us.

I observe the waiter. He looks good in his uniform.  He smiles at me. It makes my heart skip a beat.

“So…?” he says.

“We’ll need some more time,” Jinyoung tells him.

“Okay,” the guy replies.

He turns around and walks away. I stare at his broad back. I bet he can feel me staring at him.

“Channie why are you sitting with Sandeul?” Jinyoung asks.

“I want to,” Gongchan replies. He laughs then sticks his tongue out at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung pouts at Gongchan. Gongchan stops laughing then switches to Jinyoung’s side of the table. I take a drink of my water and look at the menu.

“Are you ready?” the waiter comes back.

“Yes. We both want this meal please,” Jinyoung says.

I look at him confused. I can order my own meal. He smiles at me and I scrunch my lips.

“I’ll be back with your meals,” He says.

My eyes stick towards the waiter again. This time I can’t take my eyes off of him.

“Sandeul!” Jinyoung throws a napkin at my face.

It makes me jump up. My eating utensils fall. I bend down and grab them. When I look to the side, I notice Jinyoung’s hand on Gongchan’s. Their fingers are entwined. These guys… Jinyoung is so sly.

“Are you attracted to the waiter?” Jinyoung asks.

“No,” I reply.

“Hyung you keep looking at him with a dreamy look,” Gongchan adds.

“Really?” I ask. “I think you’re imagining things.”

“Do you want his number?” Jinyoung asks.

“No!” I yell.

“Come on Deul have some fun,” he says.

The waiter comes towards us with a tray filled with food. Jinyoung stares at him and I stare at Jinyoung. He better not.

“Excuse me,” Jinyoung says.

“Yes?” the waiter replies.

“Sunwoo? That’s your name, right?” Jinyoung asks.

“If it says on my name tag then yes,” the guy laughs.

“Oh ok. So Sunwoo do you have a ual preference?” Jinyoung asks.

“Excuse me?” Sunwoo looks confused.

Please log in to read the full chapter