1/1

A Demon's Play

Waking up in a complete white room without thought of how you got there… That was what happened to Junhong. How his faith was decided when he met an immortal demon…

 

*~ * ~*

 

“Will you play for me?” the demon voiced out as Junhong pressed a key of the black grand piano present on the big white room, being it the only piece of decoration, asides from the bed.

“What happened if I do?” Junhong asked, taking a seat in the piano’s bench and analyzing the keys presented in front of him.

“Your life span gets shorter… That is the counter on the use of that piano.” The demon explained. “Many died just to hear the beautiful melody created by the chords of that piano, although little were able to actually bring up the actual true melody the piano can offer…”

Junhong reached for the keys and started to play, a beautiful melody echoing throughout the whole room.

The demon’s eyes widened… Never once as someone willingly played the piano without something in return. But this boy didn’t hesitate. Junhong played with a more up pace tune and kept adding notes to the just created melody and the demon smiled, appearing next to Junhong, sitting beside him. He took over half of the piano, both playing together… A beautiful yet sinful melody. One not achieved without the loss of something precious… A human life.

They kept playing until the melody was as complex as it could be, without tainting it…

Both rested their hands at the same time, the demon standing up.

“You do realize that your life now belongs to me, right? Until it’s burned out?” the demon questioned, looking at Junhong over his shoulder. The other nodded and the demon smiled. “I’m glad you understand, Junhong. My name is Youngguk and I’m an immortal demon, my life never ending unlike yours… I hope you give some entertainment!” Youngguk added before leaving the room.

Junhong got up and tried opening the door and noticing that it truly is locked. He looked back at the piano, the urge to play it but he kept it to himself. His life was now Youngguk’s… He can’t burn it away without the other’s consent.  So he just contented himself with lying on the bed.

 

*~ * ~*

 

Days and days passed by… Junhong and Youngguk played many times together, the boy swiftly moving his hands over the keys while the demon followed along with the tune.

Apparently, the tune was given by Junhong, while the melody was only truly formed with the addition of the demon’s hands.

At the end of another song, the demon got up again and Junhong followed soon.

“Youngguk?” the boy whispered almost inaudibly. “Do you by any chance know how much time I have left?”

“A few weeks… Around five songs should end it all…” Youngguk sounded a little reluctant in talking with the younger about that. Junhong nodded and went to sit on his bed.

“What if I play alone?” Junhong voiced out. Youngguk’s eyes widened and a frown was formed on his facial features.

“You’d only roughly live through a single song… But it’s not like you’ll play without me, so… Five songs left.” Youngguk softly said. Junhong nodded and laid on his bed, the demon leaving the room for him to rest in peace and quiet.

 

The next morning, Youngguk was offered with the sight of Junhong sitting on the piano by himself.

“What do you think you’re doing, Junhong?” Youngguk angrily voiced out.

“Youngguk…” Junhong whispered and happily smiled. “I’m playing this song for you… So, I’m really sorry if it , but I’ve only played with you until now so I’m not very experient… Even so, here goes nothing.” He breathes in and out, touching the keys and pressing them, making the grand piano produce the beautiful notes it always did.

Youngguk stood still in the hallway that lead to Junhong’s room. He leaned against the wall that was between him and Junhong, sliding to the floor… The melody was one of the most beautiful he as ever heard.

“Wonderful…” he whispered.

A white energy started flowing from the piano and from Junhong. With tears running down his cheeks, he whispered what were going to be his final words, “I love you, Youngguk…”

The demon’s eyes widened and he hastily entered the room to be overwhelmed with the amount of energy. The melody picking up and Junhong… sang.

As he sang, he smiled. Looking over at Youngguk he warmly smiled and played the last verse of his personal and loving melody.

 

*~ * ~*

 

Junhong’s melody got slower, his eyes wanting to close, to rest… But he knew what it was… His end was near.

Youngguk, the man he promise to entertain, who he promised to live with and make him company, stood there in shock before a warming, never once seen smile, appeared across his features. He walked over to the boy.

Junhong completely stopped playing the tune and his head fell down, his body still sitting in the grand piano’s bench, his arms slumped at both of his sides… Youngguk patted the other’s head and took him in a hug…

“Thank you…” he whispered, holding the boy tighter. “Thank you for staying with me, for playing for me and to hold on for as long as you could…” A tear rolled down his cheek as he picked the younger up. “You knew I was immortal, yet you still promised me you would stay by my side…” he laid the other’s body on the bed, “Even though your life span got shorter as you played for me. Couldn’t you have just said ‘no’ and I could just end it all?” he half screamed, half whispered. “You… You were the kindest person I ever met! But why? Why did you have to meet me?”

He wiped away his tears and put a sweet kiss on the other’s forehead.

“Why did our meeting have to decide your faith?” he fell on his knees, clinging to the bed sheets. “I love you too, Junhong! I truly do…”

 

And that was how the immortal demon fell in love with a human and lived the rest of his never ending life alone, never once forgetting anything about the other…

 

Just comes to show… When true, love is something that lasts forever <3

 

“You’re my little angel, Junhong…”

~ Youngguk