01 ❥ ... but dad

Los Angels Princess.

"Do I really have to go?" Jessica whined yet once again; her dad won one promotion to be the head of his job department in South Korea. It was a really good place he was offered to own and since he was the best friend of the boss and Korean, it would be really easy to adapt pretty well. "I'm already 17, next month I'll be 18. I can totally live alone. Most kids in California do that." she moved her hands to her waist and let out yet, another whine.

"Jessica.." her dad dropped his hands on top of the box and looked at her with a rather sweet gaze, he was a great man and Jessica knew that. "I'd let you be alone if I was going to another state.. but that's not the case. South Korea isn't necessarily close and if something happens, I'd take at least 8 hours to get here. Do you think is the most correct thing? What if you get robbed? Or murdered?" he shook his head and turned around, carefully closing the other box. He wanted to let her stay in L.A; he knew she had her friends but, to leave her alone seemed like one of the worst ideas, he was a father, and like most say: a father never stops worrying. 

She moved back as she heard him and fell on the couch, sighing as she knew there was no turning back. Most her friends had already said goodbye to her since she knew this was going to happen for about one month now. Only a few boxes were left, Jessica was already going to Korea the next morning, going to her grandmother's place, while her dad was going to stay to make sure everything was okay and sign off some papers to make sure he'd be safe around Korea, making sure they wouldn't simply fire him once he got there. Business, is business. Her sight moved to the window focusing on the sun which was moving down behind the beach, she was going to miss that. The summer, the waves, beach parties, her friends and that guy she crushed hard. It was unfair. She didn't want to go. But since her mother's death, she only saw her dad this happy when he got news he could go back to Korea and work there. And something she couldn't be was selfish. "Ah, alright alright. I give up." she laughed quite gently and got up again, stretching her arms up, having a soft yet a bit loud yawn leaving her lips. 

"I'm going to bed though daddy. It's late and tomorrow I'm the one who'll have to deal with the bags and airport rude people. Goodnight." and with a kiss on her dad's forehead she left the living room, going up to her now empty room. She dropped her body on the bed and looked at the ceiling, her mind took a run as she started imagining how would it be in Korea. She was fluent with the language and writing but, were the people like they were in L.A.? She wasn't a big fan of k-pop nor k-dramas, though much occidental people expected her to be since she was asian. "Damn." she sighed and closed her eyes. Tomorrow would be a huge day. And so the rest of the year.

 


 

Hello guys. This is just an intro! I need to explain a bit of how her relationship with her dad is and all. After chapter three the new charas will join, but next one will still be only her and her dad, and oh! Her grandmother too.  Thank you for subscribing, I hope you enjoy the story.