Risk

Five strings, One hope

Chapter 8 - Risk

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“And you are?” She asked.

 

“I’m Youngsaeng..” I said and continued to pack my things.

 

“You got a cool name there..” She said. “Where are you going?” She asked.


”Get out from this place..” I walked away to the door. But she maintained at her place, where she was standing. “You’re going to hide here? All day?”

 

“Uh.. Mind if I.. If I..” She hesitated.


”Are you asking for a ride?” Then she smiled.

 

I would be beaten up by Hyunjoong if he knows that I’m give a ride for someone I just knew. Because it has been a taboo for us to get close with someone we just knew.

 

“I’m using a public transportation.” I lied. Actually, my butler drove my car here and left it at the carpark. “I’ll take my leave.” I said and walked out from the room.

 

Hyungjun’s POV

 

“Oh, you’re home.” I said when I saw Youngsaeng hyung arrived. I decided to went back home since nuna and Hyunjoong hyung had arrived at the company.

 

“You’re always late.. About everything..” He said to me. I don’t think he’s fully recovered. But Kyujong said that the doctor said that he’s been progressing so well.

 

He joined me on the sofa. Taking over the TV remote and starting to change the TV channels.

 

“How are you?” He said. I’m the one who should ask that, shouldn’t I?

 

“What?”

 

“I met her yesterday.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Shin.”

 

“Oh..”

 

“Seriously kid. Are you not going to talk to her? And let the problem remains unsolved?” He said, getting onto the main point.

 

“I don’t know hyung. I don’t have enough courage to talk to her.”

 

“If I knew it’s going to be like this. Maybe I shouldn’t give up on her.” He said. Okay, he got me there.

 

“Hyung.”


”But don’t worry, I love her as a dongsaeng now.” He said, but I stayed in silence. “She’s still waiting for you. It’s in her eyes.” He stood up and walked away.


”Where are you going?”

 

“Some where quiet. I need to think.” He said and walked to the patio.


Maybe he’s right. I should talk to her. But I can’t. I just.. Simply can’t do it. Oh come on Hyungjun. You’ve faced so many bad guys buy you can’t face your ex girlfriend?

 

Kyujong’s POV

 

“Kyujong-ah.. Where are you?”

 

“On my way home, why?”

 

“Do you want to go for a whiskey?”Just when I thought of quitting, he asked me to drink. Man. This world is just so, unpredictable.

 

“Your treat?”

 

“Yeah, sure. I’ll meet you up at the usual place.”He hung up.

 

-----

 

“What has gotten into you?” I asked.

 

“She went to our house..”

 

“She? Don’t tell me it’s her.”

 

“Who else?”

 

“What does she want?”

 

“I didn’t even meet her.” He said and ordering a blue label.

 

“And?”

 

“And what?”

 

“And you’re lucky that you don’t have to take care of the company here.”

 

“Oh come on.. There’s always things like that in business. You can’t just simply run a business without any problem can you?”

 

“I was okay before.. When it’s just about the company. But now she added more problems onto my brain.” He said.

 

“Life isn’t that simple brother.. The only thing you could do is to face it.”

 

Hyungjun’s POV

 

“Done thinking?” I asked him once he came back from the patio.

 

“Yeah.” He said and went to his room. And went out after a few minutes. Taking his phone, ipod, and.. A silencer?

 

“Hyung, is that a silencer?”

 

“Hmm? Yeah. Can’t you see?” He said, waving it in front of my face.

 

“Why do you need to bring a silencer out? On a day like this?”

 

“Guess what.” He took his car’s key.

 

Oh no, he’s gotta be kidding me.

 

“Yah hyung! Are you mad!?”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Where are you going then??” I asked, and he put his shades on. And placed the earphone onto his ears

 

“Taeyeon’s house.” He said and started the engine.

 

“Yah! Hyung! Wait!” I yelled when he hit the gas. So I ran to my car and went after him. He mustn’t have gone far.

 

God. Could you please just let me know what’s on his mind? Is he mad? And now he went to Taeyeon’s house? If Hyunjoong hyung knows it. He’ll be doomed for sure. I mean. We’ll be doomed.

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“Why are you following me?” I said on the phone. He’s right behind my car.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!” He yelled.

 

“Yah.. Is that how the way to speak to your elders?”

 

“I’m serious hyung. The thing that you’re doing now is silly okay. You just went out from the hospital. And now you’re seeking out for death?”

 

“I’m just going to talk to him. A small talk.”

 

“Then why are you bringing a silencer?”

 

“To silence my gun of course what else..” I hung up. Then I sped up my car just before the traffic light turned into red.

 

Sorry Hyungjun-ah.. But I need to settle things out by myself. I’m not going to involve anyone anymore.