Let the story begins

Just Right in front of You

Lee Yoojin, the daugther of JK Company's CEO and Kim Jongdae the son of T-Gen Company's CEO got arranged marriage by their families. They both never knew each other existence and yet they got married. Reason? Parents are best friend and agree to marry their child because of close friendship. Kim Jongdae is not very nice guy because he is a playboy. He likes to hang out with random girls and he even got scolded by his father. But that does not stopping him from being the bad boy. He went to the club every night and always have 'fun'. Meanwhile, Lee Yoojin is a very nice young lady. She always take good care of her so called husband and do like what housewives do. She can cook, she's pretty and innocent. The first day of their marriage life, it does not went well. Jongdae treat her like maid, always ordered her around. She just follow it and did everything her husband told. To her, husband is everything. Today, like usual but more worst.

Yoojin stay at the couch and keep watching the clock on the wall, "It's 2 am in the morning. Where could he be?" She is worry sick. The front door open and there's Jongdae with his alcohol smell and drunk. One girl follows too.

"Excuse me,but who are you?" Yoojin ask. "Me? *hiccup* Oppa's girlfriend." She can't even stand still. "Well,i'm sorry miss. You have to go back now. I'm his wife and let me take care of him."

"What? Oppa never told me he has a wife." She stare at her. "Now you know so please. Go back" The girl left and only Yoojin and Jongdae at their house.

Yoojin try to grab Jongdae's arm but her hand got slapped. "What do you think you're doing,chick? I never ask for your help. Did you just chased her away? Who do you think you are,b***h?" Jongdae push her on the floor and head upstairs.

Yoojin cry and and never knew this side of Jongdae. It is cruel but she has to bear it for this marriage.

The next morning, Yoojin is sleeping on the couch and she realised it is 7.30 am. It's time for her husband to go to work. "Ah,my eyes hurt. Umm,i better wake him up." She quickly get off the couch and head upstairs. The door was unlocked and she enter the room. "Jongdae-ah. It's time for work. You don't want to be late." She says softly and tap his shoulder. Still, his body is stiff. "Jongdae-ah. Please, wake up." No response. "Jongdae-shi." This time she's a little bit louder. He groans and ruffle his hair roughly. "Ah,what!!! Don't you see i'm trying to get some sleep here? Aishhh!!!" He goes back to sleep and Yoojin speaks again,"You got work,Jongdae-shi." Once again, he groans and wake up from his sleep. He stands up and glare at her. "Why do you have to be my wife? I have a lot of girls that i can marry to. If it's not because of our parents stupid friendship, i would have never stuck with you. You are really annoying." He grab her chin,"You have pretty face but nice girls like you making me sick." He goes to the bathroom and again Yoojin's tears rolling down.

She  walk downstairs and prepare breakfast for her husband. Without looking back, he just left.

Yoojin just give a big sigh and eat by herself. Then,her friend call. "Yoojin-ah...annyeong!!"

"Oh,Saemi ah. How are you?' "I'm fine, *sniff*." "Yah,are you okay?? You sounds weak. Are you sick?" "Nope,i'm fine. Just a little dust." "Wait,i know. You're crying." Yoojin pause for a while, "What are you talking about,no i'm not." "Gosh,you're my best friend. Why wouldn't i know? Tell mama what happen." "Nothing,okay. I'll better get going. Bye."

She decide to have a walk outside with good weather and breath in some fresh air. On her way to coffee shop, she bump into someone. She seems to be confused but when her view is clear, a guy stand in front of her. "Sorry miss. I didn't see you. Are you okay?" He looks worry and keep staring at her face.

"I'm okay. It's fine. It's not your fault." She smiles. "Hmm,i'm Joonmyeon." "I'm Yoojin." They both shake hands and enter the coffee shop. "Yoojin-shi. I'm truly sorry. I'll buy you a coffee." Yoojin making 'no thanks' gesture. "No,no. It's fine really." "Nope,i'm still buy you one." Then,Joonmyeon order 2 cup of americano and he paid for both of it. "Here you are,miss." "Umm,thanks? But seriously..you do-" "Once in a while. Just pretend i'm a friend of yours." Yoojin don't want to argue more so she just let it be and thanks him again. "So,a pretty lady walks alone." Joonmyeon smiles. Yoojin is blushing red like a tomato. "I know it's hard to believe but i'm married." She say while looking down. "Oh,is that so? Umm,where's your husband?" "Work. He's really busy." Joonmyeon is being curious so he ask many questions. "Sorry but may i know your husband's name?" "Kim Jongdae." Joonmyeon know who is Jongdae. It is his 'dongsaeng'.

"Oh really? I know him." "You do?" "Yup,he is my none blood brother." Yoojin eyebrows scrunched. "Haha,i mean. He is like a dongsaeng to me." Yoojin just nod. Time goes by and it's time for them to leave. "I'll guess i see you later or soon or maybe next time." Joonmyeon shrugged. "Yeah,i guess so. Bye. It was a pleasent day." She smile. She left and there's Joonmyeon standing straight and watch her disappear. "You've got yourself an angel,Jongdae."

....................................................................................................................................

Yoojin go back home and see Jongdae's car is there. "He must be home." Yoojin enter the house and overheard Jongdae's phone conversation. "Yeah,baby. I'm sorry i can't go out tonight. I'm really tired. Hmm. I guess i'll see you tomorrow? Okay,love you too babe." Yoojin just look away and pretend to hear nothing. She goes straight to the kitchen. "Well,well,well. My wife just got back home. Where's my dinner? You always prepare it before i came. Today? Are you trying to take revenge on me, you priceless chick?"

"I'm sorry. I just~" *Pak* He slap her. "Don't try to cover your mistakes here,woman. I'm not interested and now i'm not hungry. Thanks to you." He glare at her and left. "Oh God, what am i doing wrong?" She sits on her knees and cry.

Eversince Yoojin and Joonmyeon knows each other, they always hang out together and talking to each other. In people's eye, it is a wrong perception but actually they're just friends.

....................................................................................................................................

"So you're saying that you confuse with your own feelings?" Joonmyeon ask. Yoojin just sigh,"Yup. Although he has been treating me like that, but i never hate him. Is it maybe i actually like him?" Yoojin stare at Joonmyeon hoping that he will answer that. "Yoojin-ah. Only you have the answer. Besides, you are the wife and you still have your power to fight back. There's no wrong in fighting for your rights. Change. Don't be afraid." All she can do is to think and recall back everything.

Yoojin went back home until Jongdae appear out of nowhere suddenly scold her. "Where were you? This is like a second time you've been gone." She take a deep breath and remember what Joonmyeon had told her. "Why do you care? I thought you hated me. You never care about me,Kim Jongdae. You are selfish and rude. You only think about yourself and your girls. Doesn't your life being in one bed with random girls? Or hang out with them,drinking the sip and share lips with them? Every night,you went home late and drunk. Do you think this is a joke? You treat me like an animal and everything i did,it always wrong in your eyes. I'm really ashamed of you,Kim Jongdae. I really am." Tears flowing from her eyes.

He really taken back with her statements and become a statue. He freeze with her words and just become speechless. She left the house and can't stand with his treatment. She decide to stay at her friend house. "Did she just leave me?" That is all he can say.

Yoojin call her friend,Saemi. "Saemi-ah,are you alone?" "Yup, and i'm bored. You want to come to my house?" "Sure." She arrive and and after everything settles down, she explain everything and Saemi approve of her staying in. "It's okay. You're my bff. Just stay as long as you want."

.............................................................................................................................

Once again, Jongdae is drunk and his wife words keep echoing his mind. Then some random girls showed up. "Go away you s. I don't have time for you." He walks away and his head is spinning until he didn't even realized he is hit by a car. His view becomes black and his eyes is shut. He is send to the hospital quickly as he lose so much blood.

Yoojin receive a call. "Annyeonghaseyo. Are you Mrs Kim?" "Yes,i am." "Can you come to the hospital please. Your husband just hit by a car." "What?" Yoojin become weak. "Yoojin-ah. What happen?" "J-jongdae. Accident." They both rush to the hospital and Yoojin ask the nurse the room. They go there and she see Jongdae lying helplessly. "Mrs Kim. Glad you can make it. Your husband is in a crtical condition right now and i think he needs someone to take care of him." She doesn't know what to say but he still her husband so she agreed. "Thanks doctor. I will." She sits next to her husband and can't hold her tears much longer. "Saemi-ah. You can go home now. I will take care of the rest." Saemi nod and hug her before she left. Yoojin prepare a soup, hot water and some warm towels and she sleeps with her face burried in her arms.

The next morning, Jongdae wakes up as he recover fast. Slowly opening his eyes and and when he turned to his left side, there his wife still peacefully sleeping. His heart stars to open a little by little for Yoojin. "I didn't know how beautiful you are when you're asleep." It's automatic comes out from his mouth. Then, Yoojin stir and slowly sit up and surprise to see her husband awakes. Jongdae quickly turn his gaze. "Oh,you're awake. Thank God. Hmm,have some soup."  Jongdae just stay silent and just follow her order. She feeds him and he feels like his heart beats fast. After done eating, she ask him to eat his medicine. Yoojin also being silent herself and just do what wifes do. Then, her phone rings. "Annyeonghaseyo? Oh,Joonmyeon-ah. Okay,i'll see you now." Yoojin left without a word. Jongdae's heart ache to see his wife leave. "Joonmyeon-hyung? How does he know Yoojin?" 

.............................................................................................................................

Everyday, Yoojin help her husband and take good care of him. His heart is flustered and and realize that he actually is the luckiest guy on earth. What makes him sad that Yoojin always go out with Joonmyeon and he don't want to ask his hyung why they always together. One more thing, she never say a word to him but just by action. That makes Jongdae feel more pressure. One day, Jongdae can't stand anymore he try to break the silence. "Yoojin-shi. Can i talk to you for a minute?" She just stunned and surprise because this is her first time to hear his slow tune. "Sure. What is it?" "Is there,ehem. I mean what is your relationship with Joonmyeon-hyung?" "Nothing.  We're just best buds. He motivates me a lot. That's all." Yoojin answer with cold face. "O-oh. O-okay."

Jongdae feels uncomfortable with Joonmyeon and Yoojin friendship. Suddenly he is jealous to see they both smiling and laughing. "Why can't I make my wife happy? She's even prettier when she smiles." Then he realized what he head done to her before. "I'm such a jerk. Why I can't see her before? Your a dumba** Kim Jongdae. It's truly your fault. No. I won't let her get away. New Kim Jongdae is here. No more girls,no more alcohol." At night, he sits on the couch waiting for her to come home. "Oh,you're back." Yoojin just look at him and give a weak smile. He stands up and grab her wrist and head upstairs to their bedroom. "Kim Jongdae? What are you trying to do???" He grab her shoulder and push on the wall. He stare at her and she try to avoid his eyes. "Look at me Lee Yoojin. I'm sorry." Yoojin stunned. "What?"

"I'm sorry for my action. I didn't treat you right. I was foolish and i admit i was stupid. Honestly, it's true i don't like the arranged marriage that our parents plan to do and i was not ready. I was being sarcastic. The first time we got married, you are the prettiest girl i ever met. The way you treated me. I feel guilty to marry you because i thought you deserve to be someone better than me.  I always think that a woman like you shouldn't be with someone like me. We are opposite. Just maybe, i also thought that you will divorce me and find others. You're too kind,Yoojin. Then i think, why wouldn't i change myself and treat you well." He cries

"Jongdae, I never think of getting revenge on you. I didn't realized that for all this time i actually fall for you. You hurt me a lot but i never hate you even a bit." She said with her warm tone. "What? But why?" he ask. "Because i love you Kim Jongdae. I really do." She sobs. "Guess we've got ourselves some loves. I love you too Yoojin. I love you too. With all my heart. I mean it." Slowly their faces become closer and closer and fnally they kiss. 

.............................................................................................................................

Another day and Jongdae wakes up with smile on his face. They both end up on the bed together. He hugs her waist and kiss her forehead. "Good morning,love." She stir and slowly looking up to his new side of her husband while her hand on his chest. "Good morning to you too." They both wake up and cuddle each other. "Breakfast?" He nods. "I'll go downstairs." Just when she get off the bed, he grab her wrist. "Morning kiss?" She chuckled and peck his lips. While she is cooking some pancakes, someone hug her from behind. "Smells nice." He said. "Thanks. Go and take a sit. It's almost finish." Jongdae let go of his wife and sits. Then her phone rings. Jongdae quickly picks up the phone before her. "Oh,hyung. Morning." "I'm sorry but i don't think she can't today or the next day or the next day. We have some husband and wife moment. Anyway thanks for the offer. Bye." "What the- yah Kim Jongdae." He gives her his innocent face. "What?" "Still jealous?" He just shrugged. "FYI, he already has a fiance. And before you said anything, his fiance knows about me and him. She's really nice you know." He just stare at him and blink his eyes. "He is your hyung,even you don't know? Gosh.." "Sorry sweety." 

They both become sweeter day by day. Just like other married couple, they hold hands, cuddling, kissing, playing with each other, teasing and laughing together. 

They both watching movies as Jongdae's arm wrapped around his wife shoulder. Yoojin lay her head on his shoulder. "OMG, look at that guy. He is so handsome." He cover her eyes. "Nope, no he isn't. Don't look. It's bad for your eyes." Yoojin try to push away his hand but he is just too strong. She give up and head to the kitchen to take some snacks. Until, she suddenly faints.

"Jagiya! She looks pale." Jongdae carefully lifting his wife like a bride and rush to the hospital. Yoojin is admitted to the emergency ward. He calls all the families and inform about the bad news. Then they all come.  "What happen,son?" His father ask. "I don't know, she suddenly fainted." The nurse ask all of them to enter the ward and he quickly sits next to her. "Jagiya, please don't leave me. Please, i love you so much." Then, a doctor appear. "Is all you her families?"  They all nod. Jongdae still caress her hair as she lying with her weak body. The doctor smile, "Congratulations, Mr Kim. She is pregnant. 6th week." All of them cheer and as for the couple, they both kiss and smiling. "Thanks Yoojin for giving me a wonderful gift." He whispers. "Thank you too for being a great husband."

.......................................................................................................................

After her pregnancy news, it's time for Jongdae to take care of his wife. She's been craving weird things lately and demanding with her mood swings. He doesn't care because it's love. He follows her order and always careful with his wife. Now, it's her 9th month pregnancy, they both sits on the bed.

"Do you feel anything?" He ask and she shakes her head. "Our baby kicks again." "Really?" He rubs her tummy gently and talk to her womb. "Baby, appa will see you in a few hours i guess. Love you." The sheets suddenly wet, "Oh my-Jongdae. I think it's time." She inhale and exhale as they go straight to the hospital.

"KIM JONGDAE,THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!" She was in labor about 4 hours and now it's time for pushing. He just hold her hands and as the delivery is done, they both got themselves a healthy baby boy.

"He is perfect,jagi.  Just like you. I think i will call you Kim Taejun." The baby is in her arms. "Jagiya, take him." Jongdae looks confuse. "I want to see you fatheryly skill." Carefully and gently Jongdae take his son from his wife and smile while looking at his son features. "Appa is happy." He kiss his son's forehead and they both admire their son. 

"I love you Lee Yoojin."

"I love you too Kim Jongdae."

 

*End*