One

Lucky Boy

It's been 2 weeks since their first encounter.

When Taemin, a diligent boy met Minho, a lucky one. They both were having internship in the same university, in foreign country, far away from their homes. They became partners in a project.

“Hello, I’m Lee Taemin.” Taemin introduced himself to his partner, who’s playing at his PSP at the moment.

“Huh? Wait a minute, Lee Taemin.” The other boy replied with his attention still in his game. Taemin curious how the boy could catch his name while playing game.

Taemin stayed still in his place when the other boy stood and gave his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Choi Minho, nice to meet you.”

Taemin was accepted in this internship because of his cleverness, while Minho was accepted because he’s a genius. That’s what Taemin told him, but he prefer to be called lucky, because what he always did was playing games.

 

 

They didn’t know when or how they became closer. Maybe because they were the only internships who came from Korea. They shared their stories, memories, and plans. Minho was two years older than Taemin, so he let himself be Taemin’s hyung when he missed his own hyung. Soon they became best-friends.

Time flown when Taemin felt something different from the way Minho treated him. He felt more affection than before. The way the older stared and smiled at him soon made his heart skipped and butterflies in his stomach urged to be released.

While Minho, he realized he couldn’t take his eyes off the younger when he laid his eyes on him for the first time. His pretty face and small figure made him want to protect the younger, even want to become his guardian angel. So, Minho showed more affection to the younger as the day passed. This was how much he love Taemin.

 

 

They started their 3 weeks far from homes, when Minho decided to bring Taemin to a giant Ferris wheel in the country. Minho prayed before he started his plan.

“Whoaa, Minho-hyung, you sure a really lucky person. It’s so little probability to be in the top of Ferris wheel at the time like this!” At that moment, the edge of the ocean was about to shallow the sun made the bright blue sky became redder and redder. Taemin watched the sunset with his bright eyes. His excitement never lessen, in fact it’s growing bigger. Minho stared at Taemin. He scanned his best-friend’s face, liking how happy the younger while enjoying this precious moment. His heartbeat increased, knowing what he will do next. If he’s succeed, the pretty boy beside him will be more than just his best-friend.

“Tae…” Minho’s froggy eyes never leaving Taemin’s features, His heartbeat increased even more.

“Hm?” Taemin still watched the sunset but Minho knew he had the younger’s attention.

“Do you know what makes me even luckier?”

“What is it, hyung?” Taemin replied. He turned his head, looked at Minho with his still bright eyes. Taemin’s heart skipped a beat at Minho’s stare. How long were his hyung staring him?

“Can I… Can I be your boyfriend, Taemin-ah?”

They felt the time stop and the ferris wheel freezed, but they knew it’s their hearts playing things. Taemin’s heart beat as fast as Minho’s. After several seconds passed, Taemin lowered his head. Hiding the redness that took over his face. He couldn’t stand the older’s stare. He thought he’s going to explode if he kept looking at his hyung’s eyes, full-of-love eyes.

“I like you, Taemin-ah.” Minho tried again after some moment he didn’t hear the younger’s answer.

“Me too…” Taemin whispered. He still couldn’t find his soul that has flown away because of Minho’s stare.

“What?” Minho assured he heard what he wanted to hear from the younger.

“I like you too, hyung! Now stop with the stare, I can’t take it any longer!” Taemin cried-out, his palms in his face hiding his embarrassment. Minho looked at him wide eyes, quite shocked with the younger reaction. But he immediately smiled sweetly at the moment he looked at Taemin’s red ears. He couldn’t help but wanted to hug and squeeze his dongsaeng. Taemin’s cuteness killing him.

Minho reached and pulled Taemin’s wrists gently. Taemin raised his head when he felt his hands was being held by the older. He looked at Minho’s smiling face. Oh how he love his hyung’s sweet smile.

“Lucky me, you liked me back.” Minho stated, his right hand reached the younger’s cheek. He leaned forward slowly, thumb caressing the younger’s smooth skin.

“No, hyung. It’s me who lucky ‘cause I met you.” Taemin replied while waiting his hyung leaned forward even more, closing the space between them. He closed his eyes when he felt Minho’s lips softly met his in a sweet kiss.

Their sweet first kiss.