final

Always There
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook averted his eyes from Taehyung and Hoseok at the other side of the room. Hoseok was sitting on the sofa while Taehyung was behind, standing and leaning in front to him. They both were watching and laughing at something on Hoseok's phone. Jungkook didn't even want to come and ask them what they were doing.

= = = = = = = =

 

The first time Taehyung admitted to liking Hoseok, he was alone in the dorm with Jungkook. The two of them were lazily sitting on the sofa while they pigged out on whatever they've found on the kitchen that is edible. Jungkook remembered that Taehyung did this thing where he combined all sweet food that he'd found in the fridge and ate them all together.

Jungkook liked that about Taehyung. He's not afraid to be himself even with anyone. Typically, people would be cautious as to act weird and creepy around people because of judgements, but that goes past the magnitude of Taehyung's typical mind. He could read Taehyung like a book; he liked that about the older lad.

"You like Hoseok?" Jungkook raised a brow and Taehyung nodded, as if it was the most normal thing to talk about. "Like, like-like?"

"Like-like?" Taehyung snickered as he repeated. "What, are we twelve year olds now?"

"I just... I never noticed!" Jungkook exclaimed, and he really was shocked. Because he notices everything about Taehyung, but the lad made it so difficult for anyone else to notice his affection towards Hoseok.

"That's why I'm telling you," Taehyung blinked, looking at Jungkook with his usual blank, somewhat clueless expression. "You're a really close friend, and I figured if I died suddenly, at least someone knows my secret. I chose you."

I chose you.

I chose you.

Jungkook thought Taehyung was so cruel. Talking to him about someone else, and being too oblivious to notice the maknae's feelings for him, and saying something like 'I chose you' as if it's the most typical thing in the world.

The black-haired lad's mind was a wreck, and he had a million things he wanted to blurt out then and there. But his mind and mouth went against him. "You're not dying, stop being overdramatic," Jungkook muttered as he grabbed onto the bag of marshmallows and ate one.

"You never know!" Taehyung said. "Accidents occur everyday, okay?"

"I'll never let you," Jungkook said, because really, he won't. 

Taehyung grinned at his words. "See, this is why I love you, maknae-ah."

Jungkook's heart shrank; Taehyung was too cruel. How can he give out the word love that easily? What's wrong with him?

"Sure, I'm telling that to Hoseok hyung," Jungkook let out a light chuckle. He felt accomplished; he was too good on lying and keeping a secret. He was too good it hurts.

= = = = = = = =

 

"Aigoo, there goes the idiotic couple, huh?" Jungkook's train of thoughts was stopped when Suga sat next to him. The older lad was looking at the loud Taehyung and Hoseok who kept on making noises about what they were watching. 

Jungkook lets out a snicker. "Says the captain of the ship." He still can't forget that taping for that one episode on their ARMY show. Suga was definitely one of the masterminds behind that kiss.

"I'm just helping them out!" Suga defended. "They're too obvious and too oblivious and stupid. Why hasn't Taehyung even confessed yet? He's usually not one to shy around."

Jungkook looked at Suga in amusement. "You knew?!"

Suga snickered. "I'm not dumb and blind, Jungkook. It's right in front of me. I know how to analyze things."

Not good enough if you haven't realized my own feelings too, Jungkook wanted to say. But there was no way he would admit that. He doesn't want to complicate things. Hoseok seemed to like Taehyung and vice versa. Where would he fit in the picture?

"Don't worry. There'd be someone else for you, too," Suga said after awhile, and reached out to ruffle the taller maknae's hair before he stood up. Jungkook vaguely wondered if Suga actually did have an idea of what Jungkook thought of Taehyung.

Suga walked away to Namjoon and started chatting with him about something Jungkook would probably not even care about. He sighed and looked away, slumping in his seat. "That's the problem, hyung," he muttered, even though he wasn't talking to anyone. "I don't want someone else."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter