*A Visual Aid

I Draw Water, I Carry Fuel

*This was originally posted a few chapters in, but I've moved it up here so that it doesn't unterrupt the chapter flow anymore. 

I made a little floorplan of the home. For a minute I thought, oh you know, I should be able to write my story well enough for readers to picture it - but hey, it's fanfic, it's fun, whatever. I should have made this look like a piece of ephemera... a little scribbled piece of notebook paper where they've written down where to set up all the cameras and such... oh well, maybe next time. 

I hope this helps~

 

You can see there are four enterances to the common room and the perimeter hallway, which is actually too wide in this scale. I'M NEITHER AN ARTIST NOR AN ARCHITECT. Clearly. Room entries that have both doors and dotted lines are supposed to represent the kind of door that slides but also opens outward. This exists I SWEAR. 

Quick notes on the interior: while the house itself is a restored/updated version of a traditional hanok, the previous owners pretty much took everything with them that wasn't nailed down when they got outta dodge. So it's sparsely furnished with modern-style furnishings only because it's what this family of five took with them when they left an apartment in Seoul. For some reason that's an important distinction I want to make: the house isn't just hanok-style to be pretty. Its history is important!!

And not just because it's being haunted by a demon.