Final

Why Don't You Marry Me Instead?

“Dragon Shack”.

I don’t know why, but it sounds like a house full of dragon potatoes to me. And there’s no such thing as dragon potatoes. I know.

And I also don’t know why my father would name the new bar like that.

I mean, it’s dumb! And how am I supposed to explain to my friends? That my father is a crazy old man who is crazy enough to name the new bar "Dragon Shack"? Well, it's partially right that my father is a crazy old man, but still! He's my father. I don't want to be cut off from my father will of inheritance.

And I don't want to lose this bar either. I just start my career as a businessman after 5 years of slavery under my so-called crazy old man. He finally gave one of his resort hotel to me after what seems like eternity, and I don't want to lose it just because I called him crazy. No. Nuh-huh. Never.

Long story short, here I am. At the launching party of the new bar. At the beach near the hotel building where the new is supposed to be. But why don’t we party at the bar? Because the beach is way more fun. Beach party is always the best, you know. With the babes, and the booze, and the babes. Did I mention babes? Oh yeah, I did.

Unfortunately, though, I’m not interested in any of the babes. You could say that I’m way more interested in the guys than the babes.

And this is also why my father decided that the launching party should be held at the beach. So I can get better chances to find a guy to marry. You’re 27, Sehun, get your own Mr. Right, and marry him, he said. Well, I’m really thankful I have such an understanding father—he didn’t even look up from his newspaper when I told him I was gay—but, please, I’m just 27! I still have a lot of time to have fun before I settle down with my Mr. Right.

That’s why I am now making my way to the center of the party, where everybody’s technically grinding against whoever against them, heading to the DJ, Zhang Yixing a.k.a Lay.

I walk to the booth, and shout-talking loudly to him.

“Yo! Lay! Said you got a date for me! Where is he?!”

Yixing rids his headphone from his ear for a moment to shout back. “Too late man! Said date already making out with Chanyeol!” He points to the side of the dance area where Chanyeol, another friend of mine—my bestfriend actually—is currently making out with a raven-haired guy. Quite intensely, I might add.

Well, him then. He stole my date.

“! Why didn’t you tell me?!!” I’m already heading out of the DJ booth before Lay can even answer my question. Furiously, I make my way to the bar, elbowing some people on the dance floor on my way there—some of it are accidentally, and some of it are totally on purpose, I guess. But who cares?

“Aw!! Hey, what the hell man?!!” Oh, correction. This guy does care.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to. I kind of didn’t see you since you’re wearing all black... Why are you wearing an all black outfit anyway?” Dumb question ever. Why would I care about what he wears?

“So?! You got a problem with that?? You got a problem with me wearing all black?!”

“Whoa, chill, dude. No, no, I don’t have a problem with your outfit, really. Just curious, I guess.” Damn, this man is scary. And why is he angry like that anyway?

“Well, save your curiousity to yourself then, man. I’m in no mood to talk about fashion.”

When he’s about to leave, I pull his elbow and he almost falls down because of it. Well, I’m curious, you know. Why he is so angry like that. I know it’s not my place to in to other’s business, but this is my party! Everybody has to have fun. I was about to do that earlier, but a certain bestfriend stole my date. Okay fine, let’s go back to the man. He’s all red right now.

“Okay, seriously, man!! What the is your problem?!!”

“Whoa, whoa! Sorry! Seriously. You see, this is my launching party, and I just want everybody to have fun. But you look like you’re about to murder someone. So, talk to me. What is your problem?”

“What are you? A high school counselor? Why would you want to know about my problem?”

“Why not?? Like I said, this is my party and I want everybody to have fun. No grumper allowed here.”

He’s silent. For a moment. Before he grab my elbow and drag me to a much, much quieter area, outside the party circle.

“If you so desperately want to know about my problem, might as well we go to a quieter place. I was about to go there, but then you elbowed me and you got me all furious.”

“Sorry.”

We finally reach the most quiet place at the beach, and he abruptly stops and drops my arm. He slowly turns to me and looks at me murderously in the eyes.

Wait, what if he’s a murderer? And he’ll murder me because I got him mad and all and... Oh my god! You are such a moron, Oh Sehun!! What if he’s here to kill me instead?!

“Alright, first, I’m going to introduce myself. My name is Kim Jongin. I’m 27 years old. I work as a columnist at the local newspaper. Second, I was going to propose my boyfriend earlier today but instead, I found him having with 2 guys in his apartment and one of the guys happened to my best, best friend.

“Then I moped around for hours before I found out about this party from my other best friend, Baekhyun—who had a date tonight but dumped his date to make out with a giant on the other side of this beach, just outside the dance circle. Some guy named... Chanyeol? I think? I don’t know, and I don’t care. So, I was left by myself and I was still angry and I just need some time alone and some booze to console my heart—I know it’s sappy, but it’s true. But then you ruined it and seriously, what the heck is your problem?”

... He’s done talking? Oh, well. It’s a long, long story I think I fell asleep in between. He’s such a storyteller.

“Okay, my turn. My name is Oh Sehun, nice to meet you, Jongin, by the way. We’re the same age and I own this resort hotel. It’s my 27th birthday gift. My birthday is on April 20th, of course you don’t need to know that. What the heck is my problem, you ask?

“Well, apparently, your bestfriend, Baekhyun was supposed to be my date tonight, but before I even met him, I found him already eating Chanyeol’s face up in the exact place you explained to me just now. That’s why I was moping and elbowing some annoying drunkens—and you, I’m sorry for that. Actually, my father wants me to find my Mr. Right and propose to him and marry him right away—another reason why I’m here. But then I found myself talking to you. Here, in a... very scary place... You’re not a murderer, right?”

The man, Jongin, laughs out loud. Like, really loud.

“Hahaha!! I’ve told you I’m a columnist! I’m not a murderer.”

Then, we’re just being... silent. Before Jongin makes a move and dove his right hand into his front right pocket.

And pulls out a velvet box.

“You’re not going to propose to me because of my father or because you’re desperate, right?”

“Hahaha! Of course not! Why would I? You’re not even my type. I might be gay, but I always set my standard high, and you’re definitely not my type. Thanks, but no, thanks.”

“Then what are you going to about it?”

“Actually, I was about to throw it to the sea, but the I think it would be such a waste of money because this goddamn thing costs me a year of my salary.” He goes silent again. Suddenly, he reach out to grab my hand and place the box on my palm. What the?

“Tell you what, go marry someone. With that kind of ring, either man or woman will beg you to marry them. Good luck, man.”

He gets up and says good bye to me, and goes back to the party. Only to bump into some petite figured guy... Is that my secretary, Kyungsoo??

“He is one lucky man.” I mumbled to myself, and goes back to focus on the box in my hand. I open the lid slowly, and almost faint seeing the ring inside.

Does Jongin not know that the ring he gave away to me costs almost 5 million won?? Is he crazy or something??

I snap my head to the direction where Joing was at earlier, and see him right at where he was earlier. But now he has a glass of some alcohol, I think, and definitely flirting with my secretary.

Seriously, what kind of a columnist is he to able to afford this kind of ring??

I smile to myself as I put the ring into my inner pocket of my jacket and head back to the still-going-on-hard party. Well, I have to pay Yixing twice his usual payment because I think he’ll have to keep playing till sunrise.

I make my way to the bar, with a new purpose to hit on some guy and propose to him, only to bump to another stranger just before I reach the bar. And some dude just sat down on the last chair. Well, there goes my seat. And to make things worst, the stranger accidentally spills whatever inside his glass to my favorite shirt!

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!!”

That’s when I look up, and see the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.

“God, I’m so stupid! I didn’t see where I was going. I’m really sorry!”

That is the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard. And, no, no, you’re not stupid, my head reasons.

“I-It’s fine. It’s alright. It’s just a shirt. Still can buy another one...” I’m blabberring in front of the most beautiful person in the world—and possibly my potential Mr. Right. What the heck is wrong with me??

“No, it is not fine! Here, let me clean it,” he says. Then he grab a napkin from the bar and start wiping my soaked shirt. And, heaven, his touches are very soft and gentle...

Or, I’m probably not making any sense right now.

“It’s okay, I’m fine. Seriously.”

He stops wiping and looks up at me, smiling an apologetic smile.

“Well, at least I can buy you a drink? Wait a second,” He turns around and orders for two beers. He’s not even done ordering yet when I find myself saying,

“Why don’t you marry me instead?”

He turns around, facing me, almost immediately, looking very confused and bewildered. His Bambi eyes staring right through me, as if checking out if I’m kidding.

Well, I’m not kidding, alright.

“You see, a guy named Jongin gave me a 5 million won worth of a ring, for free, because I told him my father has been pestering me to go marry someone as soon as possible because I’m already 27, and I’m supposed to have been married by now—it’s a tradition in my family. And then I saw you—well, bumped into you, and I think, ‘I should marry this guy. No matter what.’ ” I take a breather, and proceed to kneel on one knee, and pull out the velvet box from my jacket pocket. “So, will you marry me?”

“... I beg your pardon?”

“Marry me, whoever you are.”

He goes silent. A minute or two has passed, and my knee starts to hurt.

“... Are you drunk, Mister?”

“Mmm, no, I don’t think so. I barely drank a drop since I got here like an hour ago. So, I’m positive, as hell, not drunk.” I explain optimistically.

He sighs. “I don’t even know you. Why would I want to marry someone I barely know?”

“Well, first thing first, my name is Oh Sehun. I own this resort hotel over there, which is where this new bar is located, which also means I’m technically the owner of this bar.”

You know what he does when I finished introducing myself? He smiles. He. Freaking. Smiles.

“You’re so cute, Sehun.”

And he calls me cute!! God, I love him already!

“But I can’t just accept your proposal.” Hearing his answer,I stand up abruptly. What?? What does he mean by that??

“Why not??”

“Do you even know who I am?” I shake my head no. “That’s one of the reason I can’t just say yes to your proposal.”

“B-B-But...”

“We’re not even dating each other.”

And that lights up the bulb in my head. “Be my boyfriend then.”

He laughs at it.

“Why are you laughing??”

“God, Sehun. You’re one persistent boy, you know that?”

“I know for a fact that I am.”

“And childish too.”

“Hey. That, I am not. Not even a bit.”

Then he laughs again. Wait. When did we become this close that he’s laughing at my childish retorts?

“See? We’re getting there. I’m laughing at your childish retorts, you’re being defensive about it.”

Is he a psychic? How does he know what I’m thinking?

“Are you a psychic? That’s what I’m thinking,”

“Guess we’re a match, then.”

He smiles at me. This time it’s more sincere than the mocking smile he threw earlier. And I smile back at him.

I feel like kissing him. Seriously.

“Well, if you can’t marry me yet, will you be my boyfriend?”

He purses his lips cutely—everything about him is cute, by the way—pretends to consider my offer.

“What if I kiss you instead and you can figure it out yourself.”

He grabs my jacket and pull me in to him. He looks at my eyes and my lips, back and forth, with a smirk on his face. My hands instinctively wrap around his lean waist. And when our lips met, I’m glad he spilled his drink on my shirt. Because it triggers me to marry him.

God, I seriously want to marry this man.

The kiss was chaste and short, but when he pulls back, my lips lean in for more. I don’t want his lips to leave just yet. I just want to kiss him all day and night.

He looks at me, smiling bright. And I look back at him, smiling just as bright.

“So?” he asks.

My smile got brighter at the thought of my answer. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

I pull him in to me again, with a smile on my face—and his too, to kiss him some more, and promise to myself to marry him someday.

Jesus Christ, my father would jump around the house in joy when I told him about this.

><

EPILOGUE

“You know, I never really know your name. Mind to tell me?”

“It’s Luhan.”

I spurt my drink when I hear his answer. Did he say Luhan?

“Luhan? Like, Luhan the doctor prodigy of Lu Hospital? You became a heart surgeon at the age of 25! Are you sure??”

“Ofcourse. You’ve never seen me before? And thanks for the compliment by the way,”

“I’ve only heard your name but never got the chance to see you.”

“And when you actually see me, you suddenly knelt down and propose to me. That was very surprising to me , since no one ever dare to do that to me.”

“Well, that’s one point to add right?”

“Yeah, to your stupidity meter.”

“I am stupid, alright. Stupidly in love with you.”

“Already? Gosh, you’re unbelievable,”

“But you love me right?”

“Whatever, Sehun. Hey, who did you say you got the ring again?”

“A guy named Kim Jongin. Why?”

“Really? I bet you don’t know who is he either.”

“He said he’s a columnist.”

“He said that??”

“Yeah. Why, you know him?”

“You’ll be surprised if I tell you.” He sips his beer before he tells me. “He’s my step-brother.”

I spurt my drink again, and look at him in major surprise.

“You’re kidding me?!”

“Ofcourse not. Why would I? God, you’re so cute looking so surprised like that.” he says, and pecks my lips.

“Luhan, Luhan. Is there anything else about you that I don’t know?”

“A lot, Sehun. But you got all the time in the world to get to know me. And me to get to know you.”

We kiss for the nth time again tonight. And again. And again. And then we laugh at each other, then we kiss again. Until,

“But, seriously though, Lu. You can’t just marry me, like, tomorrow? Because I really, really want to marry you. Even tomorrow, or right now. Seriously?” I ask him again. But he just rolls his eyes and walks away from me.

“Luhan? Luhan?! Marry me please!!”

From afar, I can hear him shouting, “You are unbelievable, Sehun!!”

><

A/N : HAHAHAHA!! I'M CRAZY!! English Lit makes me crazy. I know it's a mess, so comment so I can write better. My lecturer is coming so I'm actually in a rush right now. Bye. And no Kaisoo spin-off. I want to tho.