First Kiss

First Kiss - L.Joe

Eight friends, five days off, and a breathtaking lake side cabin; was the perfect setting for some Spring Break fun. It was the evening of the third and final day of your stay and in the morning all of your friends and you would head home and get back to the piles of homework that were waiting for you. Yet right now you were sitting on a wooden standing swing that was cozy for two people but you were swinging alone.

Listening to the squeaking of the swing, the lapping of the lake water against the shore, and the clinking of horseshoes made you feel at ease as you took a deep breath and just let everything be forgotten in the moment.

The sun began to drop slowly in the sky as you watched your surroundings change along with the light as the clinking of the horseshoes stopped as you heard your friends chatter as they walked back up to the rather large cabin that all of you were sharing. Crickets began to come out just like the other nocturnal bugs. A soft owl’s hoot was heard in the distance as the vibrant colors jetted across the sky. 

Looking out across the lake, the sunset was being reflected on the placid water below as the moon began to rise to take its turn in the sky, to watch over the world below. Slowly all of the owners of the cabins surrounding began to retreat into their homes as the Turning around seeing your friends all dancing and spending one more night together, making all of their worries wash away with the good times and the pounding of the music made you smile as you looked back at the beautiful fading sunset as you took in another deep breath of the cooling air.

Rocking back and forth, your feet kept its slow pace keeping the swing moving as crickets started their nightly serenade. Looking back to the water, you just smiled as you mind turned to the wonderful times that you have shared with your friends over the past few days. Tubing, boating, water skiing, jet skiing, swimming, laughing, playing games and just hanging out with everyone; wanting to record your vacation, just to rewatch the relaxing time over and over again until you had it in your memory forever.

L. Joe was up at the cabin, out on the wrap around porch, he leaned on the railing looking over the lake as his eyes wondered down to the slow swinging standing swing as he squinted his eyes to see who it was. A smile grew across his face as he felt the air get cooler, grabbing a blanket he slowly made his way down to where you were on the swing.

Slowing his pace, he walked up to the side legs of the swing as your eye caught him and turned to face him as you gave him a little smile.

"Enjoying the night are we?" He asked as he smiled, you stopped the swing momentarily as he sat down and both of you began to swing again.

"It’s too beautiful up here, I don’t think I want to leave." You admitted shyly as he smiled.

"It is, but there is something that is more beautiful than all of this, someone that I get to see everyday." He smiled at you as his fingers played with the fringe on the edge of the blanket. Looking over at him you tilted your head cutely as he blushed and smiled letting out a soft chuckle.

"Who are you talking about?" You giggled as he shook his head not wanting to tell you.

"You" He breathed softly as you heard his soft words, smiling to yourself as you took in the panoramic view.

The song of the crickets, owls and the lapping of the waves filled the silence between the two of you.

"I-I brought this for you, so that you wouldn’t be cold." He said as he outstretched his hand that held the blanket as you smiled down at it.

"Thank you." You said unfolding and laying the blanket over your lap.

The bright stars became more prominent against their black canvass as the full moon kept the mood outside a little dark but romantic. Taking in another deep breath, your fingers played with the fringe as L.Joe moved his arm to the back of the swing as his head was pointed in the direction of the lake but he was looking at you secretly.

The sound of the bass, from the party behind you, was turned down as the houses around you began to turn off their lights as the lake’s water began to reflect the moon and the stars above. Fish jumped occasionally getting you to smile while you looked over at L.Joe. Your eyes caught his shoulders gently shaking as you saw goosebumps on his skin. Sliding over, closer to him, on the swing, you lifted the blanket as you unfolded it once more as you placed the blanket on his lap and yours as he looked at you with big eyes as they quickly relaxed.

"Thank you" He said with a half smile as you slipped off your shoes, folding your legs underneath you as he kept the swing gently moving forward and back.

Moving your eyes up his stomach to his chest then to his neck, his eyes were waiting for yours. A small smile on his face and his eyes began to capture yours as you felt your heart beat faster in your chest as your stomach tightened. Moving your eyes around his face slowly, they seemed to stop when they came to his eyes as both of you began to move in. Tilting your head to one side and his to the other, both of you stopped as you looked back up at his eyes as your eyes gently closed at the same time as his. Feeling your lips touch his, it was magical, warm and perfect, they moved over yours smoothly yet slowly as you felt him turn into you and place the palm of his hand on your cheek, as his cool touch sent a rush of heat to your cheeks. Feeling yourself move closer to him, his other hand wrapped around your waist as your hands slowly moved up to his chest as you slowly gripped the t shirt that he was wearing.

The kiss stopped for a moment as he pulled away slightly, yet still being able to feel his warm breath on your lips, your eyes opened slowly to look at his beautiful brown orbs. His eyes looked down at your lips as you smiled and both of you moved the few centimeters and kissed each other again. 

Both of you didn’t hold onto the second kiss as long as you pulled away from him. Your eyes opened to his as his beautiful eyelashes fanned out framing his eyes perfectly. His hand lifted and tucked some hair behind your ear as you smiled, while blushing.

An idea came into your mind as you smiled and rested your head on his shoulder as he looked down at you and smiled. Wrapping his arm around your shoulders, his fingers gently danced on your skin as he drew on your soft skin as both of you rocked in the swing under the perfect moonlit night.