The Winning Team: Ice Dragons

The Winning Team

WC: 1461

-

Jongdae narrows his eyes at the wall in front of him that was scribbled with the words 'Ice Dragons' written in dark blue spray paint. That ing gang the Ice Dragons thought they owned ing Seoul when in fact it was Jongdae's gang, The Scorpion Kingz, who did, they weren't called the kings for nothing.

Popping off the top to his can of bright orange spray paint Jongdae crosses out both the words Ice and Dragons and covering everything in thick orange lines of 21 Kingz in all capital letters. The Scorpion Kingz would know that specifically that would be Jongdae who marked the wall but the other gang would only recognize that Scorpion Kingz just invaded their turf.

Gang wars were common, mostly in Seoul, it was a very small area that meant so much more if one were to have it, if you had Seoul you were worshipped and anyone who can mark the territories in Seoul and run enough gangs away from their spot meant they owned it. Much like the Ocean Park gang who was known for literally tossing salt water at anyone who came at them the wrong way; at first that tacit had been looked upon as childish and foolish until it was found out that the reason they did that was because their leader, The Phoenix, had shot someone in the head and dumped the body in the exact same ocean they get the salt water from. Throwing the water sent the message of "You could be drowning in this water if you're not careful". After that was figured out many gangs began to back off and tried to take over Seoul instead. Many have failed, and many meant the majority. Only the Ice Dragons and Scorpion Kingz have been battling for Seoul now, stopping tons of other gangs in their tracks before they even managed to graffiti a wall.

The leader of the Ice Dragon's is their Ice Prince, their current and main territory is Daegu where all the underground organized crimes are. They have created a name for themselves even as being a former branch of a underground organization. The Scorpion Kingz are a street based group; made by the streets for the streets and as such they own the streets. Jongdae is not their leader but he is a part of the gang and therefore he has to do the grunt work like marking territories and crossing out other gangs logos spay painted on walls.

Jongdae finishes graffiting the 'z' on the wall before he hears a loud yell of "Hey! What the are you doing!" And the man is wearing a pale blue bandana around his mouth hiding most of  his face along with a complete all white outfit of a white sweat jacket with the hoodie up and white oversized jeans but Jongdae knows by the color of the bandana alone that he is apart of the Ice Dragons. He pulls out a gun-Jongdae can’t see why type of gun it is but its definitely a real gun- and Jongdae knows he should have brought Luna with him to be lookout but now isn't the time. He pulls up his black and orange face mask and puts his black hoodie up and runs for his life away from the man holding a gun.

Jomgdae is still running after he hears a gunshot even though it sounds far away, he has a feeling the person isn’t too close to him but his heart is still beating loudly in his ears. This isn't the first time he's been confronted like this but its still scary to have a gun pointed at you and not be armed yourself but it was 3:14 am and Jongdae didn't think anyone would be awake at this time of night(or day) to catch him. He runs behind a small mandu shop and cris-crosses his way through the back streets before coming from behind a tiny coffee shop and running through Hongdae, passing and squeezing by the late night shoppers and the occasionally drunk business man roaming the streets before he slows down to calmly step into a seven/eleven and waits for things to cool down before he goes back to headquarters.

He sends a text to both Luna and Kai that a Ice Dragon foot solider tried to shoot him but he managed to run away to the seven/eleven near Hongdae by that one hat store.

Jongdae ends buying some ramyun and eats it inside at a small table as he waits for Kai or Luna or even both to arrive. By the time he finishes eating he hears the door open and a small boy enters and Jongdae readies himself to ignore him because Kai is taller than him and Luna is a girl. But what does catch his attention is that the boy is dressed in all white and has a pale blue bandana tied around his head and Jongdae knows that color combination any where. The boy turns around to go through the isles it looks like but he stops and right away spots Jongdae sitting near the windows. It looks like the first thing he notices on Jongdae is the black and orange face mask, not to mention Jongdae is dressed in head to toe in the color exactly opposite from his.

He then moves and go towards where Jongdae is sitting. "Scorpion King?" The boy dressed in all white says as he gets closer to Jongdae and Jongdae quickly pulls up his black and orange mask more up on his face before he nods. The boy looks way younger than Jongdae and now he doesn't feel as intimidated by the enemy.

"Yeah, what’s it to you?" Jongdae spits back, his words only a bit muffled by his mask.

"I'm the Ice Prince and it is my job to get rid of punks who try to mess with whats mine." Jongdae raises his eyebrow at the others title.

"You're the Ice Prince?” He says in almost disbelief. “I don't believe it." Jongdae says with a scoff as he stands up, expecting to at the very least tower over the boy in front of him but it turned out that they matched in height, maybe Jongdae wasn't as tall as he had thought. The so called Ice Prince looks Jongdae up and down before he lets out a scoff of his own and shoves his hand in the front pocket of his baggy white sweat jacket. He reveals a gun- a compact semi-automatic pistol- before placing the tip of it to the temple of Jongdae's head.

"Believe me now?" Jongdae freezes on the spot and already started sweating under his own black baggy clothes. With a simple nod Jongdae believed, not even a foot soldier would have enough guts to bring out an open in the middle of a convenience store. The foot soldiers had a higher chance of getting caught than the gang bosses, they wouldn't dare further their chances of going to jail. The boy chuckled. "ing Scorpion Kingz think they're so ing bad when their ing runts don't even carry a gun with them." Jongdae so desperately wanted to retaliate and tell this son of not to insult the Scorpion Kingz name but then he remembered he had a gun to his head and immediately kept his mouth shut. "I could shoot you right now, straight in the head." He continued to laugh and Jongdae felt himself on the verge between throwing up and crying or both. Or even pissing himself, he had seen situations like this in movies before and would have never guessed he'd be in one.

"But I won't." He then adds. "You roaches take everything to seriously, I really only need to take down your King Scorpion Joonmyeon, right-" Jongdae flinches at the name, how does this boy know The King Scorpion by his real name?

"You worthless gangster punks! Get the hell out of my store!" The manager shouted and the Ice Prince removs his gun from the side of Jongdae's head and pointed it towards the manager who was rushing over to the two gangsters.

"Step off. Don't call the police and you'll have a job to come to tomorrow." His voice was cold and his finger moved to the trigger just barely making the move to pull it back, his threat was not empty. "Besides I don't have any more time to waste on this pathetic excuse for a rival." Before he left the store he turned towards Jongdae. "But let me know when you want to play on the winning team."

And with that he left the store and Jongdae was eventually kicked out too.

-
I know it's short, if i ever finish the full version i will post it. Hope you enjoyed though. c: