1/1

Me Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

mewithoutyou

 

 

Taehyung was bored to the core since there was nothing to do in class. He slumped his head on the table as he watched the clock’s hands tick. He puffed his cheeks, unaware of what else to do. He started to close his eyes but opened it again as he heard a classmate of his shout in joy.

 

 

“Mr. Jung has been late for ten minutes already! This just means one thing!” Minwoo shouted gaining his classmates’ attention.

 

“Oh! We could go home now!” Kwangmin replied in an equal tone of excitement heard in his voice.

 

“Not ‘we’, as in all of us. It’s ‘we’ as in excluding you.” Minwoo replied mockingly.

 

“Wha- Oh.” Kwangmin replied with a pout.

 

“Why do you need to go home with your brother anyway?” Minwoo asked.

 

“I don’t know, my mom just told us that we should go home together. Ugh! Why do I have to wait for him when I could go home two hours before the time!” Kwangmin whined.

 

“That’s life for you, bro.” Minwoo chuckled as he got his backpack and stood up.

 

“I’ll be going now guys! Bye!” Minwoo grinned as he went out of the classroom.

 

 

Taehyung slowly rose up from his seat and started to fix his things. Mr. Jung told them before that if ever he doesn’t arrive within ten minutes in his class, they could go home right away since he’s the last period teacher. Since Mr. Jung keeps his promise, the students started to go home one by one. Taehyung wasn’t really in a good condition today which caused his best friend, Jimin, to worry.

 

 

“Taehyung-ah! Are you okay?” Jimin quickly went to Taehyung’s side as soon as he saw the guy stand up from his seat.

 

“Yeah, just a bit dizzy.” Taehyung replied shortly.

 

“Should I send you home?” Jimin asked, but suddenly continued. “Oh never mind, Jungkook would get mad at me.”

 

“Why?” Taehyung looked up to see Jimin giving him a judging look.

 

“He doesn’t want anyone to accompany you home except him.” Jimin frowned after he said those words.

 

“Oh.” Taehyung just blinked at him and resumed to fixing his things again.

 

“Is he really that possessive? Even as your best friend, I can’t go to your house anymore because he’ll surely kill me.” Jimin kept on complaining.

 

“I don’t know, I think that’s normal for him to be that possessive.” Taehyung shrugged as he zipped his bag close.

 

“Normal? No, Kim Taehyung, your boyfriend isn’t normal. And I’m out of here. Bye Taehyung!” Jimin ran to the exit, leaving Taehyung smiling at the direction of the window where he could see some of the tenth grade students on the school grounds.

 

 

Taehyung tried to find Jungkook and fortunately, Jungkook was easy to find since he was also looking at Taehyung’s classroom. Jungkook waved at him from the ground and Taehyung shyly waved back. Jungkook gestured him to come down quickly and Taehyung just nodded and went off.

 

 

---

 

 

Taehyung went down the building only to hear a lot of noise coming from the school grounds. Taehyung was extremely grateful that the classrooms of the eleventh grade students were on the higher floors. If ever they were situated in the ground floor, he was so sure that his head would have exploded from the noise he was hearing.

 

Taehyung hated noise; however, he doesn’t want to hear the eerie silence he hears during periodical exams. He wants it neutral. Taehyung sometimes tells Jimin that he wants a neutral world and Jimin just gives him a look telling him that before the world becomes neutral, Kim Taehyung must become neutral too. Taehyung was given the ‘4D Prince’ title in school since the time he entered middle school.

 

Taehyung decided to just stay by the staircase and listen to the tenth grade students’ performance. There was a competition between the grade ten students that was held in the school grounds. Taehyung wanted to hear Jungkook’s group’s performance before going home. Taehyung just watched everything unfold in the event while he was in the staircase. He could still see it clearly so he decided to stay there.

 

Jungkook has been away for a week since he was practicing for this event. Taehyung understood and just spent the whole week with his best friend. During late nights, Jungkook would call him and ask him what happened during the time he wasn’t with him. Taehyung just smiles and tells him that he spent the day with Jimin and that was enough for Jungkook to get jealous. Taehyung remembers Jungkook telling him to stay away from Jimin since Jimin was dangerous. Taehyung just laughs at this since he finds an over-protective Jungkook, cute.

 

Jimin knew that Jungkook always gets jealous whenever he’s with Taehyung. And since the day that Jungkook and Taehyung got together, Jungkook always gets Taehyung away from him, leaving him alone. That’s why whenever Jimin gets the chance to spend time with Taehyung, he spends it to his fullest since he says that it would be the last time that they’ll be able to spend their time together, because for sure, Jungkook would pop out of nowhere and steal Taehyung away from him again.

 

Taehyung just laughs at his boyfriend and his best friend’s arguments. He knows that Jimin supports their relationship but he just finds it fun to annoy Jungkook. Taehyung knew that and sometimes joins Jimin’s plans in pissing Jungkook off. Jungkook once told Taehyung that if ever the time comes that he’s going to burst because of Jimin, he’ll surely kill him without mercy.

 

Taehyung smiled as he remembered those moments and leaned to the wall by his side. He closed his eyes as he listened to the grade ten students singing. He was sure that it wasn’t Jungkook’s group just yet since he knew that Jungkook was the vocalist of the group and Taehyung knew Jungkook’s voice so well.

 

Taehyung has no idea what Jungkook’s group was going to perform since Jungkook always changes the topic whenever he asks what they’ll be performing. Taehyung just glares at him but quickly smiles again as he continues to talk to his boyfriend about the new topic that Jungkook opened up.

 

 

“Good afternoon everyone, we’re from Class B. And actually, we’re not a contestant. We just wanted to perform as an intermission number so here we are. We hope that you’ll enjoy this song.” A man said through the microphone which caused Taehyung’s eyes to snap open. He was right, it was Jeon Jungkook, he was standing in front of the microphone stand and yes, he was in the middle. And he was smiling at Kim Taehyung’s direction.

 

 

Jungkook looked back at his other group mates as he nodded his head. After five seconds or so, the strumming of the guitar was heard and Jungkook grinned as he looked at Taehyung again. Taehyung smiled back at him. Taehyung just smiled as he recognized the familiar song that Jungkook’s classmate was playing.

 

He remembered listening to the song when he was on the bus. The song was played in the radio on the bus when the two were going to school. On that day, Taehyung said ‘yes’ to Jungkook. Taehyung didn’t know that Jungkook remembered the song because Jungkook wasn’t really the guy who remembers these kinds of things.

 

 

I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad

 

 

Jungkook smiled at him.

 

 

Oh all I wanna do is grow old with you

 

 

Taehyung melted as he heard Jungkook’s soft voice singing. He wanted to punch the guy square in the face for giving him that teasing smile. Jungkook continued to sing, but he never removed his gaze from Taehyung. Taehyung just sat at his place with a blushing face.

 

 

I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches

Build you a fire if the furnace breaks

Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

 

I’ll miss you, kiss you

Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you, feed you

Even let you hold the remote control

 

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink

Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink

I could be the man who grows old with you

I wanna grow old with you

 

 

Applause was heard from the crowd as Jungkook finished singing. Jungkook bowed to the audience as he shot a smile towards Taehyung. Taehyung just pouted at him causing Jungkook to chuckle slightly. Jungkook noticed Taehyung’s flushed face and he was happy that he accomplished his mission. He was planning on making Taehyung embarrassed since an embarrassed Taehyung is adorable. Jungkook knew that Taehyung gets embarrassed whenever he does things like this.

 

 

“Since we only have limited time, this would be the last song that we’re going to play. I hope you enjoy this song.” Jungkook announced through the microphone.

 

 

And when Jungkook said 'you', he was only talking to one person, and that was Kim Taehyung.

 

As they started to play, Taehyung’s curiosity flickered. He never heard the song before. Taehyung started to listen as he hugged his backpack which was placed on his lap. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and he was still looking at him too.

 

 

No, I don't understand

How I held it together

Before I could hold your hand

 

And I can't, I can't recall

If I knew who I was before

You knew me flaws and all

 

Whoa, feels like a lifetime ago oh,

And do you know

 

 

Taehyung smiled as he listened to the lyrics. Jungkook could really be sweet at times. Well, most of the time and Taehyung just enjoys the moment whenever Jungkook decides to act all mushy with him. It isn’t a rare occasion for them, but whenever that happens, Taehyung feels as if it’s the first time all over again.

 

 

Who did I used to be?

How was there ever me without you?

Don't want to ever be without you

Without you, me without you

 

Baby I can't believe

I ever lived or breathed without you

Don't let me ever be without you

Without you, me without you

 

 

Jungkook started to walk down the stage and Taehyung lost Jungkook through the mass of people in front of him. Taehyung gave up in finding him since it would be impossible. He could still hear Jungkook’s voice, so that’s alright. He closed his eyes as he listened to the melodic voice he was hearing.

 

 

Lost at sea, I found your shore

And I can't crumble back to the man

That I was before

You're all I am, I'm only this

Since my world was reset

For the better at our first kiss

 

 

Taehyung blushed as soon as he heard the last line. He could sense Jungkook smirking while singing that part. It wasn’t really a beautiful memory since Taehyung was embarrassed out of his wits during that time.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter