That Day

Find Her

Eunji

 

Today, is my first day of High School. Big Hit high…the school where that event took place.

 

I’m making my way to Oppas School since he forgot his packed lunch that I made him. I wish he would remember things better; I mean he is in High School now. I’m nine and I have more responsibility than him…ridiculous right? Once I entered the school I made my way for the courtyard where Oppa usually sits with Yoongi-Oppa and Seokjin-Oppa. I sat and waited for the bell to ring but, Jung Tammi, Oppas ex-girlfriend, and her group spotted me and started coming over.

“Oh, look its Eunji…that bastard’s sister.” She snarled at me as she poked my forehead roughly.

“Leave me alone Tammi.” I whispered; I’m terrified of this girl. She vowed that Oppa would pay for breaking up with her…please bell RING!

“YAH!”

I looked at her, surprised by her outburst.

“What?”

“Aish…yah, how dare you not listen to your Eonni.”

I stood up.

“I don’t show respect to people who don’t deserve it.”

I turned and started to walk away when…

 

I put my skirt on as I remember the next events.

 

Tammi grabbed my wrist and pinned me to the ground. Well, there goes Oppas lunch. I fought back as she grabbed my hair, scratched, and slapped me. I finally pushed her off me and started to stand up when I was hit in the head with something.

 

I tucked in my shirt as I started to feel scratches.

 

I fell to the ground, my vision blurry, and looked up to see Tammi hovering above me with a piece of wood in her hands. She hit me again but, this time in the leg then the stomach. When I thought I was going to be hit again I heard the wood drop; I took the time to feel my head. Blood, the crimson liquid felt sticky between my fingers. Then I heard a voice.

“Op-pa.” I wheezed out almost inaudible.

“So ing loud.”

I tried to pry my eyes open to see who it was. A girl in street clothing, with a backpack,  smoking a cigarette, peered over the balcony ledge on the second floor. She started her way towards us and Tammi’s friends looked scared.

jeans-korea-denim-loose-straight-caniste

I put on my socks and blazer as the vivid picture of my angels face flashed over.

 

“Yah, this is none of your business.” Tammi yelled at her but, the girl just walked right past her, cigarette in hand, and helped me up.

“What did you say you’ll do…kill her?”

Tammi stood her ground though shaking a little; she still managed to choke out a laugh.

“Yah, step aside…I doubt you want that perfect face of yours to get messed-

Next thing I knew this girl, my angel, through her cigarette at Tammi’s face. Tammi fell on the ground screaming while, her friends ran off. Angel kicked Tammi in the stomach and grabbed the same piece of wood that Tammi hit me with. She swung hit back but, I grabbed it.

“NO! Please! Miss! Please!” I pleaded; she looked back at me and dropped the piece of wood. She squatted down to where Tammi lays and whispered something I didn’t hear. Angel got up, looked at me, and left; I took the hint and left as well. I stopped in my tracks. I never said thank you or got her name. I will find her again. Stranger…you’re the female version of a prince…but, to be creative you’re…an angel.

I left the house and started my walk to school, thinking about that day. It’s been exactly six years since that day happened; I always go to that place and eat lunch…thinking what would’ve happened to me if Angel wasn’t there. As I entered the school it seems as if everybody stopped to stare at me…oh wait…that’s exactly what they’re doing. I’m pretty much a loner here…no one likes me. Except Jungkook-Oppa.

 

*I heard there was some confusion for the facts of this story so I just wanted to clear them up...She was bringing her brothers forgotten lunch to school. She's in elementary school so she had to sneak onto her brothers high school campus while waiting for her brother at the usual place she knows that her brother likes to eat at school. She is then confronted by her brother's psycho ex-girlfriend.*