chapter 1

i see fire

What? Why is it so dark? Why do I have such a headache? Ah.. I whined and touched my head. I sat up, I’ll never drink so much again in my life it thought. Wake up my tall elf the sun has risen! My mom came in and opened the curtains. Ah! I yelled and closed my eyes. Mom! Think of me too please! I have a major headache and you just open the curtains! I yelled at her. My mom scoffed and hit my leg. It’s your own fault you bum, if it hurts so much you shouldn’t have drank that much yesterday!  She said. Now, come out of your room and eat you soup. I stood up and washed my face before coming out of my room. Mom! Did you ma- Ouch! I rubbed my head. For the nth time I hit my head against the ceiling. Chanyeol! For nth time! You should duck in this house, you’re not living with your daddy in goody goody elf land my mom said. Yeah,yeah I scoffed.

Let me explaine, my mom lives in the hills, in those small houses in a small village. The people here are small too. My mom comes from the protected city Pilan, she met my dad there and had a baby together, and  that was me. My dad was an elf, when I got older my dead moved northwarth from the city, to what my mother calls, goody goody elf land. My mom moved southwarth from the city, to the hills. My dad took me with him, because that would be better for me, because we elfs are tall people and they couldn’t risk anything. But when my dad went chasing for food, he never returned, no-one knows if he’s dead or not. But I’m not highly accepted there, since the small can’t have a baby with the bigs, that would make weak and small people. It’s highle forbidded to do that. So I moved to the hills, were my mom lives, it was a dangerous journey but it was worth it. The smalls are  more accepting than the big ones. The welcomed me with a open heart. Since then I live here. It’s been over 8 years since I live here.

Chanyeol over here! My friend kyungsoo yelled. I runned to him. What’s up? I asked him. Look over there kyungsoo pointed at the the big stall of meat in it. Meat is very expensive here, it’s only for the rich. I my lips. Let’s take it I said. No are you crazy, we’ll get in trouble! Kyungsoo said. Then we heard some noise from in the stall. Duck! Kyungsoo said. We hid behind the big wheelbarrow.  ‘Come on’ kyungsoo tiptoed away from the wheelbarrow.  I nodded in ancipation. ‘let’s just get some, we may get in trouble but it’s all worth it.’ I whispered. Kyungsoo hestitated but eventually nodded. I laughed and high-fived him. ‘if we can reach those barrels, and hide behind them, we can grab the meat without trouble’ kyungsoo said. I nodded. On three I said. ‘one’  ‘two’ ‘three’ I said. I quietly runned to the barrels with the luck not getting caught. ‘come, come’ I whispered to kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked around and checked if the man wasn’t looking.  He quietly run to me and exhaled softly. ‘since you’re smaller than me, you grab the meat’ is whispered. He sighed ‘fine, fine.’  When kyungsoo was ready to grab the meat we heard a man scraping his troath. Well, what do we have here? We heard and were lifted up at or hood. We smiled sheepisly. ‘hello mister Jones, have a good day?’ I asked him smiling sheepisly.

Ouch! Mr.jones threw us on the wooden couch. We immediately sat up straight and cleared our troaths.  ‘well, boys.’ Mr. jones was looking at us. ‘what were you guys planning to do?’ he asked us with a scarry grin. ‘nothing mr.jones’ we said looking down. He slammed his hands down the table. ‘don’t lie!’ he yelled really hard. ‘I hate lying people, if it wasn’t illegal, you guys would be baked and sold already’ he said angry. ‘we’re sorry mr.jones’ we said again.  Mr.jones wanted to scold us more till there were yells from outside, it was rather closer too screams. We opened or wooden windows. There was fire, and fighting. The hills were on fire.