Five

The Reason

So guys, here you go. I hope you enjoy the chapter. LIke I mentioned in the story feed (to whoever looked at it anyway haha), I have a modeling audition to go to Saturday, and I was planning on updating the story Saturday, but there's the audition so i'm updating today. So, because of that, it's going to be a tad shorter than what I had intended for it to be so I'm super sorry. *bows*

But, without further aDO, here's chapter five!

ENJOY!~

 

 

Recap

"Mmmm, Kimberly, we have to, mmm, we have to stop before I really lose my mind." Kai tried to say. Kimberly managed to pull off the cardigan he had on, but when she tried going for his undershirt, the door opened before either one had time to pull away. Or to not get caught completely making out by Key. 

Kimberly looked at Key then around the room. "."

Present

Nothing was said for quite some time, but after a while, Kai felt the need to take up for his actions since he was the one that started the whole thing, and got them in trouble. "H-hyung, it was all my fault. I told Kimberly to come in here so I-I could get to know her better." He looked down at his socks in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry.." He mumbled. Key smiled slightly.

"It's fine Kai-ah," He replied. Kai jerked his head up to meet his eyes in shock. This wasn't right. He would usually get scolded by the older whenever he'd do something stupid (like this moment here) but he recieved the opposite. He glanced at Kimberly who was looking at Key, but not as surprised as he was. She was expecting a lecture from him, her knowing his character from London's computer screen back home. Was Key-hyung feeling okay? Did he drink any soju before coming to the dorm? Kai thought. Nevertheless, Key wasn't upset so that was a good thing. Right?

"R-really?" Both Kimberly and Kai said. Key nodded, and his smiled grew. 

"Of course," He noticed their still-shocked expresson, and laughed. "Look," He walked forward, and placed a hand on Kai's shoulder, who flinched involuntarily. "I know you well enough, Kai, that you didn't and don't have any intentions in hurting Kimberly, so why should I be upset? Really, you should be worried about the consequences of going through with this, the both of you," He said, his smile replaced with a stern look that the both shared equally. "Not just from Jonghyun or Taemin or any of the members, but from the CEO. Kai, you know how he feels about dating members of a different group. It may be a new rule, but he expects his kids to follow it. However, if you do decide to break it, I won't tell anyone. Just promise me that you'll be careful, because there's always people watching, and you know how fans can get. If they notice anything skeptical of you two, that'll upbring assumptions which will grab the media's attention then the CEO's attention which will lead to a bunch of questions. And you do not want him questoning you. He will found out the truth, no matter how hard you try to lie around it, he wll find it. So," He began walking back towards the door with his usual smile. "-just be careful you two. Oh, and don't stay in here too long. Soon, someone will notice you two's long absence."

Once the door closed, Kai spoke up but didn't know that Kimberly had something to say also. He blushed a little and let her go first. "Kai, let's just forget this alright? As much as i'm up to breaking the rules, and," She pursed her lips, and ran her hand down his chest. "-messing around with you," She sighed. "-this is something i've always thought of doing. Becoming a celebrity, and performing. Plus, I made a promise to a 13 year old girl. I'm not letting her down, or myself."

He nodded and let out a relieved breath. "Well, you just took the words right out of my mouth. Not up for breaking the rules either to be honest." He let out a nervous chuckled, still keeping in mind what Key had said. The CEO wasn't a very happy camper when it came to one of his children getting in trouble or more importantly, when one of them breaks the rules. He winced just thinking about it. He remembered that one time where Xiumin and Luhan were almost caught making out behind the stage of their first concert. It was scary, but luckily the noona that caught them promised to not say anything, smiled, and went back to what she was previously doing. Kai didn't want to imagine what would've happened if she told the CEO. He winced again. The gates of hell would've opened.

"Kai?" He heard a voice say. He blinked, and looked down at Kimberly.

"Hm?"

She smiled, and punched his arm. "You weren't even listening were you?"

He smirked, and kissed her nose. "What makes you think I wasn't listening? I could've been multi-tasking," He replied.

She smirked back. "Okay, what did I say?"

"......uh..."

"Exactly."

He pouted, and pulled her close to him. She whined, and tried pushing against him. "Kai, I thought we-"

"I know, I know, but it's just a hug," He pulled her back, and looked down at her. "Friends can't hug each other?"

She looked up at him, and shrugged. "I don't know. Can they?"

He chuckled and pulled her back resting his chin on top of her head. "Well we can, and we will."

"How old are you anyway?" She asked him, because besides his amazing height, appearance wise, he looked younger than her.

"20, why?"

Her eye twitched. "You're joking."

His laugh rumbled against her chest causing her to force back a smile. "I'm serious. Are you asking because of how young I look?"

"How are you older than me?...I thought...." She mumbled to herself.

He chuckled again. "How old are you?"

She sighed, already knowing what his response was going to be. "18, but i'm going to be 19 in January."

He smiled. "Finally someone younger than me other than Sehun."

Kimberly rolled her eyes, and squeezed him extra hard causing him to become short of breath. "Whatever, stop talking."

"N-no...problem.." He breathed.


When the two came out of the room, they found out that both groups were in the living room talking, and laughing. They both breathed a sigh of relief and walked in without the rest of them noticing, except for Key who was expecting them to come back out soon. He knew that Kai would do the right thing. He always did in the end. He glanced at Taemin, who was sitting beside him with his arms crossed, playing on his phone. Key smiled. Taemin had taught Kai right. Now, it was time for someone to teach Taemin right.

Kai went, and sat down beside Chanyeol, who was chatting it away with Baekhyun who was barely listening, too distracted by his scarf. He bought it from an European influenced store called Crux that's located somewhere in Seoul (how was he suppose to remember, he went to different stores everyday for different stuff for different people for different reasons). 

Kimberly sat down on the other side of Jonghyun, who didn't seem to notice her, his focus into him, Luhan and Suho's conversation about hats. Not wanting to get in the middle of that boring convo, she decided to pull out her phone, and check her Twitter. Well, it wasn't exactly her phone, it was actually Jonghyun's because she hadn't gotten her celluar service changed yet. She didn't think Jonghyun would mind anyway since he practically left the thing sitting on the edge of her bed from the night before. She guessed he wouldn't miss for one day, or really notice it was gone until they got back to the dorm. Plus, the guy was kind dumb enough for not having a passcode on it.

"Yeah, and it costed me, like, over $9,000 won for the hat. I thought about taking it back because it didn't have the logo on it like I asked for, but-- Kimberly, when did you get back, and why do you have my handphone?" Jonghyun said, one eyebrow raised.

She sat up from her slumped position on the couch, and raised her hand. "Whoa there. One question at a time, please."

He sighed. "Alright, when did you get back?"

"Just a few minutes ago," She answered, still scrolling.

"Where did you go?"

She looked up, and eyed him. "To the...bathroom?"

"But you were gone for-"

"I was fixing my eyeliner." She replied.

"But wasn't your eyeliner just fine before yo-"

"Next question." He had to ask it even though it wasn't one of the questions he had previously thrown at her. He was merely curious, that was it.

He sighed again. "Why do you have my ha-"

"You left it on my bed last night, and went to sleep then forgot to get it this morning so now i'm using because it seemed clear to me earlier that you didn't need it. Anymore questions?"

He smiled a little, and shook his head. "No. That's it." He looked at his phone, and tried to see what she was doing on it. "What are you doing on it anyway?"

Luhan and Suho, figuring Jonghyun wasn't no longer interested in their earlier conversation just formed another one, this time being about jackets, and the newest pair of Suede Classics from the online store, Puma.

Kimberly looked at him with a smirk, and leaned away from him hearing him whine a little. "Nothing. Why are you being so nosy?"

He looked at her crazy, his eyes wide open. "Because you're on my phone."

Kimberly pursed her lips. "Oh, I forgot." She lied.

Jonghyun towered over her a little more, trying his best to see what she was doing on the phone because he had some pretty private things on it that he rather people not see. Kimberly drew her arm more back causing him to lean against her even more. Then, he smirked. He knew a way that would reward him with his phone back. Kimberly, just now understanding his plan tried to run away but as soon as she felt his fingers tickling her sensitive sides, she ruptured out with laughter.

"J-Jonghyun......s-stop..I....oh my god....okay....OKAY!" She felt tears running down her cheeks as she tried pushing him away. He smiled, and stopped then took his phone away from her as she laid there, recovering from an almost near to death experience. "You're such a ing , you know that?"

He smiled. "I know." He looked down at the phone to see her twitter page. He pursed his lips a little. "You were on twitter the whole time?"

She nodded, breathless. He nodded, and went through her page, which she instantly took notice of. She pulled herself up, and tried to snatch it from him but he pulled it back, smirking. "What're you doing?"

Her eye twitched. "Can I at least log out?"

He shook his head no, and kept scrolling through her past tweets. Her cheeks flamed red as she kept trying to reach for the phone. "Jonghyun, I swear to god, I will not hesitate to ing rip out your throat, and-"

"You think i'm cute?" He asked, causing her to stop grasping for the phone. She rose an eyebrow. 

"What?"

He smirked, and showed her the phone. She stared at it with an opened mouth. 

"So, wanna explain this one?"

She blushed fiercely, and tried reaching for the phone, but he pulled it back before she could even touch it."Jonghyun~" She whined, and just settled with covering her face in shame. It was another dare from London back in July . She had to do it, because if she hadn't of London would've told JaeWan that she was cheating on him. Sure, it was fowlplaying, but London wasn't all pink ribbons and bubblegum. She could be a little whenever she wanted to be. However, she would never show that side to Key. Ever. 

Jonghyun smiled, and couldn't help it. The way she whined, the way she blushed, her innocent form. She was so cute. He pulled her into his arms, and wrapped his arms around her small form. "You're so cute, Kim."

She blushed even more, and feebly tried pushing away from him, clearly embarrassed. Plus, she had a thing with personal space. The only reason she didn't try to push away from Kai earlier other than the fact that she thought he was trying kiss her or something was because she was in the mood to be all touchy-feely, but right now she was fragile. Fragile, and embarrassed.

Taemin looked over at the two, feeling his blood boil. He threw one of the pillows beside him at the back of Jonghyun's head, catching the older's attention. "Stop flirtng. We're about to go." He merely said, and stood up.

Key, noticing him stand up reminded him that they had to get going. They had to go see the CEO about Kimberly with her being a new member and all.

Key stood up from the floor from beside Kyungsoo, and stretched. "Well guys, we have to get going. We have an appointment with the CEO about Kimberly, plus we know that you guys have a long day ahead of you tomorrow. Those schedules aren't going to be a frolick in a field of flowers, you know." Key said, trying to mix a little with a very serious topic. EXO's schedules could be described as a train ride to hell because their schedules didn't seem like they would stop. They're always doing something. Whether it was photoshoots, or radio shows, it was something, and that something always made them exhausted or sometimes even pass out. Luckily, throughout those times would be places without cameras. Key always managed to pray for them throughout their own schedules. They needed it.

Kris along with Suho and Luhan stood up, and stretched also. "Yeah, you're right," Suho replied, and yawned. "But it was nice of you guys to let us meet your new member. Little dongsaeng," He pulled Kimberly out of Jonghyun's arms (ignoring his small protests) and hugged her lightly. "It was a pleasure of meeting you Kimberly. You seem like a nice girl hopefully you can come back again, ne?"

She smiled, and hugged him back. "Sure, no problem, and it was great meeting you all too."

He pulled her back, and rubbed her arms. "Kibum-ah didn't tell me how old you were."

"I'm 18."

The room went instantly silent. No one moved, or barely breathed. Everyone was looking right at Kimberly, full-time surprised. She noticed the silence, and the stares. "B-but i'm going to be 19 in January." No one still said anything.

"You're 18? I think you're the youngest out of all of SM's artists. Krystal from F(x) was the youngest Idol in SM, but now......" Baekhyun said.

Luhan ran up to her, completely mind-boggled. "I can't believe it! You must have been really good! Wow! You're probably better than everyone!" He rambled with the cutest smile on his face that she had ever seen.

She shrugged, and rubbed the nape of her neck. "I guess, but I highly doubt it. I just got here so I could still use some more training i'm sure."

Luhan shook his head. "That's not it! You're the youngest Idol in SM, Kim! You're the baby!" He poked her nose. She made a face, and shrugged. 

"Okay, but what's so cool about being the baby of SM?" She asked him, but Kai decided to reply instead.

"You get special treatment, for one. Especially from the CEO," He said, which somehow to him earned himself a pat on the head by Chanyeol.

"He was Lee Soo-Man-sunbaenim's favorite. Hence was because you beat him out." Chanyeol said.

Kimberly rose an eyebrow. "So you're saying i'm his favorite now?"

They all nodded except for Kai who was looking at the floor. Kimberly noticed him, and smiled slightly, then looked back at everyone else. "Well if I do become his favorite then I will kindly decline down and let Kai keep his rightful place. If he was the CEO's favorite first, then that's that. Only Kai can maintain his spot. Who am I to take his spot? One he's rightfully owned?"

Kai looked up at her, and smiled. She nodded back.

Key smiled at the two, then took Kimberly's hand, without noticing Jonghyun and Taemin's piercing glares, and led her to the door. "Well you guys, thanks for letting Kimberly meet you guys. It was really fun, hopefully our schedules will allow us to spend a little more time together, or maybe even go out, Ooo! We could even go shopping because I know this great store that just opened up in Hongd-"

"Bye you guys! See ya next time!" Jonghyun said, and pushed Key along with Kimberly out of the dorm with the rest following as well.


"If you really want one thing, you have to give up on another." - Lee Taemin

 

The knocking of the door was successful in taking Lee Soo-Man out of his pondering thoughts about his artist's schedules and whatnot. He breathed a very hard, and stern 'Come in', and behind the door revealed just the group he was anxious to see. Well, to be even more specific than that, it revealed just the member he was anxious in seeing. Not that the rest of them didn't know that already anyway.

"Ah, SHINee! Just the group i've been dying to see all day!" He said, looking right at Kimberly with one of the biggest smiles the group's ever seen from the powerful man. "Ah, come in, come in!" He waved them all in as the door was short softly behind them. Each of them sat down according to age right in front of his desk, and didn't say a word. As usual. They didn't speak unless they were told to. That's how they were always taught. Except for Kimberly, of course. Key forgot to tell her that important detail.

"Nice office you've got here big man," She said, looking around the office in awe. "To be perfectly honest, i'd say you've got a room here instead of an office."

Even London didn't talk unless told other wise. She had seen enough, and read enough online to know what to do, and SM's policies. However, they found out that that little detail didn't really matter to the CEO.

Lee Soo-Man smiled softly, and nodded. "Indeed, Ms. Stevens. This must be the friend you brought along?"

Kimberly nodded, and swung an arm around the brunette with a small smile. "Yes sir. She's been pretty quiet today, but I guess she's still shocked that I picked her to come with me."

Lee Soo-Man nodded, and just kept on smiling. "I've got great plans for you, Ms. Stevens. But let's get the important things out of the way," He clapped his hands together causing the girls to flinch. The rest sat unaffected. "First thing first is FSP."

Both girls rose an eyebrow. Even though London was a Kpop maniac, she had never heard of that since she came out of her mother's womb. "FSP?" They asked in unison. He nodded.

"Precisely. FSP. Fan Service Partners." He explained.

London squealed. "Oh! FSP! Well that makes sense!"

He chuckled. "Yes. Now, since you're being added to the group, there's going to be some changes."

"Like?" Kimberly asked.

"Well, this is how I sorted things out once I was notified that a much younger member was added. Onew, you'll be paired with Jonghyun."

The two nodded even though one majorly disagreed. 

"Key, you'll be paired with Minho."

They nodded.

"And Kimberly," She groaned mentally as her eye twitched. "-you'll be paired up with-" She already saw this one coming. her life. "Taemin."

Taemin smirked, but it was barely noticeable. "If you really want one thing, you have to give up on another," Taemin said, glancing at her.

If we weren't in this mans office, I swear to god Tae-ing-min.. She thought, but smiled outwardly.

She nodded. "I understand. Thank you, Tae...Taemin," She replied, seeing his smirk become more noticeable. Her eye twitched again.

"Hmmm," Lee Soo-Man noticed the uncomfortable-ness between the two, and came up with the perfect idea. He was a very stern man, and adored perfection. He wanted perfection from his perfect group. EXO was his top priority, but SHINee had always had a special place in his schedule book. "Since you two seem to take such fondness to one another, how about you two show some of that fanservice right now."

As much as Taemin wanted to question against the powerful man about that he remembered how much he loved getting that paycheck so he nodded, and began leaning towards Kimberly. She looked at him weirdly, and raised her hand where his lips met. Taemin leaned back and gave her a weird look. She powerfully gave him one right back. Lee Soo-Man explained. "I forgot to tell you what Fan Service even is. It's where members of a group show one another fake affection to appease the fans. Now, let's see it." He smiled, excitement twinkling in his eyes.

Kimberly sent Taemin a very strong air death threat that practically threatened him to not doing anything stupid. He smirked back, then leaned forward again, and placed a very light, yet lingering kiss to her cheek, then pulled back. Lee Soo-Man clapped. "Perfect! You two are more than comfortable I see. Well, let's move on shall we?"

As the man continued, Kimberly was only half-listening. Her mind sorely on that kiss. Sure, it was just on the cheek, but it stung her harder than she had expected or really expected at all. It made her heart skip a beat, and gave her thoughts that she wanted to get rid of as fast as possible in place of something else, anything. It made her long for something that she either didn't want or didn't know if she wanted.

And she hated Taemin twice as much as she had before for it.


UGH I'm sorry again guys for this lame short chapter. It would've been a little longer, but ONCE AGAIN I have a modeling audition to go to this Saturday, but I will make up for it BUT OMG

DID U GUYS NOT ENJOY THAT GIF AND THAT KISS???
LIKE FINALLY!

TAEKIM!!

lol that's gonna be a thing I swear haha.

OH! I noticed that no one's commenting but the reads are going up. 

Am I really that bad of an author? Am I going to fast? Too slow? IDK YOU GUYS

And I won't know until you guys comment! It doesn't even have to be two sentences JEEZ just let me know that you're enjoying the story. What's so bad with commenting? I always comment on every story that I read and like. PLS don't be a silent reader. That's what makes authors delete their stories you know..

ANYWHO!

Expect a much better update next week!

Thanks for reading AND DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT PLS

DO IT FOR TAEMINIE