To be, or not to be?

To be, or not to be?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Life is something that moves so very fast that one never quite realizes exactly what is going on. So busy are we, some of us trying to pursue dreams, some of us pursuing fragments of our past, some of us not even knowing what we’re pursuing.  But how many of us try to sit down, take a deep long breath and look out the window, simply doing nothing. Just waiting for the passers by and trying to guess who they are or what kind of person they might be or even what their profession is in just those flitting moments that you see them walk past and then forget all about them.

 

But little do we know, that sometimes meetings aren’t quite so flitting...

 

WHY am I saying that? Because, the story which I’m about to recount speaks of just that. So let’s all sit back and spare a moment or two to appreciate how miraculous something as trivial as a chance meeting can be and how large impressions they can make in a person’s life at times.

 

You were sitting down quietly at a park bench, breaking a few breadcrumbs and scattering them for the pigeons who were sitting at your feet. You were doing so absent-mindedly, while your mind cluttered with so many thoughts and worries of your life that you didn’t realize when a man walked up to your bench, his hands in his pockets, with an extremely slow and pensive gait. He sat down quietly at the empty side of the bench next to you and breathed out a slow sigh. That sigh broke your trance and you turned to look at him. He was looking fixedly at something straight ahead with an expression you’d never forget. You didn’t quite understand what expression that was either. But his brows were furrowed and he seemed lost deeply in thought. A few moments passed just like that. You, looking at the handsome man sitting next to you as if you were in a trance and him staring ahead with a lost expression on his face. The musical fountain continued playing its flowing musical tune incessantly. That was the only thing that broke the silence of this charmed scene...

 

Suddenly, he stirred, as if he had come back to life from stone and fished into his pocket and brought out a pencil and a small notepad. He started scribbling notes into his notepad with enthusiasm. He seemed to have no idea of his surroundings. You slowly turned back to your breadcrumbs, when he spoke for the first time.

 

A voice which was soft and smooth and melted in your ears like honey did in your mouth.

 

“So what do you make of me after observing me for so long?”

 

It felt like his soft voice lingered even after he had stopped speaking. You tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter