Remember

Remember

Burning ambers rose out of the crackling fire, the smell of grilled fish rising in the air.

Sasuke stared blankly at the burning flames, eyes still sensitive from the surgery Madara performed using his brother's eyes. Itachi.

His brother. Used by Konoha and died like a dog in the end. How pitiful.

And he ended up being the one pushing his brother off the proverbial edge. Just as Itachi planned.

Sasuke closed his eyes, the light from the flames starting to irritate them. That bastard.

He felt partially at fault for this. He should've realized the tension between his brother and the clan all those years ago. He was far too naive back then, blinded by his own ambition to surpass his brother. He should've seen the signs.

Then the Massacre happened. And his brother changed into That Man.

He chuckled bitterly. And now he honestly couldn't remember anything about Itachi. His favorite food, his hobbies, nothing; none. All he could remember was the red glow of Itachi's Magnekyou and Itachi standing over the corpses of their parents.

Perhaps he never did knew his brother after all.

A voice interrupted his train of thoughts.

"The fishes are going to burn." Madara stated, appearing soundlessly behind him.

"I know." he replied, but he made no move to take them.

The grilled fishes ended up charred. None of them cared.