will, is, was

Smile ft. SeSoo

His smile will be the prettiest thing ou'll ever see
His smile will make raindrops fall on the sea
Her smile will never be for me.

 

 

It was a day in Autumn when Sehun first saw Kyungsoo. He held his DSLR in place and saw the most beautiful smile he's laid eyes upon. It was vibrant ray of warm summer despite the ongoing cold autumn. The sky was a cocktail of orange and fading red; windy and the leaves were swirling through the pathway like small whispers of affection from Mother Nature, a gentle caress from oncoming winter, telling you to bundle yourself up before it gets too cold. The stranger was wearing a very humble brown, fitting right in with the crowd, but he owned a smile that made him stand out from the rest. Sehun was clutching at his throbbing chest with a withering gaze, surprised. He stole a glimpse of that smile before walking away, wondering if what he's feeling is love at first sight.

Maybe it was, because for some reason, he wished that smile was for him instead.

 

 

 

His smile is like flowers blossoming on me
His smile is like joy and clarity
Maybe- he's smiling at me?

 

 

Sehun stared at the wilting tulip in his hand, once pure white now dying brown.

He looked across from him to see a flower shop, filled with a variety of colorful flowers. He looked at the withering flower in his hold and placed it in his wallet. Taking small steps, he savoured the way everything molds in the right way. How the sun isn't too hot and how the trees shade people from sunlight. The wind picks up its pace and Sehun enters the shop quietly.

The bells chime and when he looks up he sees Beauty.

"How may I help you?" He asks, and Sehun takes a moment to scan the shop, when he sees a specific flower and points at it, a tiny smile on his lips. Beauty nods and smiles back, and Sehun silently balks in his place because that smile-- it was for him, right? It brought a rather surprising sensation in his stomach, like tight knots of anxiety but with wings-- could these be 'butterflies'? Sehun curls his lip inside his mouth. He clutches at his burning chest and inhales deeply. Kyungsoo-- the florist-- calls his attention, voice like elegant violins and baby's breaths. "Would that be all?"

Sehun takes notice of the smallest details of the stranger's smile, how his eyes would crinkle up slightly and how his lips would form into a heart. It brought waves of gooseflesh down his spine, but it was a pleasant feeling. Like lying in a feild of bright, yellow daisies and sunflowers while the sun showers you with careful warmth. Slowly, Sehun smiles back, genuinely this time, and he nods.

"Would you mind if I take your number?"

 

Kyungsoo hesitates, but with an ever-so beautiful smile, he whispers his name into the petals of a bouqet of roses.

 

 

His smile was like pins and needles, oh, indeed

His smile was like cinnamon and black tea

 

 

It takes a lot for someone to love with bare chests and open hearts, for them to be able to be really and vulnerable to everything for that one special person. And Sehun had been bare-boned and ready since day one. He wasn't so sure if Kyungsoo was too.

You see, Kyungsoo had poison in his finger tips, a certain kind of poison that only makes Sehun come back time and time again, even if he knew it himself there was always something more happening behind Kyungsoo's closed apartment door. The problem was, Sehun couldn't do anything, for he loves Kyungsoo-- dare he say, too much-- loves him to his imperfection, to his tears and to his scars. To the frequent trips to the bathroom and the littlest of meals. Sehun had always loves him dearly, so much that he hasn't noticed his own heart bleeding.

Kyungsoo's hugs were sweet, always so. But there were pins and needles in his skin, prickling though Sehun's open skin and piercing through his heart. Points so fine, Sehun hasn't noticed he'd been bleeding until he sees in the same pathway, where he first saw the most gorgeous smile he'd ever laid eyes upon, he sees a certain boy named Do Kyungsoo, seeking warmth in another man's arms, eyes twinkling and smile brighter than their usual.

Only then did Sehun realize the pain of heartbreak.

And he vowed to never love again.

 

 

 

 

His smile wasn't for me