The One Who Got Away

The One Who Got Away

Yours POV:

*Sound of trains passing by at night*

I still cannot erase you
I keep thinking about you
I really miss you
I cannot sleep at all at night
The sound of the raindrops hitting on the window of my heart
The place that you left
I really miss you
And I cannot sleep at all at night


Getting sick of my phone ringtones*U-Kiss 0330* continuously ringed, I turned them off then throw it across the bridge as I curse it furiously. My jaw was set; my eyes closing as the wind gently rustled my clothes and hair. I raised my foot and set it on the edges of the bridge. Tears were pooling in my eyes and it was just a few seconds until the tears finally fall onto my cheeks.

Memories of us played before my eyes. They just kept coming and coming. Just like an old movie.

 

//Flashback//

 

 You were new kid on the block and you went to the alley which is a short cut to your house after school as usual when… 

“Hey girl!” a voice said mockingly. You turned your head around and saw the famous school bullies, Block B.

“What do you want ??” You asked in irritated voice.

“Awh, trying act not scare to us?” P.O with Block B members asked.

“Well at least I don't have a stupid brain like you do” You replied. [Sorry BBC, I didn’t meant to use Block B as gangster]

“, what did you call him?” Zico snapped. “Boys, GET HER!!!” Block B started to surround you as you walk backward.

 “Yah!!! Leave her alone!!!”Soohyun walked towards you and the gangster. You moved a bit further away from them.

Soohyun smiled and gave you a wink. At that time, a cupid strikes your heart [Well, like in movie where a girl got rescue by her hero] Soohyun fought the bullies one by one. In the end, they got serious injury and they scampered away. Soohyun jogged to you and asked if you were ok. You nodded.

“By the way, I’m Shin Soohyun”

Next day at your new university…

“Ooofff!” You exclaimed; you bumped into someone and both of you fell on the ground. “Mianei”

“Gwechana” a sweet voice replied.

You froze. You looked up and it was a same guy who rescued you from bullies. Soohyun was extending his arm to you. Since then the two of you were inseparable. You guys managed to keep your friendship all throughout till 3rd years of university, which is the present.

You two would argue like a child fight over a game. He loves to ruffled your hair roughly, pinched your cheek lightly, locked your hand together and laughs at your blush. He always texting you almost every night, just to make sure you alright and would said “I love you” at the end of your conversation. He is the sweetest guy you’ve met in your entire life. Others who watch would think you and Soohyun as a sweetest couple ever. How you wish it come true. Soohyun know that you do have feeling for him.

One day at your university was boring, as usual. You were seat at the back where the professor wouldn’t notice of you sleeping. You couldn’t understand a single thing your professor was teaching especially when it was a subject caused you ended up drooling in your sleep. “Let me introduce you a new student, please come in” professor invited her in. You yawned lazily and slowly rubbed your eyes when Soohyun shook your shoulder to wake up as he was sat next to you.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Nicole-imnida” Nicole greeted with bow. You two were gazed by her beauty. As you excepted, she was bullied and leave alone on her first day. You decided to ask her if she want to be your friend.

And that was your 1st biggest mistake ever you’ve made. 2nd biggest mistakes you’ve made are you told your new best friend, Nicole that you actually have feelings for Soohyun.

One day on your usual hangouts together, Soohyun received a text that made him smiled like crazy.

 “I’m sorry but I have to go somewhere.” Soohyun said while packing up his things.

“Where are you going?”You tried not to sound disappointed. This was first time he leaving you alone. Seeing your one and only crush such in hurry leaving you, he was blushing like hell. “Are you hiding something from me?” You teased, raising an eyebrow at him. He was avoided eye contact with you.

“Buh-Bye!” Soohyun gives you a flying kiss.

You sighed. After a while, you were stopped by a cafe beside a park and went inside to order cake when you saw Soohyun and Nicole giggled, holding hand together while inspecting the door which the pair had passed through. They immediately let go when they saw you.

 “Only I could hold Soohyun’s hand” You grin before flashed a fake smile to them. You couldn't sleep as those images keep playing in your mind. You even once saw Nicole sat at Soohyun’s lap as he hugged her a little more closely whenever you’re not around. You look at them; seemingly cuddling caused your anger mixed with jealously grown worse than ever. But you decided to forget it.

After a month, Soohyun would always receive texts from someone whom he refuses to tell you and it’s getting worse. Same goes to Nicole. It makes you feel like you were never exists between this two. You couldn’t take it anymore.

At his apartment, you were started get annoyed of Soohyun’s phone ringtone for the millionth time that day; you quickly grabbed it and run from him.

“Yahh! Give it back to me!” Soohyun chased you around the house.

“Not until I see who you’re BBM with.” You stuck your tongue out at him before glancing over to his phone screen. You froze.

 

 

Soohyun snapped the phone from you. You ran into the bathroom and slammed at his face harshly.

“Open the door NOW!”You heard Soohyun banging on the door. “….HyunA…Please”

“LEAVE.ME.ALONE” your tears fall down on your cheek and you use your thumb to wipe it.

 “Fine then, you leaves me no choice....”

You opened the door right as soon Soohyun try to ram his shoulder into it. Soohyun couldn't stop in time and ended up crashing into floor as you step aside. You glanced at him before leaving the house. That evening, you pull out your earphone and it in your both ears. You were walked alone, watching every your footsteps at the amusement park as you tried to calm yourself down. You looked up when you heard a familiar voice through the crowd.

“There is some ice-cream on the corner of your mouth.” Soohyun said.

“Clean it for me!” Nicole pouted. You really hate it whenever she pouted.

“You will regret it!” Soohyun was holding Nicole’s cheek and kissing her passionately. Something snapped or more sound like cracked mirror inside you. You not realize that you have broken your spec into two in your hand.

“Soo—Soohyunie?” You startled at their action.

“Hyun…HyunA” Nicole gasped.

“So it’s true…You and Soohyun are…” you cleared your throat. “Are dating…?”

Nicole bit her lip and looked away from you, trying to avoid eye contact. You tried to cover your mouth as your tears falling like a stream.

“All I ever wanted was to be treated like a real lover from you, Soohyun” You mumble, covering your ears from all the noises as you fell on your knees. Your body trembles hard as Soohyun pulls you close to him.

“I...I’m sorry, HyunA. I wanted to tell you but I-” before he could finish his sentence, you slapped his hand off you.

“Shut those dirty lies lips of your” You said in cold tone as you stand up.

 

//End of Flashback//

 

 

The cold breeze was keep on blowing that night, freezing up someone who’s been alone around the city and I was end up at the train’s station. As I went to edges of the bridge and about to jump off the bridge, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and looked at Nicole. Her worried face looked back at me, she was panting hard from running.

“We’ve been looking for…you” She panted.

“You knew from the very beginning that I loved Soohyun”

“Yes...” She stared at me with guilt in her eyes.

“And what did you do ABOUT IT?” I said, raising my voice a bit. “YOU.TOOK.HIM.AWAY.FROM.ME”

 “Please...Step off of from the edge, its dangerous” She begging. I smiled at her as more tears flowed. Then she soon joined me, standing at the edge.

“Let me explains…”

Next day, I peered to look the television inside the café as I was passed by.

“This is a BREAKING NEWS; a university girl was founded dead. She was believed to suicides herself…A boy student was also found missing. The police believed that he has connection with the dead girl…Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah”

Whatever the reporter said, like I care!

*Sound of your high heels*

He loves me...He loves me not” I counted my foot step echoing through the abandoned building.[ you walked like a model] I went inside this empty white room with no windows on it. There a boy who tied up in the centre of the room. Gently, I caressed Soohyun’s face. I leaned down close to Soohyun’s ears and whispered something to wake him up as my right hand squeezed his neck.

“Let-Let me go” Soohyun pleaded, struggling to free. “Where’s Nicole?”  I looked at him with emotionless then give a biggest smirk of mine.

“What did you do...To her?”

 

//Flashback//

 

At that time both of you were standing at the bridge. You found yourself buried in Nicole's embrace. After she explains everything to you [honestly you didn’t heard a single things she said to you]

 “I hope we can still be friend despite all of this. Please forgive me”

“Owh, don’t worry!” You smirked in your hug. “I’ll forgive you…like NEVER”

“Huh…?” Nicole then broke the hug and stared at you.

There you push Nicole off the edge with an evil smile marked on your face. Time became slow as you saw her fall from the edge before the train crashed her body into pieces.

 

//End of Flashback//

 

“W-What that?” Soohyun looked that the bottle I was holding. Without hesitate, I started to pour it on him until its finish. There I light the matches.

“Wha-What are you doing,HyunA?” Soohyun startled. I look at the small matches and then smirked at Soohyun, who tied up on the chair.

“Don’t worry; soon you’ll meet Nicole in hell…” I my lips. I throw the matches at wet Soohyun before I turned back against him. The fire started to heat up.

“ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Soohyun scream as he was burned by the flame. I coldly smirked as my head turned back just to watch him for the last time. I walked out from there and whistling “Troublemaker’’ enjoying the music of his painful scream through the empty building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-      END    -